Let's Platinum... World of Final Fantasy

As I promised, I'd put a thread up on this even though I have way too many of these... but hey, this bears a look! ^_^

banner.png

If you ask a Japanese person what the best recommendations for an RPG in the video gaming circuit are, he'd give you one of three answers: Tales of XXXXX, Dragon Quest or THIS, Final Fantasy. Considered the biggest franchise in the US and second in Japan(Dragon Quest takes the #1 spot there), this series actually was the swan song for Square long before it acquired Enix(which Dragon Quest had come from) - after losing a lot of money on other random titles, Squaresoft Incorporated was about to file for bankruptcy, so they created their 'final' game and named it in despair their 'final fantasy', an RPG about heroes fighting a great evil. Miracles happened(or Nomura and his gang were just prodigious) and the series was a sleeper hit worldwide, and they begged for sequels, but the name stuck forever!

This game is a love letter to the franchise, showing all of its characters in super-deformed glory. Twins, trapped in a world without time, wake up to find that they are the only people living in the town of Nine Wood Hills, and a strange white fox-squirrel called Tama and a strange woman called Enna Kros explain to them that they were capable to controlling Mirages, a strange form of life that exists on the mythical world of Grymoire and they have to travel through that world to find their lost Mirages and their memories, to find out what happened to their parents and why they were put in this strange timeless town.

That's enough for me, you have to play it for yourself! ;)

What is the goal?

To get the Platinum Trophy, True Grymoiran, with the support and advice of others on this thread.

When can I enter? How long do I have to succeed?

Unlike my other threads, there is no deadline; since this game is quite new(it came out on October 25), there is no plans for a sequel as of yet, so you can go at your own pace.

Are there any rules?

None except for three - have fun and enjoy the beautiful homage to all the Final Fantasy games, try not to be a meanie by dissing people(there is a Report button on posts for a reason, folks), and please put any story spoilers in spoiler tags with a warning on what you are spoiling so people won't open them and learn stuff that is later on. ;)

Can I join? I don't have the game yet.

No problem. I have several lists: One for those who don't have the game but plan to get it(if you can afford it, I highly recommend the PS4 version, you can't take it on the go, but if you get both versions, the game does have cross-save and a shared trophy list, so you can keep earning trophies on the go and it'll go to the same trophy list), one for those who are playing the game, and one for those who have gotten the platinum(the Hall of Fame, so to speak). Unlike my Kingdom Hearts thread, if you have gotten the platinum before this thread goes up, I will put you on the last list regardless because this game deserves to have its list of heroes who have explored all of this beautiful (and cute) world of Grymoire! :D

EDIT: I did not mean to start a debate over which version is better. I probably will purchase the Vita version since you can cross-save it between versions if you want to play it on either version. (Also, the Vita is easier for me to play without glasses.) Both versions are pretty good, so please do not spark a flame war over which version is 'correct' or not. :(

EDIT 2: If you aren't on the list but announce that you have gotten the platinum, I'll put you in the "Hall of Fame" regardless. It's not required to be in the "joined" list for this project as I want everyone who boasts about getting the platinum to be honored. This is a very deep and complex game with several annoyances, so yeah, you deserve to be recognized for your platinum! (Behind spoiler tags, but only because the bandwidth would cry if I didn't. :) )

I was planning on using this game for Dragon-Archon's Platinum Rain Day Event...

So am I! I even updated my list for that! Like all my threads, if you are going to put this game on your PRD list, I will gladly put you in the Hall of Fame, but I'll add a note saying that you are holding back on the platinum for now.

Also, those who earn the platinum for this game should join the Final Fantasy Platinum Project because that game is part of the list on that thread. Eh, it's a love letter to Final Fantasy, so it had to be on there! ^_^

The Lists: (Put in Spoiler Tags to reduce the bandwidth)

Those Who Have Yet to Visit Grymoire (AKA Don't have the game yet but plan to get it)

Those Who Have Ventured into Grymoire (AKA Those earning trophies)

True Grymoirans (AKA Those with the Platinum)

Guides:

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 3

I own the game on Vita (the correct platform :awesome:), I'm just not sure when I'm going to play it yet. It will most likely be when a good trophy guide comes out. Since you say there's no deadline though, I'd like to join up. :) I guess just put me in the "Don't have the game yet but plan to get it" list? :P

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

I was originally on the fence about this game by the time it came out, but the more wonderful examples I see of this game's writing, the more I can feel my money gravitating out of my wallet. I'm still holding out on getting it for budget purposes, but I KNOW I'll get it in time for the recently announced Sora DLC. And while I'm not sure whether I'd actually go for the platinum... well, why not at least try! Sooner or later I may very well catch 'em all~

So how about signing me up for Those Who Have Yet to Visit Grymoire?

Edited by CediFonei

I will join, I love this game ♡

I will buy the game for Vita (as Undead Wolf said, the correct platform), so for now I am under Those Who Have Yet to Visit Grymoire.

Sign me up. Have every other FF plat and this will be next!

My copy will arrive tomorrow, please put me on whatever list i qualify in for now ^_^

Sign me up, already a good 6 hours in  :D  :D  :D

I was originally on the fence about this game by the time it came out, but the more wonderful examples I see of this game's writing, the more I can feel my money gravitating out of my wallet. I'm still holding out on getting it for budget purposes, but I KNOW I'll get it in time for the recently announced Sora DLC. And while I'm not sure whether I'd actually go for the platinum... well, why not at least try! Sooner or later I may very well catch 'em all~

So how about signing me up for Those Who Have Yet to Visit Grymoire?

Impulse bought it today. I'll play it alongside P4G

:o Wow, so many joiners! I sort of expected this, tho.  ;)  Don't worry, I'll add every one of you.

I own the game on Vita (the correct platform :awesome:), I'm just not sure when I'm going to play it yet. It will most likely be when a good trophy guide comes out. Since you say there's no deadline though, I'd like to join up. :) I guess just put me in the "Don't have the game yet but plan to get it" list? :P

Don't worry, if you have the game but haven't played it yet, you are still eligible for the main list. The other list is for people who don't have the game yet.

Sign me up. I have the game on the PS4 (the true correct platform). I just hope this event doesn't die like the digimon one did.

If it makes you feel better, I still have my PS4 copy of Digimonstory and will go back to it eventually. ;)