Servers shutdown for some Ubisoft games!

mattest09

thx for saying, though.

1 why would they shut hawx 2 and not 1 and also why shut coj bib when it was just on plus

2 that list says Coj The cartel is shut, servers are still up also says that with shaun white skateboarding,

3 then there are games in that list with online shut.

So the mystery is will they actually shut or be like the ones i mentioned in list 2? in anycase better to be safe and get online for them incase they indeed do shut

Edited by Stevieboy
Don't look for people in the forum, Use Gaming Sessions.

The servers for CoJ the Cartel are down, but the games MP/Co-op is peer hosted, so it doesn't need Ubi's servers to be playable online- just Sony's.... it did lose all uplay support though. There is no telling for sure HOW this will effect these games. Ubi games usually seem to be peer-hosted (I'm almost positive that Hawx 2 is) It's safest of course to finish these up ASAP, but be aware that they may not actually "go down" as long as PSN is functional.

If you want to earn of the Uplay points in these games, or redeem any rewards- do that now (if you care) as that will def be removed (Hawx 2 and Dual of Champions are uplay enabled). Anything you unlock before it is removed will remain usable.

• Like 1

Not even close. AC Brotherhood is six years old and you can still play MP in that game. Find me an EA game half as old as that with the servers still up and reliable.

Bad Company 2 would like to have a word with you. ;)

Man, I don't know if I want to go for CoJ or not... Pain in the ass, nyu. :P 

The only EA console game that's had it's servers shut down in the last 4-5 years is Bulletstorm (And only on PS3), and that was tied in with Gamespy. All EA games from 3 years ago are playable online (I haven't had any issues with reliability/stability either). Hell, all their sports games released in 2011 to present are still playable online.

So is the recent PS+ CoJ going to take a lot of time boosting to get those trophies or should I just not bother?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I wasn't really planning to start this anytime soon since it's only recently been added to my backlog.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I wasn't really planning to start this anytime soon since it's only recently been added to my backlog.

IF you boost with a good group, you can complete all the online trophies in 3 or 4 hours. If not, you must hurry, took me 2 weeks playing 2 hours per day to go only halfway to the most grindy one. 

Edited by ElBolovo

Well, thanks for the heads up!  :D

Okay, but according to my profile  :hmm:, the only Ubisoft game I have is WATCH DOGS and not the games mentioned in the OP. I never played any of those games so I'm not really sure if I'd be looking forward to those...  

Edited by ee28max

Thanks for info, luckily I m long done with CoJ Bound in Blood and Hawx doesnt really interest me. I wouldnt be surprised if those games will still be online even after the date of shutdown, CoJ Cartel and TC Endwar servers are supposed to be down but they are actually up.

Well they don't give us a lot of time with these games. Good thing I got BiB out of the way and I got nothing else from the list. But less than a month notice, geez.

30 days notice is usually a standard for this type of announcement and they actually updated the info on their page 2 days ago.

While EA may have an unobtainable trophy here and there (Usually tournament/challange based- Tiger and Fifa usually have 1 or 2 a year) you can still earn the other online trophies (If you can still play the game mode, you can still get associated trophies). The old MLB games are 2K, not EA....which is a different story entirely. Sony holds the MLB liscence now, and are responsible for their own shutdowns. All EA non-sports games (Again outside Bulletstorm), over the past few years are still up and trophies can be earned.

Back to Ubi though, its unlikely this will effect much- Ive said it before, CoJ the Cartel DID have it's Ubisoft online servers shut down, that's why you can no longer connect to the uplay service. You CAN still play online, because for the MP/Co-op, YOU are the host server, not Ubisoft. Many Ubisift games work this way. Shaun White, TinTin, Powerup heroes, America's Army, Double Agent (on 360) were all shut down years ago, but you can still play online due to their peer to peer connection. A couple Ubi games are completely unplayable online, but MOST with shutdown servers are still playable...and will remains so as long as PSN or XBL continue to be  online. As long as you can connect, you can still earn trophies. If there is anything that requires uploading, that will end with Ubi's servers.

Wasn't Bound in Blood on PS+ very recently? Or was that a different CoJ game? Seems pretty shitty to offer it on PS+ and then swiftly announce server shutdown - that'll be a lot of people thrown into a frantic rush to get it done in time.

On the flipside, perhaps their plans for server shutdown is the reason for offering it on PS+. I'm glad they put it on PS+ because otherwise I would've heard this announcement and simply shrugged it off since I don't own any of them.

Like others, I better hurry my ass up and join a gaming session.

30 days notice is usually a standard for this type of announcement and they actually updated the info on their page 2 days ago.

Did not know that. Only dealt with 3 server closures, two had announcement in 3 months advance, one no announcement at all. Some I come across give more than a month too, but that's a really small percentage I guess and I don't really deal with this kinda stuff so I believe you.