Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition *UPDATE*

I take it the remaster won't have mp trophies, so maybe the mp DLC will finally be removed from the PS Store. The servers closed years ago, making all mp trophies unobtainable, yet the mp DLCs can still be bought.

Here's hoping there will be a sequel some day.

The vast majority of firearms use magazines, not clips, so that title will bother me forever.  :lol:

Lol :lol:.

WHAAAAAAAT? Bulletstorm was one of the funniest games I've ever played. The elevator scene had me laughing so hard I dropped my controller.

I agree.

• Like 2

This doesn't interest me at all until they reopen the PS3 servers so I can play the game I bought new less than a week before the servers closed without notice, and never got to play (luckily it was only $5).

Also, it still bothers me when I constantly see this game on the flash and weekly sales when the plat has been unobtainable for new players for a very long time.  Something about that just seems so dishonest to me, and I'd never buy a 'newer, shinier' copy until that's rectified, which I'm sure it never will be.

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't really like this game then? I remember playing it back in the day, and it felt like kind of a chore trying to get a good score on every enemy you came across. Maybe I'll like it more now. It's been a long time since I last played it after all.

I take it the remaster won't have mp trophies, so maybe the mp DLC will finally be removed from the PS Store. The servers closed years ago, making all mp trophies unobtainable, yet the mp DLCs can still be bought.

Wow, that's pretty awful. How can you sell DLC to someone when they can't even use it? That's very dishonest of them.

I had a look on my store, and I couldn't seem to find any DLC.

Really don't care what people say about this game but it was one of those sleeper games for me. Put the disc into my PS3 and thought let me try this crap game. Took me by surprise and 10 hours later I was still playing it and I replayed it last year. Awesome game. Still have my PS3 copy. 

I don't typically like most straight up FPS's but I enjoyed Bulletstorm on the 360.  That being said, used copies of the game have been under $5 since about 6 months after release.  Doesn't bother me if others want to pay for slightly better graphics or a new set of trophies, but for those that just want to play the campaign and don't care about the plat, you can save a bundle by looking in a bargain bin.

Great game, but as with all titles that have an online portion which gets the dreaded server closure, it leaves a bad taste

Enjoyed it on 360 and got quite a few of the online ach before shutdown, but having started it late on ps3 it will be another of the impossible to plat brigade

So whilst I would really like to play a remastered version, I would much rather they just re upped the servers for the versions I already paid for.

This doesn't interest me at all until they reopen the PS3 servers so I can play the game I bought new less than a week before the servers closed without notice, and never got to play (luckily it was only $5).

While I certainly agree with you regarding continuing to sell the game when a portion of it is no longer playable, there was quite a bit of advanced warning regarding the server shutdowns, and I believe they actually stayed up past the original shut down date.

As a general rule of thumb, if you are buying an old game with MP, it behooves you to research the online status before purchasing.

This game was ok, the SP was fun, but not spectacular. I can't see myself wanting to play it again, but it would be worth a look for those who haven't experienced it.

Here's hoping there will be a sequel some day.

We really do think alike quite often, I came here to say 2 things...

1. If this game doesn't have MP trophies, I'll grab it in a second!  ^_^ I loved this game, it was probably one of my favorite shooters, I just couldn't plat it because of those damn online trophies! >_<
  2. I would've liked to see a sequel, but this is pretty good too, at least they haven't completely forgot about the game. :P
  • Like 1

Same here, the skill shots, humor, and weapons made that game a hidden gem.

Totally ridiculous moves. I never got tired of kicking enemies into the spikes and catcus plants lol. Forgot the name of the plants that could eat you or posion cause that really pissed me off. Love the swearing as well  :lol:

Also, it still bothers me when I constantly see this game on the flash and weekly sales when the plat has been unobtainable for new players for a very long time.  Something about that just seems so dishonest to me, and I'd never buy a 'newer, shinier' copy until that's rectified, which I'm sure it never will be.

Second edit:

I have since been corrected. For some reason, I thought that many of the annual sports games which are notorious for having servers that only stay up for a year were published by EA. I was wrong, as you'll see below. 

My original post remains below the line. 

It was published by EA. If they don't make their money, they get pissy and turn shit off. That's just what they do. 

Can't remember the last time I bought a game from them... oh, no, wait, Unraveled was them, wasn't it. Other than that I think it must have been Mass Effect 3. I don't miss any of their "AAA" output. 

Someone's going to go through my list now and find like 10 games from EA that I have bought without realising it was them, and I'm going to have egg on my face. Oh well...

Edit: This remaster is apparently being published by Gearbox, so you can buy in confidence that the servers will be up for at least a little while longer than EA would keep them up for.

Edited by StrickenBiged

they better restore online support on PS3 before droping same game again imho

I highly doubt it. The remasters for Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, AC Revelations, Bioshock 1, and Bioshock 2 didn't have mp trophies, so this one most likely won't have them either.

We really do think alike quite often, I came here to say 2 things...

1. If this game doesn't have MP trophies, I'll grab it in a second!  ^_^ I loved this game, it was probably one of my favorite shooters, I just couldn't plat it because of those damn online trophies! >_<
  2. I would've liked to see a sequel, but this is pretty good too, at least they haven't completely forgot about the game. :P

This just proves it that you're part dragon, you must be dragonborn :awesome:

Totally ridiculous moves. I never got tired of kicking enemies into the spikes and catcus plants lol. Forgot the name of the plants that could eat you or posion cause that really pissed me off. Love the swearing as well  :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that leash thing and kicking enemies into all kinds of death traps. Fun times, I should really play this game again :lol:.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that leash thing and kicking enemies into all kinds of death traps. Fun times, I should really play this game again :lol:.

Definitely, kicking enemies into spike, & guiding a sniper bullet into their heads in slow motion... I never got tired of that. relax2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286251

I remember first getting the game on day one (I still have the limited edition), but it was an impulse buy (that's rare for me), didn't have a clue what kind of game it was. xD