[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

I've finished Infamous Second Son a couple of days ago, I enjoyed it but felt it paled in comparison to the original PS3 games.  The game has you doing a good or evil playthrough (of course my preference is to be good) so fits the theme pretty well.  This one was also done as part of the PS Plus Backlog Event.

I believe I've done a couple of other games this month too that fit the theme - Batman and Psycho Pass.  Batman has moral choices and Psycho Pass has decisions you make in the game that could influence the outcome of a good or bad ending.

Still trying to get inspired with something out of my backlog to play for next months theme.

• Like 1

Here is my January Update!

Got the Platinum for the Vita version of The Wolf Among Us which I think also qualifies for Hardcore.

Didn't play anything else for this months theme but picked up the Plat for Uncharted 4, Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Hitman GO.

Keen to see what I can get done in February. 

Edited by fishy10101

12 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey everyone, just to let you know that I haven't forgotten you! I'm just waiting until Thursday to do the updates when I do the big monthly change update as well! I'll look forward to all your updates over the next couple of days! :) 

Good to know! I've been busy to play as much as I'd like it but I'll be ready for February's theme, just so you know I'll :platinum: God of War: Ascension and I don't even ned to look deeply on internet for the lore because it's always revenge/avenge in the God of War series :lol:

@RizzleAbbey12 Just finished Life is strange:before the storm and I loved it, stunning visuals and a good story as always. I thinks that should complete the 4 games in a month challenge (infamous second son, horizon zero dawn, hidden agenda). I have no idea of any games to play for February so if anyone has any suggestions or looks through my psnprofile list any help would be appreciated. 

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: 52 (+4)

100% completed 21 (+0)

Completion: 59.96 (+1.89%)

Edited by AS_CHAOTIC
typo lol

January update: I finished Batman at the start of the month, right before it was released on PS+, which I think qualifies for the Hardcore requirement with a number of characters changing allegiance.  Not one of my favourite Telltale games - the plot felt like it was hanging on by a thread at times - but it was still pretty solidly entertaining.

No idea what to play for February's theme, so hopefully inspiration will strike soon.

Edited by Fitzquaid

10 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@RizzleAbbey12 Just finished Life is strange:before the storm and I loved it, stunning visuals and a good story as always. I thinks that should complete the 4 games in a month challenge (infamous second son, horizon zero dawn, hidden agenda). I have no idea of any games to play for February so if anyone has any suggestions or looks through my psnprofile list any help would be appreciated.

From your list you could play Fallout 4 and Tales from the Borderlands.

@RizzleAbbey12

Here are my stats for the end of the month

Platinum trophies: +2

100% completed: -

Completion: +0.90%

Okay so here is my end month update.

Finished 3 games applicable to this month's theme. I addressed Dreamfall Chapters earlier in the month but added Batman (platinum for Telltale season 1) and Uncanny Valley (100%). While I grabbed both being free this month from PS+, if not for the this month's theme, neither would have been started yet so I think they should apply for that challenge. Both have been addressed earlier this month by others regarding their moral choices. I'm not sold that any of the 3 really apply for the hardcore but you may think differently.

Regarding the challenge for playing a game for another event, I think it still needs to match this month's theme, right? I finished up MeiQ for the Weeblympics (arrgh, painful pointless grind flashback) but it doesn't match the theme for the month. Neither does 36 Fragments of Midnight.

I'll close off with month and event stats.

January

Plats achieved: 4

100% games: 1

Completion rate: +1.19%

Stats

Plats: 107 (+4 for event)

100%: 45 (+1 for event)

Completion rate: 80.14% (+1.19% for event)

Not a bad start to the year. Let's see how this month goes as work is going to be really heavy for the next few weeks.

Edited by Kevvik

Platinum trophies: +1

Completion: - 0.22%

Right so, I was sick most of January, and wasn't able to plat Zestiria like I planned to. I also started a new game. But all in all, not too bad of a drop since I've been keeping up with playing and earning trophies.

After-january update:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +3

100% completed: +1

Completion: +0,27%

Considering that "Woman scorned" technically won the poll, my game for February's theme would be Infamous First Light (Fetch wanted some vengeance), but I've noticed that, due to Sasuke, Naruto Shippuden UNS 2 is also eligble... (although it's a game that I would complete anyway, for "The Love Boat"). Probably I will try to complete both.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@donut_plz, welcome to the event! I've added you into the main post so if you have any questions, then feel free to ask me! :D I hope you have fun in the event!

Thanks Rizz. Only game I completed in January was Ratchet and Clank (PS4). Not sure if it counts for anything. Have to figure out the whole point system yet... :hmm:

11 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I really wanted to vote for both March options!  Both of them sound good to me and I have games in both categories to play!

@RizzleAbbey12 Might take you up on The Witcher gameplay!  I believe I have all DLC and downloads.

Id be in for a Witcher play too. I wasn't that far in when I got sidetracked with other games. Been meaning to get back to it and put in the time to finish it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donut_plz said:

Thanks Rizz. Only game I completed in January was Ratchet and Clank (PS4). Not sure if it counts for anything. Have to figure out the whole point system yet... :hmm:

No problem! :) Did Ratchet and Clank have any element of January's theme in it at all? If so, then let me know and I'll add it in for you.

14 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I really wanted to vote for both March options!  Both of them sound good to me and I have games in both categories to play!

@RizzleAbbey12 Might take you up on The Witcher gameplay!  I believe I have all DLC and downloads.

That's great that you have options for both! I haven't voted yet though as I need to look at my game options first :P

Great! Let me know when you start and I'll start! I have the DLC as well!

2 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Id be in for a Witcher play too. I wasn't that far in when I got sidetracked with other games. Been meaning to get back to it and put in the time to finish it.

I only got about one main quest into it so your not alone haha :facepalm:.

12 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I only got about one main quest into it so your not alone haha :facepalm:.

I think I am halfway through the 2nd area but pretty sure I may have missed a couple stupid cards. Probably should start over before Im too far into it or Card Collector will require another playthrough again anyways.

• Like 1

I managed to plat some games this month. o w o Although I'm pretty sure that the VNs I cleared didn't really have an moral choices, so I'm probably going to have to use my skip first this month.

Games Played:

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds

CollarxMalice

Steins;Gate

Root Letter

Platinum trophies: +4

100% completed: 0

Completion: +0.85%

And while I was looking over the first post, I saw that my 100% complete was listed at 7, when it should be 48. ?

Edited by cerafinn
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

for anyone struggling with a game to do for the month, if you have had ps plus for a considerable time you would have gotten Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for the ps3, thats what ill be playing this month

There is a woman scorned in that? I had no idea, but I'll definitely check it out. I've been clearing out lots of PS+ games recently.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I don't think I can do any game for this month so I will have to use a skip and can I use this Plat image as my option: 1Se284c2.png

I think I might be able to drum up the ability to complete a game for this month, hopefully.

Hey, thanks for the update! I've updated your stats for this month and taken a skip from you :).

21 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@RizzleAbbey12 Shouldn't the stars for additional platinum games be blue like in the last year? Yellow stars were for 100% games.

Hey Markus, I must have gotten it the wrong way around then. Thanks for telling me! I've changed the yellow stars for blue ones. 

20 hours ago, donut_plz said:

I think I am halfway through the 2nd area but pretty sure I may have missed a couple stupid cards. Probably should start over before Im too far into it or Card Collector will require another playthrough again anyways.

Yeah that Card Collector trophy looks an absolute pain in the behind :facepalm:! I've got the Special Edition Walkthrough Guide, which is beautiful by the way I'd definitely recommend it, and I'm still overwhelmed by it! Still, I'm starting a Journal for my gaming progress so I'll probably write them down and tick them off or something like that.

19 hours ago, cerafinn said:

I managed to plat some games this month. o w o Although I'm pretty sure that the VNs I cleared didn't really have an moral choices, so I'm probably going to have to use my skip first this month.

Games Played:

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds

CollarxMalice

Steins;Gate

Root Letter

Platinum trophies: +4

100% completed: 0

Completion: +0.85%

And while I was looking over the first post, I saw that my 100% complete was listed at 7, when it should be 48. 1f615.png

Hey cerafinn :). Thanks for the update, it looks like you've been busy with the VN's this month then :P! I've updated you and taken a skip from you as well. Sorry about your 100% stat, are you sure it's 48 as when I went through your profile, I counted 7 games that have the green tick next to it which is what the stat is for. 

19 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Here's my stats as of the end of January:

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +2

Completion: +1.85%

Hey eigen-space, thanks for the update! :) Any plans on what your going to play for February?

18 hours ago, Dessane said:

Man, both of the march themes sound great, Put my vote in for artistic view. Looking at knocking out Fallout 4 as my plat this month, I am almost done on my second ending meaning only two mroe endings after that, simples :/

Thank you! :) I'm not even sure what I'm going to play yet and I haven't even looked at the choices yet :facepalm:

My Update:

Skyrim will definitely be finished tomorrow so I can include it for my January theme as I've only got a couple more missions to do for the plat! Then it's onto LEGO City Undercover that I'm playing for Toogie's event! 

• Like 1