[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

9 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Well, I am almost about to platinum Buff Knight Advanced(grinding for the last two trophies), so if possible I'd like to put that as my skip for this month. (Had to look over the OP to find out what you meant by skipping.) Unless there is a rule for trophy completion, that is, then I'll get back to you on that.

Okay, well I can't see any problem with you using it as you've earned all the trophies for it this month. Let me know when you've done! As regards trophy completion, here's what the rules are for that:

Rule 7: Games of any completion percentage are allowed, an exception to this would be games with only one trophy left for a different event. (See rule 8)

Rule 8: Participants can request a platinum rank for a trophy list that has only one missing trophy (or more that are stackable) before the platinum trophy, if they're participating in a time sensitive event like the Platinum Rain Day.

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Just finished Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc which fits this months theme.  I believe it is also eligible for the hardcore requirement.

If possible I'd like to also count it for this challenge too:

"Complete a game because of this event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise."

As it would have sat in my backlog for a long time to come if @eigen-spacehadn't mentioned it.  It also became one of my top favorite games, so I'm happy about that and I'm eager to start the second one.

Hey! :) Congrats on finishing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc! I get updating you now while I'm on here! :) 

@Mesopithecus, okay your stats are now updated! Any plans on what your going to start next? :) 

I finished Nier Automata this month which has multiple instances of revenge/avenging someone. It also counts for the hardcore requirement because the story of the game is completely based on revenge in some form. Some examples include (Don't click the spoiler if you haven't played the game, the story is a big part of this fantastic game):

Spoiler
  • Eve trying to avenge Adam after you kill him 
  • 9S getting revenge against A2 to try and avenge 2B 
  • 2B and 9S trying to get revenge on the machines for taking over Earth 

I'm saving one trophy in this game so that it can be trophy 5,000 as I love the game, but the last trophy can be earned in less than 30 seconds. I highly recommend the game to everyone as I believe it's one of the best games of this generation and one of my favorite games of all time. 

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay, well I can't see any problem with you using it as you've earned all the trophies for it this month. Let me know when you're done! As regards trophy completion, here's what the rules are for that:

Rule 7: Games of any completion percentage are allowed, an exception to this would be games with only one trophy left for a different event. (See rule 8)

Rule 8: Participants can request a platinum rank for a trophy list that has only one missing trophy (or more that are stackable) before the platinum trophy, if they're participating in a time sensitive event like the Platinum Rain Day.

Okay, thanks! It will probably take a few hours but I got lucky and got three artifacts in one stage so I'll let you know. ;) And thanks for pointing it out. I like events that don't require you to have X% or less trophies(not like it bothers me if I can find a game I can purchase and start at the time of the event).

EDIT: Just got the platinum for this game so put it as my skip. You can even check out my profile to be sure. :) I do promise that I'll look for a game to fulfill March's theme since that was one of my two skips.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

52 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey eigen! I've updated your stats for you and well done on finishing Three Fourths Home! The controls sound like Everybody's Gone To The Rapture in the sense that, if you want to get anywhere in the next few minutes rather than weeks, then you have to practically play the whole game holding down on primary button, like you say. This kind of took away from the enjoyment for me. Anyway, any plans on what your going to play next? :) 

I'm going to start playing Day of the Tentacle as @PermaFox has pointed out that it fulfills this month's requirements. I think I should be able to get it done in a day or two!  I also had intended to finish up FFXII as it also fits the theme, so maybe I'll actually get around to the last few trophies lol. I got sidetracked with FFIX (which would could for the minor requirements for either choice next month and for the hardcore requirement for What a View)  so I put off XII.
Also need to complete The Unfinished Swan to round out all my games for The Winter 2017/2018 Backlog Challenge before the end of the month, and I'm not sure that one would count for this event. No idea what to expect from it :D 

Just finished Prince of Persia: the forgotten sands.  This fits the months theme as 

Spoiler

The prince thinks he sees his brother malik kill ratash, but actually the reverse happens, causing the prince to kill ratash and save the kingdom.

Needed to do a speed run as I missed the collectibles and there is no chapter select. this speed run made me appreciate the game more, whilst it is really short it was enjoyable.

So if what a view wins, I think I might finish uncharted 3, which won the best graphics at the 2011 spike game awards, but because its the ps4 version would it count @RizzleAbbey12?

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: 53 (+5)

100% completed 21 (+0)

Completion: 60.84 (+2.77%)

14 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey! :) Congrats on finishing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc! I get updating you now while I'm on here! :) 

@Mesopithecus, okay your stats are now updated! Any plans on what your going to start next? :) 

I'm thinking maybe Seasons After Fall, especially now that there is a guide up for it

As for next month, I'll be playing Okami - it fits either theme so it works out well :D

• Like 1

@RizzleAbbey12, just finished up Day of the Tentacle Remastered.  It fits the Hardcore requirement as well as the Retro Game Challenge (original was released in 1993) and it would have been a while before I played it had @PermaFox not mentioned it, so also goes with the "would not have played soon otherwise" challenge.

I thought the game was super fun and quirky! Maniac Mansion was one of my first games and I loved that they included the game within this game (in fact, I planned it out so that I got the #2000 Trophy Milestone with the trophy for playing Maniac Mansion).

• Like 1

@RizzleAbbey12 I finished Assassin's Creed 2 today, which fits perfectly for the theme.

It was great to play that game again after many years but it felt a bit weird in the beginning after playing newer AC game. Specifically the controlles were strange.

It's still one of my favourite AC games though.

The game also counts for the hardcore challenge as revange is the main reason for your actions in the game.

PS. I noticed that I still have a yellow star for January when it should be a blue one. My second game was Sleeping Dogs, which has a plat.

• Like 2

Hey guys! I'm sorry for vanishing on you; life got a bit insane for a few months and gaming pretty much got thrown out the window. I may be a bit more error-prone while trying to get back up to speed; please don't hesitate to point out problems.  :facepalm:

A huge thank you to @RizzleAbbey12 for taking charge while I was gone. Looks like she did an awesome job. :)

Nice to see all the new posters, too!

Everyone between this and Abbey's last post should be updated now.

@AS_CHAOTIC  @ExHaseo  I'll need to get back to you on Uncharted and the DLC.

• Like 1

Managed to knock out one more game for the month's theme by picking up the plat for Assassin's Creed Origins last night. Was a lot of fun apart from finding the last few locations for Old Habits. The game also is eligble for the hardcore requirement and was for another event (Toogies Love Boat Event) :D 

Final Stats for February:

South Park: SOT  2757.pngFebruary Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngPart of another event 

Day of the Tentacle  2757.pngFebruary Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngPart of another event 

Grim Fandango  2757.pngFebruary Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngPart of another event Retro Game

Current:

Plats: 3 > 10

100% Games: 5 > 8

Completion: 19.92% > 27.51%

I noticed this challenge hasn't been updated for me:

"Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event."

My completion of AC Unity qualifies as I am also doing that for The Love Boat event.

Also, I will have my final Feb update on Wednesday, as I am hoping to complete Uncharted Lost Legacy to 100% before the month is over, and maybe get through AC Origins storyline at least. As a friendly reminder as well, I am utilizing one of my skips for March as I do not have a game that fits with that theme. I do have a question about that though...can challenges still be completed during a skipped month? I ask because there is a likelihood that maybe I can complete 4 games in March. If I have to retract the skip in order to accomplish that, then please let me know.

4 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I noticed this challenge hasn't been updated for me:

"Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event."

My completion of AC Unity qualifies as I am also doing that for The Love Boat event.

Also, I will have my final Feb update on Wednesday, as I am hoping to complete Uncharted Lost Legacy to 100% before the month is over, and maybe get through AC Origins storyline at least. As a friendly reminder as well, I am utilizing one of my skips for March as I do not have a game that fits with that theme. I do have a question about that though...can challenges still be completed during a skipped month? I ask because there is a likelihood that maybe I can complete 4 games in March. If I have to retract the skip in order to accomplish that, then please let me know.

The challenges can only be completed with games that fit the theme.

That means for the 4 games in one month challenge for March you need to complete 4 games with an artistic view.

That's the same with every other challenge.

1 hour ago, PermaFox said:

@RizzleAbbey12 So, we will have one theme for March?  Artistic only, and not the logbook one? If so, I need to look at my game list.

And will we be voting for one theme for the rest of the year?

Yes, the theme with the most votes wins and will be the one counting for the next month.

We will be voting each month for the next month's theme. There will be two options per month, except in the random months. If it is like in the last year, each participant can suggest one theme and we vote between all of them or between a few randomly selected.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dessane said:

Managed to knock out one more game for the month's theme by picking up the plat for Assassin's Creed Origins last night. Was a lot of fun apart from finding the last few locations for Old Habits. The game also is eligble for the hardcore requirement and was for another event (Toogies Love Boat Event) :D 

Nice work, got you updated! Glad you enjoyed it - I'll admit to being a little jealous.  :D

5 hours ago, PermaFox said:

-snip-

Impressive progress for so early in the year! Looks like you're already up to date.

@MarkusT1992 Thanks, just beat me to it.  :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The challenges can only be completed with games that fit the theme.

That means for the 4 games in one month challenge for March you need to complete 4 games with an artistic view.

That's the same with every other challenge.

Ok thanks. Then yes I want to execute my skip for March

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Nice work, got you updated! Glad you enjoyed it - I'll admit to being a little jealous.  :D

Thanks :) it wasn't to hard a platinum just a long one! also do the challenges also get blue stars for doing extra plats for them over the year? if so I should have a star for the hardcore requirement and the different event challenge :) 

February for me saw a couple plats, the main one counting towards the theme would be Need For Speed: Payback.

I also got the platinum for Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts which both have revenge elements for their stories but I think the theme specified that it was revenge towards someone they were close to so not sure they count.

:DLooking forward to seeing what everyone is playing next month.

7 minutes ago, fishy10101 said:

February for me saw a couple plats, the main one counting towards the theme would be Need For Speed: Payback.

I also got the platinum for Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts which both have revenge elements for their stories but I think the theme specified that it was revenge towards someone they were close to so not sure they count.

:DLooking forward to seeing what everyone is playing next month.

The theme was just revenge, no matter against who.

4 minutes ago, fishy10101 said:

Sweet well if I can manage a plat today I'd hit the 4 in a month!

Then good luck with that

You could do the missing playthrough in Infamous Second Son, depending on your time. IIRC it had something to do with revenge.

Edited by MarkusT1992