New Site Update Issues

Parker

1 hour ago, IronMask75 said:

I've looked at your profile from my PS4 and that trophy doesn't have a time-stamp. PSN Profiles only scrapes its information from your SEN account. It doesn't, as far as I'm aware, have the permissions to change trophy time-stamps on Sony's servers, so that's how it must have been on your account. Either you didn't notice it before or you're just now trying to attribute blame on this site update.

Did you have that game hidden before the PSNP site overhaul and it has now become unhidden?

Um no I'm not really blaming anyone or pointing fingers. I clearly remember that my first trophy was gta4 and it was during my birthday as stated by my anecdote. It only changed once the site updated that's all I'm saying.

Also I never hide games in general because I have no reason to do so. I don't care about my percentage completion that much . also I was just asking to see if somebody might know something about what happened but if it can't be solved; it doesn't really bother that much.

Edited by poopooblast

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Seriously why the fuck was this update done? The only benefit I have seen so far is the status updates have finally been fixed. . Everything else is either needlessly complicated (way more clicks that are necessary) or just annoying (milestones, broken links, not knowing which status someone is replying to in your notifications, not being able to go to all the quoted messages).

I know I seem to be in the minority but honestly what other benefits does the new update have other than more characters being allowed in the status updates (which should never have been something that was restricted in the past). I mean even with the Statuses we took one step forward and 10 steps back by hiding the status activity away in the top left corner under 2 different menus (more clicks than needed) Even if I want to see someone's full status I have to now click on their name instead of just having a drop down menu (once again you have to leave the page you are on to see what someone wrote in a status and then back out after you are done reading it).

Yeah, I'm also not liking how the status updates can't be viewed in the Forum homepage and how the status updates are mixed with previous posts on someone's profile. 

3 hours ago, Doctor Doom said:

Forum issues (and about me profile page editbox):

1-While creating/editing a post we don't have the ability to convert it to text to see how it is composed (text, tags, links and whatnot)

3-As per point 1 you can't do a lot of things now, like choosing a custom color for text using RGB code.

5-Hitting enter creates an unnecessary space between the previous line and the next line. If I want something like that I'll gladly press enter 2 times.

For #1 do mean the preview feature? If so, then it's the last button on the right. I do agree with #3 and #5.

• Like 1

I've been trying to keep up with the thread and read the fixes, problems, etc. But I'm still not sure if this has been brought up. 

I can't delete someones name after I put the @ sign before it. Once I put in @Sly Ripper I can't delete it. At least on my phone (haven't checked my laptop yet) . This includes using desktop mode on my phone. 

Also when I start a post in mobile view, and go to desktop mode, and click to write something. It's been backed up and restored(which is awesome, didn't know that feature was added). But if I click the clear button to erase it all and start fresh, nothing happens. 

Don't know if it's localized to switching from mobile to desktop mode.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

For #1 do mean the preview feature? If so, then it's the last button on the right. I do agree with #3 and #5.

No. Not the preview of how it will show once posted.

I want to see the bbcode.

[center]aaaaa[/center]

[img=imgurl]

and stuff like that.

I can't see any toggle that will show me that instead of the already formatted version.

• Like 1

i hate being a negative nelly here, but i dont like the site update. maybe because the old one seemed pretty flawless. the fonts look like they are for old ladies and bigger then needed. and it feels a bit odd on my colorblindness in some spots.

this could be because i just liked the other layout so much and was use to it so long and maybe i need to get adjusted to this one i dunno

i dont like how i can barely see the country rank and world rank in my profile. for some reason i love looking at those 2 little stats and the color is blah.

i feel like im in that one super mario level where everything is bigger then it should be haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Just refresh and do it again

Actually I may have found an odd bug. Clicking on my username and selecting "Update Profile", updates it almost instantly just like on the previous design but, by doing in the way that I showed you in the screenshot, it stays on "Validating" indefinately.

Honestly i dont think the site needed a full scale update as it was almost perfect before and a case of if its not broke don't fix it. All it needed was little tweaks such as that monthly activity graph being expanded as it was getting too cluttered. I feel the home page now has too much going on. Some things have been made worse and backwords step like no auto search when you start typing letters for games and guides making it less user friendly. I thought the old layout was extremely user friendly and thats what keeps people on the website.

My initial thought to the update was oooh an update but now ive had a good look. I dont think i like this as much as the old one. Sorry.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, doordie19822015 said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something but on my profile as of now it says i have close to 6,500 unearned trophies but on the oldsite I had close to 8,000 unearned.Im just confused maybe because I didn't read all other posts.

That's because F Rank games don't count anymore for your unearned trophies.

There seems to be a small glitch with guide contributors.

If a contributor of a guide goes into guide setting and changes anything, they will lose their contributor status.

In order for the contributor to regain their contributor status, the guide creator has to re-add them to the contributor list. 

13 hours ago, fisty123 said:

The 1,000 trophy milestone works fine up until 10,000 once you pass that mark it then increases and takes away the milestone for 11,000, 12,000 and so on.
I don't see any issue with how it was setup a milestone for each 1,000 mark and a milestone for plat 50 and 100 marks, this way there is no heaps of milestones early on and then only have to stop. It's the like the site is saying you earn to many trophies so you don't get rewarded.

The more trophies you earn the bigger the gaps come between the milestones and that is the main issue I have if your going to start at 10 then always keep it at 10 no matter if you have 100 trophies or 20,000 trophies. This is why having it at every 1,000 for all trophies and every 50 for the platinum was a better system.

I am not a fan of picking your own milestones but I think we should get to pick between the old and new instead of forcing one over the other.

No to all of the above.

Like I said, that is ONLY fair for the hardcore trophy hunters and the ones who actually have time to earn 50 and 50+ platinums. Aside from your 1st platinum (milestone), the next milestone being 50 is quite obviously huge and a irritating "gap". Platinum milestone every 50 is too much. Not even a quarter of members on this website have even 150. Might as well bring it back to every 25ths. Every 10th makes sense but I could somewhat sympathize with how common it would be. However, 10 is a decently large gap per platinums (literally only 10 slots worth of a patterned platinum milestone series), so I think it's the fairest of them all.... ESPECIALLY GIVEN that system changes after 100th (well 60th in this case), which thus destroys the issues other people have with the 10ths platinums.

There should be a gap, do you have any idea how long the milestone section would be if EVERY SINGLE 10th plat was counted, among the other ones? When you reach a new level, new changes or things happen. In music, it's not the same exact lyrics all throughout the song, despite the beats staying mostly the same, the lyrics change. Gaps create balance. One-hundred is what would be considered Level 2. The system needs to change upon a certain THRESHOLD in order for it not to get long as hell. The true issue relies in the execution of what that was obtained gets changed. Ten/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100 is fine, 100/110/120/130/etc is unnecessary and not essential just because the 2 digit values had that pattern. Its funny how every 50th platinum is considered a better system when half the people on this site don't even have 150 platinums. Yet, that's somehow a better system? Again, I won't get into the 1000th trophies, my concern are the platinum milestones.

Then you have a split trophy milestone community, instead of a consistent one. This is a core feature of the website, not a layout or graphics change, so it's not a good decision. One needs to stay in-tact, not having two interchangeably. There would be no identity, people then have some limited freedom with customization, and there would be no consistency since there separate types of systems would exist. The proper change would be to create the single best version of the milestone system, whether it has to be entirely new or combine certain aspects of the last one to make a better one.

Just now, doordie19822015 said:

I did too but now I just sign out of forum not from trophy part though.That way its like your still active I think

I wouldn't care too much, but as soon as I flip over to the trophies, the ads kick in, since I'm no longer signed in.

2 minutes ago, Mar said:

No to all of the above.

Like I said, that is ONLY fair for the hardcore trophy hunters and the ones who actually have time to earn 50 and 50+ platinums. Aside from your 1st platinum (milestone), the next milestone being 50 is quite obviously huge and a irritating "gap". Platinum milestone every 50 is too much. Not even a quarter of members on this website have even 150. Might as well bring it back to every 25ths. Every 10th makes sense but I could somewhat sympathize with how common it would be. However, 10 is a decently large gap per platinums (literally only 10 slots worth of a patterned platinum milestone series), so I think it's the fairest of them all.... ESPECIALLY GIVEN that system changes after 100th (well 60th in this case), which thus destroys the issues other people have with the 10ths platinums.

There should be a gap, do you have any idea how long the milestone section would be if EVERY SINGLE 10th plat was counted, among the other ones? When you reach a new level, new changes or things happen. In music, it's not the same exact lyrics all throughout the song, despite the beats staying mostly the same, the lyrics change. Gaps create balance. One-hundred is what would be considered Level 2. The system needs to change upon a certain THRESHOLD in order for it not to get long as hell. The true issue relies in the execution of what that was obtained gets changed. Ten/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100 is fine, 100/110/120/130/etc is unnecessary and not essential just because the 2 digit values had that pattern. Its funny how every 50th platinum is considered a better system when half the people on this site don't even have 150 platinums. Yet, that's somehow a better system? Again, I won't get into the 1000th trophies, my concern are the platinum milestones.

Then you have a split trophy milestone community, instead of a consistent one. This is a core feature of the website, not a layout or graphics change, so it's not a good decision. One needs to stay in-tact, not having two interchangeably. There would be no identity, people then have some limited freedom with customization, and there would be no consistency since there separate types of systems would exist. The proper change would be to create the single best version of the milestone system, whether it has to be entirely new or combine certain aspects of the last one to make a better one.

Why not split the difference? Have a summary milestone on your profile page, and then with a click, go to a more full milestone page?

I have to say after playing around with the new site, I like it.

The only thing I would change is the order of the tabs on the front page.

I think guides and gaming sessions should be on top with forum posts, while new trophies and DLC lists should be on the bottom with popular games.

Mainly because the lists and popular games don't change as much as the other three.