The Game You Have Spend The Most Hours Playing

Porchema

Dark Souls 2 800 in total, multiplayer with lone survival. If merge with Dark Souls 1, 3 and Bloodborne - more than 1500, where 400 in 1, 250 in 3 and I don't remember Bloodborne, just waiting for another good time to get through... probably 300.

GTA Online - if count without PS3, then 40d 10h 37m 40s.

On third place all Silent Hill series with countless hours.

Hmmm.  I'd probably have to  go with SMB3 or Zelda, since NES was my only system for about 5+ years and I had few games. Parasite Eve consumed massive amount of time, replaying and replaying.  MGS 2 would be high on the list, having played it a ton on ps2 and getting the plat on ps3 (and having to restart the VR missions after ~85% complete because I wasn't getting the trophies).

Dang

2 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

If I could mention the Warriors Series. That's about 15 years of playtime along with Pokemon being about 19 years.

Dang if I could say a series, it would definitely be the same two answers, DW and SW on the playstation and pokemon on the nintendo handheld took up alot of my childhood.

But as for a single game....shesh I dont know, maybe skyrim, dynasty warriors 5, or last of us.  

Not one to stick around on a game for too long. Measurably, sometime today I will hit 400 hours on Overwatch. I'm pretty sure Killer Instinct is pretty close to the 100 hour mark. WWF No Mercy, Final Fantasy 7 and Streets of rage 2 are all easily in the 300 - 500 hour mark. 

If I can count a series, the NHL games would be mine.  Since it goes back to like NHL 09/10 when I really started getting into them... it spans console generations.  Has to be hundreds, if not thousands of hours, but impossible to track really.

Otherwise, I play primarily single player games... and typically not longer ones... so the highest would probably be Skyrim at 300-400 hours between the PS3/Xbox 360/PC.

7 hours ago, The High Ground said:

Dang

Dang if I could say a series, it would definitely be the same two answers, DW and SW on the playstation and pokemon on the nintendo handheld took up alot of my childhood.

But as for a single game....shesh I dont know, maybe skyrim, dynasty warriors 5, or last of us.  

Lmao me too. For one game in the series. Possibly

Dynasty Warriors 4

Samurai Warriors 2

Pokemon Yellow or Pearl? I am not sure xD

• 1 month later...

I have somewhere in between 800-1000 hours on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Most of that time was spent in private match doing SnD Sniping. I also played a lot of Infected online. Haven't found a game I loved as much as that one since but I'm getting quite into Rainbow Six Siege and it's the game I've put the most time into on PS4 with about 125 hours so far.

I have no doubt that the amount of times I've played FFVIII has made it accumulate to the most amount of time spent on a single game. 

Destiny1 being #2.... Maybe... There's also FFVII & FFIX.... And Legend of Dragoon.... And Legend of Legaia..... FFXIV... And... Oh hell I don't know... 

Series like Mario,Sonic and Pokémon I have stopped playing since a child.

i have around 1200 hours on Phantasy Star Online.I believe I’m overwatch 1500 hours on overwatch and I probably have 2000+ in the smash series. Been in the competitive scene for almost 10 years now, something I usually fiend.

• 1 month later...

Spent countless hours playing online with Halo 3, Lost Planet / Lost Planet Colonies, and Call of Duty: World at War every single night for the better part of ~two years. IIRC, my W@W leaderboard measured my time in days spent in Search & Destroy alone, and it was the least played of the three!

For single player, my dozens of playthroughs of Chrono Trigger, both with and without new game plus, should be at least 400 hours by now. Spelunky too, with between five and forty minutes spent almost every day since the PlayStation version added daily challenges over four years ago. Not to mention the time spent with the XBLA version, pre-dailies PS3 version, and the freeware classic version, it’s probably around 300 hours at the minimum.

The only single-player games that come close from a continuous playthrough would probably be Animal Crossing for GameCube (unknown hours, but played at least once a day for like two or three years without starting over) and Skyrim on PS3 which I believe I maxed out around 180 hours with just vanilla plus Dawnguard.

Rock Band 2 is somewhere in the mix, too. Just incalculable.

Edited by Zondares

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I'm not sure. I think maybe Naruto Ninja storm 3? I did a lot of online battles 

Edit: On second thought, probably Transformice, been playing this game since 2011 non stop with my friends. 

Edited by Kurofur

World of Warcraft + Overwatch + Diablo series

Bloodborne, Demon's Souls + Dark Souls 1 2 3

Uncharted 2 + The Last of Us

Morrowind + Skyrim + Fallout series

Blizzard, FromSoftware, Naughty Dog, and Bethesda games, most hours spent.

Edited by Super Sand Virginia

Do not know how many hours but has to be well over 1000 was Syphon Filter the Omega Strain.  Playing the same 9 missions over and over, sometimes speed running them, other times with nothing but a knife, or just lazily playing the missions and talking to all the good people I met on there.  Had a crappy job back then too with low pay so was a good way to have fun at little expense.