[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey cerafinn :). Thanks for the update, it looks like you've been busy with the VN's this month then :P! I've updated you and taken a skip from you as well. Sorry about your 100% stat, are you sure it's 48 as when I went through your profile, I counted 7 games that have the green tick next to it which is what the stat is for. 

Just went back and recounted all the green ticks—I counted out 46 on my end. So I was off by 2. I limited my profile to only 100% to count them out. Maybe check that way?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cerafinn said:

Just went back and recounted all the green ticks—I counted out 46 on my end. So I was off by 2. I limited my profile to only 100% to count them out. Maybe check that way?

Ah right, I did do that but it's just probably my adding up, I'm a bit rusty haha :facepalm:? I've changed it anyway and I'm sorry for putting the wrong number down. :) 

1 minute ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I forgot to mention...I would like to use a skip for March, and thus I won't participate in the poll to choose what others will do if I am not doing it.

That's no problem, just make sure you remind me as I'm very likely to forget :hmm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

His brother actually plays a role in the story. doesn't have to be a women, just a loved one

It can be anyone actually. The game just needs to have any sort of revenge/avanging in it.

The title of the theme doesn't matter. Just look at the decription of the theme.

5 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey eigen-space, thanks for the update! :) Any plans on what your going to play for February?

I actually got the platinum for Danganronpa 1-2 Reload last night (2/1), which I believe fits both the minor requirement and the hardcore requirement. Putting to death the killers by way of the class trials felt like an avenging element to me. At minimum, there's a rather big plot point in Danganronpa 2 Chapter 2 where several characters are getting revenge. Getting the plat for this game was also part of 2 other events--  Winter 2017/2018 Backlog Challenge and Project Platinum: Desperate Platinums.
I'm also planning to platinum FFXII (at minimum complete the story), which has revenge as one of the major themes (Ashe's internal struggle of if she's fighting/using her power for revenge or for the future of her people).

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I actually got the platinum for Danganronpa 1-2 Reload last night (2/1), which I believe fits both the minor requirement and the hardcore requirement. Putting to death the killers by way of the class trials felt like an avenging element to me. At minimum, there's a rather big plot point in Danganronpa 2 Chapter 2 where several characters are getting revenge. Getting the plat for this game was also part of 2 other events--  Winter 2017/2018 Backlog Challenge and Project Platinum: Desperate Platinums.
I'm also planning to platinum FFXII (at minimum complete the story), which has revenge as one of the major themes (Ashe's internal struggle of if she's fighting/using her power for revenge or for the future of her people).

Well done on finishing Danganronpa 1-2 Reload! :) I've updated your stats for you. Did you enjoy playing it? I've heard a lot of great things about the Danganronpa series so the games are on my wishlist. FFXII sounds like a great choice for this month as well, have you played a Final Fantasy game before? Hope you enjoy playing it!

13 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I voted! I chose an incredible view - surely that's general enough for people to take part in, and for those of us with PS+, Rime is a great game to play.

I can't decide which one to vote for :facepalm: ?. Both would make really lovely themes for next month, and I can think of a couple of games that could fit it (from the games I have). Rime will be an excellent choice for next month's theme. 

17 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

@RizzleAbbey12 With The Witcher 3 being SP, how to track each other progress while playing the game?  Updates on the forums or ?

Well I'm not sure but I think myself, @PermaFox and @donut_plz could keep track of each others progress by either adding each other on PSN or posting on here every couple of days or something like that. If anyone has any suggestions, then feel free to hit me with them.

In other news, I've finally finished Skyrim today for January's theme! :) And I also noticed that I've cleared 3 challenges with the completion of Skyrim as well - Part of another Event, All DLC and Hardcore challenge as well, which I'm really happy about! Now I've just got to decide which game I'm going to play for this month :hmm:. Would anyone be able to make some suggestions from my Checklist? Here's the link - 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well done on finishing Danganronpa 1-2 Reload! :) I've updated your stats for you. Did you enjoy playing it? I've heard a lot of great things about the Danganronpa series so the games are on my wishlist. FFXII sounds like a great choice for this month as well, have you played a Final Fantasy game before? Hope you enjoy playing it!

I went into Danganronpa thinking it would be similar to the Zero Escape games, which I loved. Because I had high expectations, I was let down. They're decent games, but not fantastic like the Zero Escape games. Definitely liked #2 better than #1 as the first game pretty much handed you the solutions to the puzzles even if you were on the highest difficulties; the sequel made things a little more difficult. I did like the characters in the first game better than the second, though.

I've played lots of FF games before. FF8 was one of my first RPGs (Super Mario RPG was my first and Saga Frontier was my second). FFXII was probably the first game I put more than 100 hours into for the original version :)

In other news, I've finally finished Skyrim today for January's theme! :) And I also noticed that I've cleared 3 challenges with the completion of Skyrim as well - Part of another Event, All DLC and Hardcore challenge as well, which I'm really happy about! Now I've just got to decide which game I'm going to play for this month :hmm:. Would anyone be able to make some suggestions from my Checklist? Here's the link - 

I would suggest to play Shadow of Modor. It's a very good game and not too long to beat.

To come back to the challenges I suggested, are you planing to add them or not?

For everyone who forgot about them, here they are again. Maybe we can add a vote for them?

Complete a new game (Released in the last 6 month)

Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

I'm really glad I saw @eigen-space post about Danganronpa fitting the theme for this month.  I've had that sat in my backlog for a while so have just downloaded it ready to play soon (it probably would have sat in my backlog for much longer otherwise)

I have ideas in mind already for games that fit either of next months themes, so I'll be happy whatever the outcome :D

12 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I'm going to take a look at The Witcher today and see what happens!  Will keep you posted.

Okay, good luck with it! :) 

10 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would suggest to play Shadow of Modor. It's a very good game and not too long to beat.

To come back to the challenges I suggested, are you planing to add them or not?

For everyone who forgot about them, here they are again. Maybe we can add a vote for them?

Complete a new game (Released in the last 6 month)

Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

Thanks for the suggestion of Shadow of Mordor! I'll look into that for this month.

Oh I didn't think you were making a suggestion, I thought you were just giving examples, sorry about that. Yeah I'd be willing to change them/add them in, I'll put them to a vote and I'll implement them in March.

11 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I went into Danganronpa thinking it would be similar to the Zero Escape games, which I loved. Because I had high expectations, I was let down. They're decent games, but not fantastic like the Zero Escape games. Definitely liked #2 better than #1 as the first game pretty much handed you the solutions to the puzzles even if you were on the highest difficulties; the sequel made things a little more difficult. I did like the characters in the first game better than the second, though.

I've played lots of FF games before. FF8 was one of my first RPGs (Super Mario RPG was my first and Saga Frontier was my second). FFXII was probably the first game I put more than 100 hours into for the original version :)

Oh, that's a shame that you were let down like that. It's never a great feeling when you buy a game and it doesn't live up to you expectations. 

Ah, so you know what to expect then in terms of gameplay and fighting then which is good! :) I've never played a FF game but I hope to change that with FFXV which is on my shelf ready to be played.

10 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'm really glad I saw @eigen-space post about Danganronpa fitting the theme for this month.  I've had that sat in my backlog for a while so have just downloaded it ready to play soon (it probably would have sat in my backlog for much longer otherwise)

I have ideas in mind already for games that fit either of next months themes, so I'll be happy whatever the outcome :D

That's great to see! :) I hope you enjoy it!

What do you have planned for next months theme, if you don't mind me asking? :D 

Okay, so I've put a poll up for the new Challenge using the suggestions @MarkusT1992 made. I've also added in one of my own that literally just popped into my head while I was putting the poll up. Anyway, we are looking for a new challenge to either replace the 'complete a game as part of another event' challenge or add to the ones we have depending on what the general response is to replacing that challenge. 

Okay, so I've put a poll up for the new Challenge using the suggestions @MarkusT1992 made. I've also added in one of my own that literally just popped into my head while I was putting the poll up. Anyway, we are looking for a new challenge to either replace the 'complete a game as part of another event' challenge or add to the ones we have depending on what the general response is to replacing that challenge. 

Hiya I cant vote in that poll but I'm in favor of changing it and for the replacement having got the first trophy over a year ago

Right okay so I didn't know that you couldn't just put another question in for people to vote for when they have already voted, so I've had to re-do the poll so everyone can vote for the theme and challenge they want and also so I can keep a better track of it, so I'm sorry about that. You will just have to vote for the theme you chose previously and then your challenge choice :).

1 hour ago, Dessane said:

Hiya I cant vote in that poll but I'm in favor of changing it and for the replacement having got the first trophy over a year ago

Hey, you can vote now as I've sorted it out :).

• Like 1