PS+ IGC September 2016 (EU + US)

LastMinuteSavior

Also it is neither unethical or a bad business practice to move units. There is no slight of hand here. Sales are intended to move units. If a particular item doesn't meet expectations at 50% off, then putting it for sale at 75% off is totally valid. So much so that businesses have been doing so since the beginning of commerce. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad. Does it suck to realize that you could have held on to a few dollars if you'd waited a bit longer? Yes. But is that Sony's fault? No. Your feelings are valid--everyone's are--but unfortunately I think your conclusion doesn't factor in the big picture.

Great points, and largely true. My only counter to that would be that there is a difference between physical units, and digital units.

With traditional stores, you need to move physical units to create space for new merchandise. This doesn't entirely apply to digital sales. With a store, you can buy at 50% off, or wait and see if it hits 75%. The risk is that the item may be gone by then, so you may miss out altogether.

Still, most stores have some price protection - I believe 30 days is industry standard. Whether or not most people take advantage of that is a different story, but it gives the impression that the store is being upfront, and it generates consumer confidence. The retail market is also much more competitive, so such policies are designed to earn and keep customers, which is much less of an issue with a digital market, especially one where you have a relative monopoly.

In any case, I would agree that you can't expect a digital title to never go on sale if it's going to be a Plus title. I've bought lots on sales that ended up going into the Plus line up - it does suck when I don't get to the game before it gets to the IGC, but that's the risk. Do I grab it now on sale, knowing that I may not play it for a while and it may go on sale at a deeper discount, or take the risk that it doesn't hit that price again for a long time.

There have been a few exceptions, where a game has been featured heavily discounted very shortly before being added to the IGC. Given that the IGC is set months in advance, this really does seem like an underhanded move. Unethical? Probably not, but would also not be something most stores could get away with. Just because Sony can, doesn't necessarily make it a good practice overall.

I think we can all agree it sucks to buy something in a sale on Saturday, then have it free a week later :)

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they don't understand what you are saying. It also doesn't mean that they are trolling or lacking in intelligence. As Rach says in the quote below, there are other people to think about, people that do not subscribe to Plus, people that are not you. Also it is neither unethical or a bad business practice to move units. There is no slight of hand here. Sales are intended to move units. If a particular item doesn't meet expectations at 50% off, then putting it for sale at 75% off is totally valid. So much so that businesses have been doing so since the beginning of commerce. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad. Does it suck to realize that you could have held on to a few dollars if you'd waited a bit longer? Yes. But is that Sony's fault? No. Your feelings are valid--everyone's are--but unfortunately I think your conclusion doesn't factor in the big picture.

I want to like this so hard. Damn daily limits.

Ok.

Edited by Mar

It's a great month and all but why give the fourth game in the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time series after giving the second the other month? I mean what about the third: The Two Thrones / Rival Swords?

They want you to buy those...

The Prince of Persia-game caught my interest. Is it one of the better or one of the worse ones. And more importantly:

Can it be played without knowing the predecessors?

Definitely with this one. This game actually came out when the movie did and the game doesn't really have any ties to the movie or previous games except that you look similar to guy in the movie. Really easy plat.

Edited by skateak

Good lineup, imo.

I already had Journey, but that's not their bad. It's a perfect game for PS+

I didn't want to spend any money on Lords of the Fallen, because it looked like a bad Dark Souls knockoff. I might start playing it now (not sure though? Don't wanna end up not enjoying it and havinf to plow through 200 hours of bad gameplay for platinum, not to mention the DLC I'd have to buy). That said, while it's not an AA game, I'd call it an A- game (Not a review score, as I haven't played it. Talking about production quality), which is really as good as we can hope for on PS+.

After watching some trailers, Badland doesn't seem like it's for me, but it has good Steam reviews and a plat, so I can imagine it's a treat for some others.

PoP Forgotten Sands is also a great game to get for free. I'd totally replay it, if it came on PS4 :)

Very solid month.

Quite an impressive and a remarkable lineup, I must admit. That $10 hike in NA region showing its effect.

By the way, bought journey in one of the sale early in the year, being a cross-buy had it since for both PS3 and PS4, but, a great game offering this month, nevertheless :D :D

Finally a good month!

I bought PoP Forgotten Sands when it was on sale a few months back (no biggie) but I'll definitely be grabbing the rest of the games (though I don't own a Vita yet).

If Sony keeps up good months like this, I won't mind the $20 a year price hike as much.

Looking forward to Lords of the Fallen and Journey the most!

Take this with the caveat that this was my 15th plat, and I played it in 2010 (that's 339 plats ago.....)

I think this was a good one. It's pretty short, and I don't recall it being so integral to the larger story that you would be lost to jump in there.

The Prince of Persia game was essentially a standalone reboot, where this one took part within the Sands story arc, but really was more of a standalone.

None of the games are super long though, so you could go back to the original trilogy (I still have to replay these at some time)

Definitely with this one. This game actually came out when the movie did and the game doesn't really have any ties to the movie or previous games except that you look similar to guy in the movie. Really easy plat.

Thanks to both of you for the additional info. 

And it's nice to hear that the games are rather short. This makes the decision easier to try out the earlier games if I will like the one given via PS+. :)

• Like 1