Naughty Dog Remove Doughnut Drake From Uncharted 4

Being overweight is unhealthy and shouldn't be encouraged.  If that's the reason Naughty Dog is removing it, no harm done.

If they're removing it to avoid gamers laughing at fat people... well, maybe fat people should stop being so hilarious.

Not going to read the entire post or thread, but are you sure this is not some anti fat shaming bs?

i do love a cheeky bit of fat shaming 

cant wait to play as my healthy body white male protagonist with his blond pretty wife 

(big fan of uncharted love em all) 

Being overweight is unhealthy and shouldn't be encouraged.  If that's the reason Naughty Dog is removing it, no harm done.

If they're removing it to avoid gamers laughing at fat people... well, maybe fat people should stop being so hilarious.

i'm fat yes but i'm not unhealthy 

i chose to be fat so but i dont ask to be represented since let's be honest i can't do the jumps elena can do ha ha im to heavy

and why is fat funny i must ask? 

Edited by Fastandslow

Being overweight is not healthy. It means you're over the weight you should be, as in, most likely you have an excess of something that will, at one point, hinder you in life in one way or another. It's too complicated of a situation with too many variables to really draw a good generalized conclusion. However, it would behoove most people to strive to eat healthy, exercise regularly, and not strife to be overweight on purpose.  

With that said, I don't know why people associate weight/obesity with worth. Your weight should have no impact on your character/worth as a human being. Also, I think too many people read too much into this, lol.

Lol, this game.

Considering the amount of stealing Nate and Sam have done......... well I don't know what to say.

EDIT: Wait a minute, wouldn't they have to cut out a lot of the banter then? A lot of it is pretty childish but funny, why do it for one thing but not the other?

EDIT: Anyway, good on them. I just can't wait, QB,DS3, R&C1 and U4 all in between a few weeks.

Edited by FlareXV

I feel like this is a shitpost OP, I think this 'anti-sjw' shit is just as bad as the sjw stereotype itself. Donut Drake was a 2 minute gag, and now people are typing out full blown tumblr rants about it. Theres a difference between wanting to be 'safe' and being tasteful, and Donut Drake was neither. There wasnt a fat Joel in The Last of Us, because ND have matured.

That's the problem. Naughty Dog have matured too much for their own damn good and their games have descended into a pile of mediocrity while attempting to do MATURE STORYTELLING FOR MATURE GAMERS. Uncharted is a light hearted series anyway, isn't it? 

That's the problem. Naughty Dog have matured too much for their own damn good and their games have descended into a pile of mediocrity while attempting to do MATURE STORYTELLING FOR MATURE GAMERS. Uncharted is a light hearted series anyway, isn't it? 

the last of us being one of the most award winning games of all time and having more than 90+ score on metacritic (don't remember the exact number) is a pile of mediocrity to you? because the majority seems to not think that way.

their games might not have that "childish looking" tone as before, but i fail to see how that can be counted as mediocrity, just your opinion, because after the ps3 era i only saw nothing but improvements from that company, and sales and reviews seems to support this.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

It's hardly them removing gameplay mechanics. Oh noes, people don't like the fact Drake kills people.... News at 10 "Naughty dog replaces guns and bullets with stuffed animals and puppies... Now we kill them with kindness." So they removed a fat gag, big deal. Maybe some of their employees recently got the diabeetus, maybe some of them have been on an all donut diet and don't want to be tempted to return to it.  It's up to the developer to decide what they want to make it into the game. I don't remember reading any protests to Donut Drake, so it's not like it's coming from outside pressure. It's just them deciding what best for their game. 

and why is fat funny i must ask? 

Because it's jiggly, and fat people generally struggle to do most things.  I mean, it's depressing if they struggle to breathe or live their lives in discomfort... but a really fat person stumbling around and getting exhausted trying to pick a ham up off the ground?  Comedy gold!

Good why would you want to play as a fat person in this type of series? Uncharted is about realism.

Is it though?

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Because it's jiggly, and fat people generally struggle to do most things.  I mean, it's depressing if they struggle to breathe or live their lives in discomfort... but a really fat person stumbling around and getting exhausted trying to pick a ham up off the ground?  Comedy gold!

Some people find that sexy ;) I know my other does lol ha

Never played as Doughnut Drake in earlier games so can't say this bothers me too much. Still kind of silly that they didn't include him in the game now, Oh well there's probably bigger problems in the world than some video game character.

the last of us being one of the most award winning games of all time and having more than 90+ score on metacritic (don't remember the exact number) is a pile of mediocrity to you? because the majority seems to not think that way.

their games might not have that "childish looking" tone as before, but i fail to see how that can be counted as mediocrity, just your opinion, because after the ps3 era i only saw nothing but improvements from that company, and sales and reviews seems to support this.

I was more referring to my experience with the Uncharted series being mediocre and their mentality as wannabe film directors overly concerned with making a game as mature and adult as possible as opposed to game developers making a game fun. Jak and Daxter proved that they can do both, but ever since Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin left the quality of their games has in my opinion taken a steep nosedive and looks to be continuing. That was needlessly defensive of you to be quite honest. Also your comment about it being "childish looking" really cements my point and seems to be very symptomatic of current ND fans; that is, overly defensive fanboys completely unable to take any sort of criticism and perceiving everything as a personal attack.