EDIT: Servers now back up again (Original shutdown was supposed to be 4th Dec 2016)

PlanetSurvival

I bought the game when it went on sale early this year.

I did not have all my life to play it and earn the trophies.

Game makers that tout features that can't be played after a certain date due to disinterest in upkeep of servers are the lowest pieces of shit on the planet. The game was okay without multiplayer, so tacking it on wasn't even needed. This is the same stupid thing to happen to so many games in the internet age of gaming where so much of the hyped up feature-ridden experience is unplayable in a few years after release.

On 2017-6-11 at 7:26 AM, ZZ383 said:

Since 12pm noon EDT USA the onlien was in Error 3 mode. Which is to say, you cannot connect to any server for online play and cannot even host private matches. This ruined a boosting session, and I am unsure if it is back up or will go back up. 

:( And I found out Batman died while getting everything ready. A rough day all around.

ATTENTION:

Servers are back, I have just checked now & they are back online.

I would suggest getting these trophies ASAP!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Adycakes said:

ATTENTION:

Servers are back, I have just checked now & they are back online.

I would suggest getting these trophies ASAP!

I can confirm, server up right now, im going to gett the last online trophies.

So much for the server closure ? Good that folks can still get them though, was a pain in the ass for me, I gave up halfway through the process only to jump right back in when the closure was announced. All those sessions created and joined and literally hours spent studying every minute detail of the How-To videos... good times

Edited by MeteorHawk

8 hours ago, daftprophet said:

Just curious, how long do these online trophies take. Thinking of starting this game. ;)

If you got people who arent sure of what they are doing and waste your time, it can feel like a long time. The factions can be done in private with 3-4 people and can be easily kept track of. The main hassle is clutch and predatator paragon as you need 7-8 people and people can let you down. Id recommend getting them done quick as if done right it could all be done within an hr, the main ones anyway. Faction takes at least 2 as you gotta scroll through each

The entire online portion took me about 8-10 hours, but my first session for predator Paragon + clutch and a few random trophies took way longer than it should've because of morons. 

I also did quite a bit of actually playing of the mp because I found it pretty fun Tbh. Rank grinding takes 5ish hours if you've got good partners (need 3 people, but the hero can just afk, as long as they periodically check to be sure they haven't been kicked.)

Still haven't started the SP. :facepalm:

Edited by Hemiak

On 2017-6-13 at 6:31 PM, daftprophet said:

Just curious, how long do these online trophies take. Thinking of starting this game. ;)

If you get lucky with getting a boosting session for non XP related trophies then it can take a day. I boosted the XP trophies all in a few hours over the course of a couple days, the boosting method is really efficient. Takes about 2 hours to max a faction out, the annoying one is the overall XP level. The miscellaneous trophies aren't hard to pull off and don't take very long if you have an organised session. Since it's a rare platinum, and the servers could shut down at any time I recommend anyone just get it done. It's one of the easiest and fastest multiplayer trophy sets I've ever done.

In regards to the servers, until we get a confirmation saying that they're definitely P2P and WB have definitely pulled the plug, I say don't assume anything and just get the trophies ASAP. Like I said, they're not that hard and if you get a good group you can get it done in a day. You need 3 minimum for the XP trophies, and 7 (including yourself) at most for the "Predator Paragon" trophy. You can also grab "I Like Those Odds" during the same session, which requires 5 (also including yourself).

EDIT: "Clutch" does not actually require a full server, only that you have a full team on your side which is only 3 people.

EDIT 2: I do not recommend  AFK-ing while playing as a Hero during XP boosting as you can use that time to grind a bit of XP, running to and from each of the targets. As long as you don't get in the way of the two boosting in one of the areas and do what they need you to when they ask it should be fine.

Edited by LeetWolf2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...