Injustice 2 rant

Stargazer2600

So Injustice 2 was something i was looking forward to. Ever since it was announced i followed it as closely as i could. I watched all the game play videos and even listened to rumors. When i finally seen that it could be pre-ordered now...now my interest has kinda died. The Injustice roster has 28 characters and 9 ARE DLC UPON RELEASE!!! This obviously means there is day 1 DLC and I know i'm not alone when i say that i despise day 1 DLC. When MKX came out, fans hated that you had to pre-order to get goro since goro was ON THE DISC. Fans were very vocal about how much they hated this, well, i guess NR doesnt care cause it appears they are doing the same with Darksied. I mean, i just cant think of any reasons to drop $100 for the ultimate edition and the $70 wouldn't really be worth it since its only 3 characters. I checked Amazon and the only thing physical wise the Ultimate edition gets that the others dont is it's in a steel book.

Idk, I'm seriously thinking of doing what i did with MKX and thats waiting another year to get the Ultimate edition at a discount, Hell maybe even pick it up at gamestop used for free sooner than that. thoughts?

16142538_10211247251044400_7368463185253652271_n.jpg

Edited by Stargazer2600
  • Like 1

There goes Ed Boon at it again, that rascal. I would probably just wait until the Ultimate Edition comes out because chances are the netcode is going to be bad like MKX started out until they made MKXL. But if you want to chance it, you could just wait until you see what the reviews/people you trust say about it and then get it used. But I personally would wait until the Ultimate Edition comes out because by then they will hopefully balance the characters out and depending on how bad it is, fix the netcode.

Wait, Darkseid is going to be a pre-order? That sucks... cause he is one I'm looking forward to playing as, but not even sure if I want to pre-order it.  I'm usually not one to pre-order games often, every so often I will, depending on money and all that.  I mean, I'd like to get this eventually, but if the case with the DLC is that, then I may just said for an Ultimate Edition of the game instead.

Edit: Just also saw that Jon Stewart is in said Ultimate Edition... which is stupid.  Unless they're releasing all this DLC later on on its own, then I'm for sure, waiting for the Ultimate Edition to come out.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Wait, Darkseid is going to be a pre-order? That sucks... cause he is one I'm looking forward to playing as, but not even sure if I want to pre-order it.  I'm usually not one to pre-order games often, every so often I will, depending on money and all that.  I mean, I'd like to get this eventually, but if the case with the DLC is that, then I may just said for an Ultimate Edition of the game instead.

Edit: Just also saw that Jon Stewart is in said Ultimate Edition... which is stupid.  Unless they're releasing all this DLC later on on its own, then I'm for sure, waiting for the Ultimate Edition to come out.

NR has always released a later edition that has everything. they did it with MK9, Injustice, MKX. it may take a year but in the end its worth it. cause if you don't preorder the 10/28 characters are locked to you and you still pay $60...

45 minutes ago, ChastityFail said:

$100 to play as a reskined flash ....

Why couldn't they just make the reverse flash a character? He could be way more brutal with his speed.

Reverse flash? Like...Backwardo? 

10 points to anybody who knows where Backwardo is from.

Yea, day 1 dlc is blasphemy. I'm not sure how these dildos haven't seen this model not blow up in dev's faces before. Yet, they keep on keepin on. You do you NR.

Are the 9 DLC characters day 1? I just assumed it was a season pass bundle... Darkseid being a pre order bonus is a little annoying but I'm used to games having bonuses like that by now, it's been going on with every company for years.

Hopefully they sell him later though, I'm not interested in pre ordering but I really want him lol.

They only do it because it works. If people didn't pay for this horrid business model, they would be forced to rethink their strategy. In the case of NetherRealms I always wait for the complete edition and never regretted it. While the majority of consumers continue to support this model, they will keep on doing it.

The fans you say that hate this model are a minority if you look at the bigger picture. You'd be amazed at how people throw money around without thinking when it comes to videogames or any kind of entertainment.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

I was going to get this day one, but I suck at fighter games, I've said this about Mortal Kombat and the last Injustice game, this time I will actually get the game! Just a year later, the Ultimate edition, and when it drops in price.

100 quid for the game plus 9 DLC fighters, which could easily be given to everyone day one? Nah you're alright. I can wait and give you little to nothing for the whole thing :wave:

At least a year later most of it's inevitable problems should be patched, most of them at least.

Edited by Slipknot_rooney
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Are the 9 DLC characters day 1? I just assumed it was a season pass bundle... Darkseid being a pre order bonus is a little annoying but I'm used to games having bonuses like that by now, it's been going on with every company for years.

Hopefully they sell him later though, I'm not interested in pre ordering but I really want him lol.

from what i understand, yes they are day 1 However i cant without a doubt 100% confirm this. Angry Joe is putting out a video tuesday when he can legally talk about the game since he got a copy to review so i will know then.

The only DLC character from the Ultimate Edition that I really want is the Reverse Flash, couldn't really care less about John Stewart....that Power Girl though. There's also rumors that the some of the DLC characters are going to be Mr Freeze, Cheetah and Swamp Thing. Why they didn't put Red Hood in is beyond me.

Edited by Gladiator995

3 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

from what i understand, yes

I wasn't convinced that NRS could be so stupid as to have 10 DLC locked characters so I looked at EB Games' offering (being my local store).

According to it, the characters are truly DLC, meaning you unlock them as they become available. The way I see it, they are simply locking in what would have been two characters packs (more or less). To be fair, this is how I interpreted it from the moment I read 9 DLC characters, especially when Darkseid seems to be advertised separately from that phrase.

I believe Ed Boon did discuss at one point that they would like to walk away from Complete Editions if at all possible and this idea, whether it works or not, might be an attempt at it.

If that's the logic, it evens out roughly. I checked the PS Store just now to see if Ultimate Edition is a rip off in terms of what it is offering at a full price point. Basically, this comparison ignores discounts and is also Aussie dollars.

The previous game, MKX at launch would've been something like $89.95 - $99.95, being new and AAA. It won't say that anymore because it's obviously discounted but that's what I imagine it was at. Even though Kombat Pack XL exists, it's only about $8 cheaper than buying the two Kombat Packs separately. In total, it isn't too far from being the same price to Ultimate Edition.

Assuming that MKX had the same Ultimate Edition at its launch providing the same things, it would be roughly at the same $140 AUD mark that Injustice 2 is doing.

All of this is to entice people to buy the game at launch, and it definitely isn't the worst example if I'm being honest. What I like more than anything is that extra dosh is going straight to the DLC characters as they come out, as opposed to statues and shit.

tl;dr - 9 DLC Characters aren't disc locked and Australia gets shafted like always.

23 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

I wasn't convinced that NRS could be so stupid as to have 10 DLC locked characters so I looked at EB Games' offering (being my local store).

According to it, the characters are truly DLC, meaning you unlock them as they become available. The way I see it, they are simply locking in what would have been two characters packs (more or less). To be fair, this is how I interpreted it from the moment I read 9 DLC characters, especially when Darkseid seems to be advertised separately from that phrase.

I believe Ed Boon did discuss at one point that they would like to walk away from Complete Editions if at all possible and this idea, whether it works or not, might be an attempt at it.

If that's the logic, it evens out roughly. I checked the PS Store just now to see if Ultimate Edition is a rip off in terms of what it is offering at a full price point. Basically, this comparison ignores discounts and is also Aussie dollars.

The previous game, MKX at launch would've been something like $89.95 - $99.95, being new and AAA. It won't say that anymore because it's obviously discounted but that's what I imagine it was at. Even though Kombat Pack XL exists, it's only about $8 cheaper than buying the two Kombat Packs separately. In total, it isn't too far from being the same price to Ultimate Edition.

Assuming that MKX had the same Ultimate Edition at its launch providing the same things, it would be roughly at the same $140 AUD mark that Injustice 2 is doing.

All of this is to entice people to buy the game at launch, and it definitely isn't the worst example if I'm being honest. What I like more than anything is that extra dosh is going straight to the DLC characters as they come out, as opposed to statues and shit.

tl;dr - 9 DLC Characters aren't disc locked and Australia gets shafted like always.

Well either EB is wrong or gamestop is wrong cause the day i posted this, i called my local gamestop to ask about this (and also to see if the ultimate came with anything big, (it doesnt) and gamestop told me that it would all be on the disc as i said above.

Edited by Stargazer2600

The DLC characters will not be day one … Will be like any other fighting game down the road a few will pop up! Plus if you read on site!! It will tell you!!!

The DLC characters will not be day one … Will be like any other fighting game down the road a few will pop up! Plus if you read on site!! It will tell you!!!

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 4.19.43 PM.png

Edited by Titanomachy_75
  • Like 1