View on Amazon tag

17 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

Good one!

I tried it and it redirected me to my country's amazon website, it works.

As long as you get extra money to maintain the website, this is great

I know sites like IGN get paid if you buy a game using their posted link so in theory I am sure PSNP would also.

2 hours ago, skateak said:

I know sites like IGN get paid if you buy a game using their posted link so in theory I am sure PSNP would also.

I think he will, i've had this in class. I think you could even make your own website, put links on it that direct you to other webshops, then you are a affiliate i believe, and you could get a discount by buying through that link that you made yourself. At least, thats what my teacher said

1 hour ago, jaehyun1009 said:

It's also there on some other big games, few of them being GTA V, Final Fantasy XV, and Minecraft.

Looking at the backend, it looks like Sly has to plug it in manually, so I imagine he's probably doing recent popular games :P 

I agree with everyone that it is non-invasive and will probably be of benefit to the site, so it should stay.

However, if rolled out more extensively, is there a way to remove it from games a user already owns? It's kind of a bit pointless to tell people who own a game where they can buy it.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2017 at 9:11 AM, DARKB1KE said:

Make the bookmark yourself. 

If I could downvote your comment I would. I was providing constructive feedback and for all I know there may be a way to get revenue from clicks to the PS Store too. It's just an idea, I certainly wouldn't use it myself anyway but others might.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dell9300 said:

If I could downvote your comment I would. I was providing constructive feedback and for all I know there may be a way to get revenue from clicks to the PS Store too. It's just an idea, I certainly wouldn't use it myself anyway but others might.

Sony doesn't allow that. 

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

just wanted to say that psprices.com is an awesome site, i use it all the time.

mainly because i find it easier to look at and it is much faster than the PSN store (at least in my case, may depend on internet connection etc. ofc) ;)

that being said i don't think sony actually "allowed" it or anything. afaik psprices just grabs the prices of the official psn storefront, similar to a webcrawler like google and so on.

17 minutes ago, dernop said:

that being said i don't think sony actually "allowed" it or anything. afaik psprices just grabs the prices of the official psn storefront, similar to a webcrawler like google and so on.

I don't think that there's really that much crawling logic behind PSPrices. Overall Sony already provides all the necessary info via their webstore and they don't take any precautions to hide the API-calls they do. One random example to get the data:

Click on any game or item to get it's detailed site, e.g. Steep:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=EP0001-CUSA05526_00-STEEPGAMEEEFIGS1

(I altered the URL so it will load for any EU-store at least and not only Germany).

After that, click on the image and copy the URL, which should look like this:

https://store.playstation.com/store/api/chihiro/00_09_000/container/DE/de/19/EP0001-CUSA05526_00-STEEPGAMEEEFIGS1/1489135280000/image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihiro&w=225&h=225&bg_color=000000&opacity=100

Important part is the language and country-part below the /container/-directory which will now redirect me to the german store information.

After that, remove everything starting from /image and you get this:

https://store.playstation.com/store/api/chihiro/00_09_000/container/DE/de/19/EP0001-CUSA05526_00-STEEPGAMEEEFIGS1/1489135280000

Everything as a nicely parseable JSON. The only work you now have to do is to find out the URL-scheme to get the info for all other regions. ^_^