Free PSPlus Games for January

Sora9427

So let me get this straight..

The PS4 will be 4 years old in 2017 and we are paying an additional 10 bucks a month for PS+..

shouldn't that result in better games, not worse? I would get it if December was this really amazing month because of Christmas and all.. and a new year means going low again but.. December was just as terrible. 

• Like 1

Day or Tentacle...first game I will play from this list.  Enjoyed Broken Age and Grim Fandango..

This War of mine....has a plat...and looks interesting. Will take a look one day.

Blazerush....don't care so much.

The Swindle....a Curve game...will play for a bit.

Azkend 2....will try. 

Titan Souls...happy with this one. Will try and plat it...but I doubt I would get it like Rogue Legacy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I like this list and I'm surprised that someone other than @urushiro linked the game lists. It's pretty useful.

I was sleeping. I thought it was going to be announced tomorrow or I would have stayed up a little later :P

OT: I knew Titan Souls, Day of the Tentacle, and The Swindle would eventually come to PS Plus and now they have, I've never heard of the other three, but it's a decent month for me.

• Like 1

Five out of six games of those listed games are digital only, and there will be some people out there who will dislike there being less AAA games on this IGC list and there being more Indie/Digital Only for it (i can understand why most people would like AAA titles from the monthly IGC lists).

I guessed right about Day of the Tentacle ever being apart of a PS Plus lineup some day as other Lucas Arts/Double Fine games such as Grim Fandango (Jan 16) and Broken Age (Oct 15) have been apart of a lineup in the past (it took Grim Fandango a year to be in a lineup and the same happened to Day of the Tentacle coincidently).

Well, i gotta say that January is a WAY better month than December (when it comes to which month has which free games).

5 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

I just read this on another forum and I thought it was funny :)

"

Hi it Is Me, Entitled Gamer.

It’s time for me to write in and say that as an entitled gamer like 90% of the people who post in this forum, I deserve nothing less than AAA titles every month. I do not understand the principles of economics, I just know that I deserve only top rated games. I pay 60 dollars a year which means I should have 60 dollar games every month that just came out within the last two months. When that doesn’t happen, I will take to reddit and every other forum that will listen to me prattle on and complain about how the selection is weak and I don’t know what I am paying for and threaten to quit.

The thing is, I will never quit because I need my PSN connection as the only way to communicate to the outside world in the form of yelling swear words, racial epithets, and insults about peoples family members while I play online games.

Yours In Entitlement,

Entitled Gamer.

P.S. I don’t know if I was clear enough, but I deserve only 60$ titles every month for my 60$/year subscription.

"

OT, I am really keen on trying both "Titan Souls" and "This War of Mine: The Little Ones" as I've heard pretty good things about them.

I can't upvote this post enough. It just made made my day xD.

Every time I comment on one of these Plus threads I seem to bang the same drum...it's £3-5 a month.   Forget what you think you should be getting every month and try and see the the value.   We were spoiled rotten with Plus at the tail end of the PS3 era, just be thankful that happened at all, but it couldn't persist forever.   I've had my eye on This War, Tentacle, Souls & Swindle for some time, doubt very much I could've bought all of these in a sale for £5, never mind the extra two games.

I'd like to see a little more AAA titles too, and there's many that could easily be Plus games imo, Alien Isolation would be a great Plus game, the Wolfenstein games, Murdered Soul Suspect...aside the more obvious ones like Knack, maybe inFamous, Killzone...maybe even TLoU at some point, but let's not pretend there's no value, regardless of personal taste.

I do appreciate how some feel though, indies aren't their thing, all I could really say is give them a chance, there's been a lot of very good, even great, indie experiences that have joined Plus.   If I felt the service was really that bad I'd make my voice heard too, but I genuinely can't find much complaint, in either quality of games or value.   I'm not saying the Plus team don't ever get it wrong, and there's always been better months than others, but if I were to have a real (imo) gripe it'd be the Plus announcing games that are currently, or very recently, on sale.  I don't think that's right, and as I've mentioned before, Fred or Chris stated on the EU blog that wouldn't happen, yet it has and does...< that's my only real gripe tbh.

I'm pleased the Plus is making good use of the cross-buy feature too, I've 5, if Akzend is indeed available on PS4 (I know the PC store states so), games to play on PS4, 4 on Vita and 2 options for PS3...for £5 a month?   Come on...   The Plus can always improve, and I know we're all backed into a corner with online play, but ultimately it's still pretty good value, even for those that don't like the games at least consider that.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RedMustang72 said:

I'm pleased the Plus is making good use of the cross-buy feature too, I've 5, if Akzend is indeed available on PS4 (I know the PC store states so), games to play on PS4, 4 on Vita and 2 options for PS3...for £5 a month?   Come on...   The Plus can always improve, and I know we're all backed into a corner with online play, but ultimately it's still pretty good value, even for those that don't like the games at least consider that.

Even the PS store states it is a cross buy. So that's 5 games on PS4 out of 6, which is really great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diskdocx said:

BlazeRush is a very good game, and quite under rated. If people plan to get it though, I would suggest reading through this post.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/blazerush/251470-problem-joining-online-matches-good-evening-trophy.html

There is a definite problem with the online matchmaking, and I believe the only solution is to have the host directly connect to their internet modem - you can't use wifi or a router or it puts you behind a firewall and blocks the connection.

lars, I did PM you back on .org, so let me know a time that works and we can knock it out.

Looks like I ain't getting Blazerush then because I heavily use WiFi, and I don't want to bother of figuring out how to make a erred connection sadly. This is why online gaming sucks