[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

Ok I just got the :platinum: for God Of War: Ascension wich as I said before perfectly fits this months theme and also the HC Requirement since you get you revenge on the furies for all the madness they put you trought ??

So

Nº Of Plats: 51 (+1)

Completion: 78.47% (+0.8)

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__
  • Like 2

Finished The Walking Dead: Season 2 last night, and it might qualify for this month's theme - there's a lot of vengeance to go around.

Very spoilery examples:

Spoiler

Carver torturing Alvin, Kenny beating Carver to death, Kenny attacking Arvo after blaming him for Luke's death...

What do you think?

I wasn't a big fan of the game overall; I didn't think the writing was sharp enough to make it work, with characters acting irrationally and inconsistently to fit the needs of the plot, which made it hard to get attached to them.  Still, there were definitely strong scenes and moments along the way, and it was great to spend time with Clementine and the other returning characters from Season 1.

Edited by Fitzquaid
  • Like 1

aalli.png

This is basically all I have left to earn on Disgaea 5. The problem is trying to get an uber character to handle the remaining Carnage stages I need to unlock Carnage Dark and going through the Item World until I get the legendary weapon. I do have a Level 9999 Sage with over 13,000,000 INT, but... farming Asagis for shards and extracts is so tedious.

• Like 1

Haven't started my game for this month's theme yet, but I'm planning to tackle it this weekend. Also, either option for next month is fine by me, which is why I'm not gonna vote and ruin the results for anyone. The only tricky thing about the first option could be the hardcore requirement, but I'm sure with some more research, enough games will pop up.

Regarding the challenges, option 1 or 3 are my favorite. I would just add them to the list and not replace one in particular, but that might just be me ;) .

• Like 1

Just now, Jesaya815 said:

Haven't started my game for this month's theme yet, but I'm planning to tackle it this weekend. Also, either option for next month is fine by me, which is why I'm not gonna vote and ruin the results for anyone. The only tricky thing about the first option could be the hardcore requirement, but I'm sure with some more research, enough games will pop up.

Regarding the challenges, option 1 or 3 are my favorite. I would just add them to the list and not replace one in particular, but that might just be me ;) .

Yes, I am with this sentiment. Add the challenge to the list rather than remove it. And I am for option 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Yes, I am with this sentiment. Add the challenge to the list rather than remove it. And I am for option 1.

My idea when I suggested the themes was to remove the "because of this event" challenge and add some more interesting as it is kind of pointles to have a challenge for played because of this event because most games eligable are played for that reason. At least for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

My idea when I suggested the themes was to remove the "because of this event" challenge and add some more interesting as it is kind of pointles to have a challenge for played because of this event because most games eligable are played for that reason. At least for me.

Agreed. I usually play one or two games at a time, and I enter multiple events. So whatever I am playing is always part of another event.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

On 04/02/2018 at 7:27 PM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Ok I just got the :platinum: for God Of War: Ascension wich as I said before perfectly fits this months theme and also the HC Requirement since you get you revenge on the furies for all the madness they put you trought 1f60e.png1f60e.png

So

Nº Of Plats: 51 (+1)

Completion: 78.47% (+0.8)

Hey! Congrats on getting the platinum for God Of War: Ascension! I've updated your stats for you. What did you think of the game, did you enjoy playing it? From what I remember, it can be pretty epic :D.

On 05/02/2018 at 3:56 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Quick update. I progressed more in AC Unity, but still not enough to pop a trophy. Weekend was hectic. Will keep going tonight.

Great job with the progress! :) 

22 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Finished The Walking Dead: Season 2 last night, and it might qualify for this month's theme - there's a lot of vengeance to go around.

Very spoilery examples:

Reveal hidden contents

Carver torturing Alvin, Kenny beating Carver to death, Kenny attacking Arvo after blaming him for Luke's death...

What do you think?

I wasn't a big fan of the game overall; I didn't think the writing was sharp enough to make it work, with characters acting irrationally and inconsistently to fit the needs of the plot, which made it hard to get attached to them.  Still, there were definitely strong scenes and moments along the way, and it was great to spend time with Clementine and the other returning characters from Season 1.

Hey! Well done on finishing The Walking Dead: Season 2! I'v counted it for you based on what you've said in your spoiler (don't worry, I've already played it :)) and from what I can remember about the game as a whole. 

I agree with you there. I much preferred Season 1 over the Season 2 as I felt Season 2 lacked/didn't have enough of the emotion/character connectivity that the first Season did. But I suppose they thought they should make it darker to keep players wanting more or something like that.

21 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

That sounds like a good plan then, what are you planning on playing? :) I'm sure you won't need to worry about that, I'm sure @Edunstar84 will help us all out with one of their brilliant lists again :D.

It's a bit of toughy isn't it? :D I could always add a new challenge this time and then one another month, if people are liking the new challenges and would like more.

19 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I think I may just have to end up leaving it in as people seem to want it to stay in. However, I can remove it in the next couple of months instead so we can see how people are liking the new challenge they vote for. Everything's up for change though so it will probably be removed eventually.

• Like 4

February Update:

Grim Fandango  2757.pngFebruary Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngPart of another event Retro Game

Enjoyable game.  Was really a learning experience remembering to always use the tank controls!  Funny, nice music, great dialogue.  Live on Manny Calavera!!

Current:

Plats: 3 > 8

100% Games: 5 > 8

Completion: 19.92% > 28.15%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey! Congrats on getting the platinum for God Of War: Ascension! I've updated your stats for you. What did you think of the game, did you enjoy playing it? From what I remember, it can be pretty epic :D.

it is indeed, as any of the other God of War  games, the graphics are the top that the PS3 can manage and the story is an interesting prologue to the first game, it answers a few questions I had about the events on the series, I haven't touch the multiplayer yet but I'm planning to do this weekend at least for a few hours to see how is it pretty fun :platinum:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

That sounds like a good plan then, what are you planning on playing? :) I'm sure you won't need to worry about that, I'm sure @Edunstar84 will help us all out with one of their brilliant lists again :D.

It's a bit of toughy isn't it? :D I could always add a new challenge this time and then one another month, if people are liking the new challenges and would like more.

I will play Mafia 3 + DLCs, because it's also one of the games I chose for the Love Boat event :) . I heard people complaining about certain trophies in the past though. Fingers crossed everything is patched by now and works as it should. Otherwise I'm in big trouble and have to find something else for both events :D .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I think I may just have to end up leaving it in as people seem to want it to stay in. However, I can remove it in the next couple of months instead so we can see how people are liking the new challenge they vote for. Everything's up for change though so it will probably be removed eventually.

No need to remove it if the majority wants it to stay.

For the event: I have finished the story of GTA San Andreas and only need to do a few things to get the platinum. I hope to get the game done by the coming weekend so I have enought time for Assassin's Creed 2.

No need to update yet though. You can wait til I get the plat.

• Like 1

Morning all, got my game for this month done by platinuming Fallout 4 which also meets the hardcore requirement as vengeance was a big driver for the character.

1Sc82dc2.png

Overall I enjoyed the game but it felt a bit dumbed down compared to the older Fallout games. I didn't like how instead of seeing the whole line you would say you only see a little bit of it, It caused some miscommunication for sure. 

This was also part of my  list for Toogie's Love Boat so that'a another event that the game counts for :D 

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 4

@RizzleAbbey12 I finally played through Guacamelee, after diving the first trophy long ago. Fun game. Will definitely not platinum it,at least not at this point. Revenge is a big partof the story, for several characters including the main character.

So that's a silver for me for februari:

30S049787.png

Also every game I play now is also part of a backlog event but I won't go mention that for each platinum/100% I do from now on, that just feels wrong as it's an "every game goes" event.

Probably won't get a gold or platinum for this month. Still playing whatever I feel like and that still means only rarely going for a completion.

• Like 3

Well, if the "Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago" challenge wins, I know what game I'll have to start working on - LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4, which I got the first trophy on a year ago... 3 accounts ago. Yep, I had created four new accounts in a year's time. (One of them only has two games on it, though, and I'll probably delete it from my PS4.)

Should be grinding on Disgaea 5 now. I have only six trophies to get but they are very tough to get fast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@RizzleAbbey12 Think I'm going to try to finish South Park SOT.  Did a first playthrough and now need to play again to wrap up the remaining trophies.  Started The Witcher but know this will be a longer game and I want to really enjoy it and not rush through. Did you look at The Witcher?

Good luck with South Park SOT! ^_^ 

Yeah, I totally agree with you on that! I've not looked at it yet, as I'm currently on the XB1 due to Toogie's event but I'am going to be starting it for next month I think as, it's a perfect spring time game, what with the sunsets, meadows and such.

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I haven't started my game yet. I'll have to remember that there are only 28 days this month.

Me either ?! I looked at my calendar this morning and was stunned to see that 11 days had already gone by!

• Like 2

Ugh, it's already the 11th and I haven't made any progress in my February game. But Disgaea 5 is such a grind and I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. I've tried to raise a mage up and got 22 million in her INT but she's still not doing 1/3 of the damage to the enemies on the De Gaulle Carnage map and she gets molested by the enemies there. Ugh! The highest damage she does with all of the buffs and combos is 330 million damage, so Damage-o-holic is a far off pipe dream. :(

I may have to use one of my skips for this month because I can't see myself completing the platinum by the end of the month at this rate, especially since I will be busy with other games for other events (like the Lent Challenge) and am madly addicted to Digimonstory Cyber Sleuth right now.

I got the :platinum: for GTA San Andreas yesterday, which was my 50th overall.

As one of my favorite games of all times I wanted to get a special milestone for that game and I think the 50th plat is a perfect one for that.

I'm even going to do the 100% even though it is not required for the plat.

The game is from 2004 which means it counts for the retro challenge. That's the second GTA game I played in thise event which counted for the retro challenge.

It also should count for the hardcore challenge

as you take revenge against some of your "friends" in the story

Here is the picture you can use

1S4c5caf.png

Now I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2 and hope I have enought time left to finish it.

Edited by MarkusT1992