Star Ocean Till the End of Time trophy discussion

wow, did'nt even knew there was coming a remake of this game.

great news! since this is my second favorite game of all time, only to be beat by final fantasy XII (which also gets a remake)

would have liked too see a 100% BT trophy but i am still very happy to see they remake this game

Looks like its a very time consuming platinum but should be easier than SO The Last Hope without requiring to get 100% battle trophies as others have already pointed out. I remember playing this back on the PS2 and took me around 200 hours to beat the game. Back then I didn't know much about game guides so probably played most of the game without it but never managed to beat the Ethereal Queen. I might be playing SO The Last Hope first in the near future but overall it will be a very long game journey to get all the trophies.   

Edited by fantrig99

Looks to be a long one. Freya means 100% all content in the game. Universe and 4D difficulty modes requires 25% and 65% of the battle trophies respectively. I wonder if you beat 4D it stacks with Universe? Probably not. So a minimum three playthroughs? Assuming you'd have to beat the game on Earth difficulty to get 65% battle trophies. I'm glad they don't require 100% battle trophies, and anyway 80% battle trophies unlocks everything the game has to offer. Very impressed with the trophy list overall, it will be a fun one!

6 hours ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

wow, did'nt even knew there was coming a remake of this game.

great news! since this is my second favorite game of all time, only to be beat by final fantasy XII (which also gets a remake)

would have liked too see a 100% BT trophy but i am still very happy to see they remake this game

not a remake, a ps2 on ps4 port.

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Actually, me too.

Guess SE is actually giving us something we want for a change =D

too bad it wasn't SO2

Man, even 80% of BTs on this game is going to be super difficult and time consuming. I've read the battle trophy guide and they look much more ridiculous than SO4 and SO5. Gotta beat just about every boss with no damage taken and within a time limit.

Be happy they didn't put 100% BTs since 50,000 battles is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Aww. I wanted them to add a 100% BT trophy. Trophy lists are so soft these days, you don't really see hard games asking for 100% completion anymore.

80% of the BTs and beating the game in 4D is by no means a walk in the park but 100% BTs would just be a thing of beauty. SO3's BT list makes SO4 look like Fisher Price's My First RPG. You'd see that platinum in someone's profile and think "now THIS guy doesn't fuck around!".

• Like 2

hells yes, saving till the end of time (grind) for a milestone :)

Never played this one, 80% BT's well that's pretty sweet, they must be tough if they knocked off the other 20% xD

15 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Man, even 80% of BTs on this game is going to be super difficult and time consuming. I've read the battle trophy guide and they look much more ridiculous than SO4 and SO5. Gotta beat just about every boss with no damage taken and within a time limit.

Be happy they didn't put 100% BTs since 50,000 battles is ridiculous.

oh shit no damage and a time limit, dafuq dat is some shit right there :/

time to look into these BT's *puts on glasses*

Edited by Galactic Balls

4 hours ago, Galactic Balls said:

oh shit no damage and a time limit, dafuq dat is some shit right there :/

time to look into these BT's *puts on glasses*

"No damage" BTs are actually some of the easiest. The only damage that counts is the one dealt to your active character. Just sit in a corner and wait for the AI to finish the boss.

Edited by TooruPT
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 1:56 AM, Z1MZUM said:

Not until the Burnout and SMT games are done, Also I can't believe that "robot alchemic drive" hasn't been on the list.

This is what I'm waiting for. I don't care if it's Nocturne or DDS (I would love all 3 but I'll take what we can get) but that'll be a 0-100% for me. DDS 1/2 might be one of my all time favorites.

• 1 month later...

What's to stop the original Dragon from creating an Epic Quest thread for this game? xD Sorry, I just don't think Star Ocean of any name will be on my trophy cabinet - while I do plan on tackling Critical Mode in all of the Kingdom Hearts games, 4D difficulty on Star Ocean makes Critical Mode in Kingdom Hearts a joke. :P