EDIT: Servers now back up again (Original shutdown was supposed to be 4th Dec 2016)

PlanetSurvival

2 minutes ago, CL5INT0N2 said:

That's nice to hear, as I think I have this game in the backlog. Believe it was a PS+ freebie a few months ago

Yeah, that's how I got it. I joined in on the mad rush for that one, but decided against Origins since I was participating in a month long event last month. Maybe I'll go for them, at some point, if they don't shut down soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

Yes, they are.

I'm gonna ask a mod to edit the title of this topic to avoid confusing people.

Wow that is insane. It's been almost 6 months since the servers were supposed to go down and they're still up. 

Edited by Azaan60

Just now, Azaan60 said:

Wow that is insane. It's been almost 6 months since the servers were supposed to go down and their still up. 

I'm starting to think that WB cancelled the shutdown or maybe they decided to wait until nobody plays anymore. 

The servers are not dedicated and the matchmaking might be using Sony's PSN servers instead of specific servers run by a company hired by WB.

This is all speculation anyway, we won't know it until it is shutdown.

Call of Juarez BiB & The Cartel are two other games whose servers are supposed to be shutdown but they actually work.

7 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

I'm starting to think that WB cancelled the shutdown or maybe they decided to wait until nobody plays anymore. 

The servers are not dedicated and the matchmaking might be using Sony's PSN servers instead of specific servers run by a company hired by WB.

This is all speculation anyway, we won't know it until it is shutdown.

Call of Juarez BiB & The Cartel are two other games whose servers are supposed to be shutdown but they actually work.

I can't speak for Batman, but both CoJ games run on peer hosted servers- Ubisoft can't shut them down...they can disconnect from their end, but that won't effect playing online.

34 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

Yes, they are.

I'm gonna ask a mod to edit the title of this topic to avoid confusing people.

Well, regardless, I'm glad about having those online trophies done, so I can plat the game whenever I feel like. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since 12pm noon EDT USA the onlien was in Error 3 mode. Which is to say, you cannot connect to any server for online play and cannot even host private matches. This ruined a boosting session, and I am unsure if it is back up or will go back up. 

:( And I found out Batman died while getting everything ready. A rough day all around.

9 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

Since 12pm noon EDT USA the onlien was in Error 3 mode. Which is to say, you cannot connect to any server for online play and cannot even host private matches. This ruined a boosting session, and I am unsure if it is back up or will go back up. 

:( And I found out Batman died while getting everything ready. A rough day all around.

What does Error 3 mode mean? Do you know?

21 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

If the servers have just now shut down then there's nothing to complain about because they shut down 6 months after the date it was announced. Everyone had more than enough time not only since it was announced to close, but also since the date that it was supposed to close. Anyone who wanted to do it in their life should have done it by now. 

I don't see anyone complaining.  Seems to be a PSA is all.  Why so serious?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, angelgrievous said:

I don't see anyone complaining.  Seems to be a PSA is all.  Why so serious?

Whenever things like this happen, there's always people who come and say "Damn, I was planning to do this over summer" when they've had the game on their trophy list for a long time, so I'm just pointing out that there's no reason to complain if you missed out when there were more than enough chances to do it. 

• Like 1

Lol i just plat it today. ^_^

Just looked into it, and error 3 has been a problem for a couple years now. Might be a temporary problem or lead into a future patch where its completely unavailable. Hard to say, if anything gets brought to light, hopefully, it will be shared. 

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

35 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Lol i just plat it today. ^_^

Just looked into it, and error 3 has been a problem for a couple years now. Might be a temporary problem or lead into a future patch where its completely unavailable. Hard to say, if anything gets brought to light, hopefully, it will be shared. 

Based on the fact WB said they would no longer support the game after December 2016 I have to say the chances of a patch at this time is . . .non existent

• Like 1