Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

24 minutes ago, Asim_25 said:

As far as I know, all 3 DLC can be obtained by purchasing the physical GRID Ultimate Edition, which includes a code for 3 seasons 81w5FoDAYkL.jpg

Hmmm that's good but if it's a code and not on disc, that code will expire in some years. Plus, you have to find a sealed copy so it will likely be expensive.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Hmmm that's good but if it's a code and not on disc, that code will expire in some years. Plus, you have to find a sealed copy so it will likely be expensive.

Good shout! A quick search showed that someone mentioned DLCs are indeed just codes; I could only find a sealed copy of the Ultimate Edition on Amazon and it goes for over $100. Might snatch those DLCs digitally now and find a base game disc for cheap later.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Good shout! A quick search showed that someone mentioned DLCs are indeed just codes; I could only find a sealed copy of the Ultimate Edition on Amazon and it goes for over $100. Might snatch those DLCs digitally now and find a base game disc for cheap later.

Over 100 is crazy, and that's before DLCs delisting, making them more sought after. 

40 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

"Snatch those DLCs digitally now and find a base game disc for cheap later."

This is definitely the move here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydoki said:

Might snatch those DLCs digitally now and find a base game disc for cheap later.

This^

All 3 seasons for Grid have only ever been on sale once each and that was before the price drop. They're all currently the cheapest they've ever been, and also never been on sale since the price drop in Nov 2020. Won't be able to ever get them cheaper than now. They're $7.55aud each for me.

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 3

Some recent news updates that may affect games.

To start with Wayfinder has not only disabled Cross Saves as they prepare to transfer things. (Crossplay and players who have linked accounts previously can still play.) But they have also paused their current seasons. As they hunt for a new publisher and rebuild their roadmap. (This news doesn't sound well for their future if no new pub is secured.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://massivelyop.com/2023/11/16/interview-wayfinder-pauses-seasons-as-it-hunts-for-a-publisher-and-rebuilds-roadmap/&ved=2ahUKEwiBlLK2xMqCAxUdODQIHet0CdEQFnoECA0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1As-MbzgLQxJVCujlCwx2T

In more updates of sweeping layoffs. Digital Bros. Who owns massive publisher 505 games has recently announced a sweeping 30% layoffs will happen under its umbrella. There is no word on fr this will reach or who it will affect but they mentioned a refocusing to mostly working on known successful IPS or franchises from their studios in the future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23962772/kongregate-505-games-digital-bros-layoffs-2023

Lastly another set of layoffs is coming but this time by Humble Bundle's own Humble Games.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/slay-the-spire-signalis-and-unpacking-publishers-humble-are-the-next-video-game-makers-to-suffer-layoffs

No IPS are at risk currently due to these layoffs, but as always best to keep an eye out of there's any games you want. Especially since both these companies act as pubs for indie devs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Okay thanks I hope they do, are their games at risk of delisting?.

I assume they won't be delisted, as while they are not activity developing anymore, i would assume this "Maintenance mode" would keep their games on the storefront. Probably a good idea to buy them just in case though

• Like 3

On 11/11/2023 at 12:00 PM, Asim_25 said:

I contacted PlayStation Support regarding the delisting of many PlayLink games from the PlayStation Store. Their answer was translated by me into English so that everyone could understand everything. 

Let me remind you that on November 3, 2023 users of this topic noticed that many PlayLink games were removed from the PS Store: 

• Knowledge is Power (SIE / Wish Studios)

• Knowledge is Power: Decades (SIE / Wish Studios)

• That's You! (SIE / Wish Studios)

• Hidden Agenda (SIE / Supermassive Games)

• Chimparty (SIE / NapNok Games)

• Frantics (SIE / NapNok Games)

• Just Deal With It (Super Punk Games)

Unfortunately, from this letter we received only confirmation of the fact that these games were delisted. This means that this was not a bug, and Sony deliberately removed these games from sale. I really hope they come back on sale soon. Or at least Sony won't shut down the servers of these games as suddenly as they removed them from sale.

Thanks for that! I'm still bummed I didn't get to try some of the other games. I did play quite a few though.

• Like 4

I don't know if this had already been mentionned there, but WWE 2K22 platinums on PS4 and PS5 are unattainable before the server closure, as daily challenges and daily rewards for connection disappeared since early october. Even with autopop, those 3 trophies can't be done: Champion for a Day, Daily progress, Loyalty Confirmed. I started PS5 version recently, autopopped what was available, was able to unlock Daily Progress and Champion for a Day as I had 3 challenges available, but didn't had any daily connection bonuses.

I contacted the support who told me it will stay like this at the moment... Bad move from 2K, blocking platinum for 3 trophies like these ones, even before the shutdown.

If you didn't earn those trophies before, might be impossible to unlock Journey of a Lifetime too, as it requires some daily challenges.

• Like 4

Motorsport Games has sold their NASCAR console license to iRacing, in a letter to their employees it states the deal will allow them to retain their back catalogue until the end of 2024

This would affect NASCAR Heat 3 / NASCAR Heat 4 / NASCAR Heat 5 / NASCAR 21:Ignition (PS4) / NASCAR 21: Ignition (PS5).

side note: NASCAR Heat 3 and NASCAR 21: Ignition (on both consoles) have unobtainable trophies.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, swift500 said:

Motorsport Games has sold their NASCAR console license to iRacing, in a letter to their employees it states the deal will allow them to retain their back catalogue until the end of 2024

This would affect NASCAR Heat 3 / NASCAR Heat 4 / NASCAR Heat 5 / NASCAR 21:Ignition (PS4) / NASCAR 21: Ignition (PS5).

side note: NASCAR Heat 3 and NASCAR 21: Ignition (on both consoles) have unobtainable trophies.

Fat chance they're fixing NASCAR 21, then. 4 and 5 are still fine, and 5 is on Extra.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, swift500 said:

What are the unobtainable trophies in NASCAR 21 ignition? 

38 minutes ago, ABE_915 said:

I'd hit the online sooner than later for NASCAR Heat 4 & 5 if you haven't, the trophies are quick and easy to get. All you need is 10 wins for both games online.

in nascar heat 5  (and maybe 4) you dont even need to do the online races you can cheese them super easily

Edited by SpaceIsDandy