EDIT: Servers now back up again (Original shutdown was supposed to be 4th Dec 2016)

PlanetSurvival

Are you kidding me! of all the games I was planning to platinum next it was this one, and its my personal favorite arkham game.

Why are they closing the servers so soon? Is it just not worth keeping the servers running to the lack of success of the game?

Edited by Pershing24

Why are they closing the servers so soon? Is it just not worth keeping the servers running to the lack of success of the game?

WB is lazy. Even games with 9k players are running right now. The just won't bother keeping alive a half-assed featured nobody asked for.

On another note: I decided not to go for the trophies before server shutdown. Maybe I'll play the game on an alt. Or wait until a PS4 release without mp =P

I managed to do all the MP trophies in less than a week. there is some trophies that are a bit more tough because you need 7 more players(Predator Paragon, Clutch and maybe Know Thy Enemy) but even that can be done easily since there's a lot of ppl trying to get them before the servers closure. All the other 8 can be done easily with 2 more players. I would say it took me 20 hours maybe less.

Hard to say. They already ported the other games, which doesn`t give me hopes. But, I guess time will tell.

Pretty sure they don't intend doing it, don't hold your hopes up.

If works anything to motivate you, MP takes less than 10h to complete. You are going to spend 3h alone in Tales of Gotham, then around one more hour for Clutch, Predator Paragon and Know Thy Enemy, then the rest grinding exp. This game was easily the fastest one I got prestige on, it goes really fast if you put 1 bane against 2 jokers (use the settings to change this), rehost if you don't get that spawn. Seriously, this game is insanely easy to boost.

If works anything to motivate you, MP takes less than 10h to complete. You are going to spend 3h alone in Tales of Gotham, then around one more hour for Clutch, Predator Paragon and Know Thy Enemy, then the rest grinding exp. This game was easily the fastest one I got prestige on, it goes really fast if you put 1 bane against 2 jokers (use the settings to change this), rehost if you don't get that spawn. Seriously, this game is insanely easy to boost.

For me, it makes sense that Virtuous' first Arkham project would be a remaster, so they learn the basics of it (I recall reading they even helped in Origins' development). But if it never comes out, it won`t make a huge difference for me.

As for the boosting, my main problem is time/internet speed. Just downloading/updating the game makes me cringe, and my internet is somewhat unstable, making boost sessions a pain sometimes. I just didn't want to start the game and be screwed out of it by poor internet service. I'd rather play it safe and start it on an alt someday.

On 11/14/2016 at 7:46 AM, LordXNightmare said:

If Origins would ever come to be remastered for the PS4 which I doubt, then the MP trophies won't be included but DLC trophies will replace them in order to obtain the plat.

On 11/13/2016 at 9:53 PM, TheYuriG said:

On 11/14/2016 at 7:26 AM, Arkthur said:

For me, it makes sense that Virtuous' first Arkham project would be a remaster, so they learn the basics of it (I recall reading they even helped in Origins' development). But if it never comes out, it won`t make a huge difference for me.

As for the boosting, my main problem is time/internet speed. Just downloading/updating the game makes me cringe, and my internet is somewhat unstable, making boost sessions a pain sometimes. I just didn't want to start the game and be screwed out of it by poor internet service. I'd rather play it safe and start it on an alt someday.

Ugh.........I'm dead.

nzkiX1R.gif

looks like i'm gonna have to consider a boosting session -_-, thanks for the topic(PlanetSurvival) and replies Ryan,Yuri & Arthur. 

Edited by Shaowsintzu
  • Like 1

It seems unlikely that they will remaster Origins imo. The game was released with so many bugs/glitches that it would make a grown man cry and WB didn't care enough to rectify that situation at the time. Even after getting it on launch day I still can't even plat it due to a bug within one of the campaign challenges that prevents me from unlocking it sadly.

They should have remastered it with the return to arkham collection along with arkham city and arkham knight.

I  don't know if they will ever remaster it, but hopefully they will at a acceptable price.

Rocksteady made the 2 games in the Arkham Collection (Asylum & City). They didn't have anything to do with Origins, which I'm pretty certain is the reason why it wasn't part of the collection.

Edited by Stevieboy

Rocksteady made the 2 games in the Arkham Collection (Asylum & City). They didn't have anything to do with Origins, which I'm pretty certain is the reason why it wasn't part of the collection.

So what if they didn't, WB gets the say since their the publisher, beside Origins is Canon in the Arkham Quadrilogy. 

But of course the main reason they didn't remastered arkham origin is simple because it was unsuccessful in making as much money as the other two, and quite honestly, that was why it was made in the first place, to cash in the franchise.

Edited by Pershing24

Quick question.

I have finished the Mulitplayer trophies yesterday. Since then, I started playing the single player. I noticed the challenges (ranked) were in the game. It has leaderboards online

Will the server shutting down affect single player?

No, you can still do those without being signed into PSN, you just won't be able to submit your scores to the leaderboards when the servers are down but the 3 medal scores are still going to be there when the servers are down. The only online required stuff is the competitive multiplayer. 

Edited by SERGEN
  • Like 2