[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

9 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

That's a great choice and I remember reading that you were going to do it for Toogie's event :). Yeah, those trophies can be a bit of a nightmare. Are you referring to the Flipping/Killing the racket bosses/informants? I did those in two playthroughs as there are just enough of those events in the game to cover one of the trophies per playthrough so it warrants a second playthrough. I didn't mind doing this though as I love the Mafia series but I know some people may not like doing multiple playthroughs in a game. Another trophy that's really difficult is the 'Recruited to 5th SFG' trophy. Man, that is an absolute pain and I spent about 3 hours trying to do that. There's a pretty good place to do it though that's detailed in this video - 

Oh my, I'm not looking forward to attempt this particular trophy, but I guess I'll have to eventually xD . Thanks for the video and the information, it's much appreciated :) . Yes, flipping everyone was supposed to be glitched or people messed up on top of that, because it's so easy to mess up in this game. I usually don't mind multiple playthroughs either, especially if the game is as good as Mafia 3, which I really like so far. And there's still enough time left, we'll see.

I also got the Platinum for Metro: Last Light Redux today and can safely say that it fits for February's theme, as well as the hardcore requirement. So, at least I fulfilled the challenge for this month already. Just with a different game than originally planned :) .

Spoiler

One of the NPCs named Pavel betrays you and later in the game you have the choice to kill him or spare him. The trophy for killing him is even called "Revenge", but it's not essential to the story if you kill him or not as he's just a pawn himself. Plus the main character Artyom can also take some revenge on a couple of soldiers that kill his comrades and kidnap his love, Anna.

12 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey Dessane! Well done on finishing Fallout 4 :). I've updated your stats for you. Ah so mixed thoughts on the game then :hmm:. It did have something missing that I couldn't really put my finger on when I played it. Anyway, are you planning on buying/playing the DLC at all? I have the DLC and I can say that they are pretty good and interesting DLC's. I won't say what I thought about them as I haven't played them all (still need to play Nuka-World) but they are definitely a great play.

Yeah I have all the DLC and definitely plan to go back to them I just needed a bit of a change for a bit so I'll finish the rest of my Love BOat Games and then come back to 100% Fallout. I've finished Automaton which was decent and the story of Far Harbour which was good fun (so much radaway used) and my mates reckon that Nukaworld is great so Looking forward to trying it.

About two thirds through the story of AC Origins right now so might get two plats eligible for teh them this month but we will see.

On 2/11/2018 at 6:09 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey scarishbal! Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post. If you have any questions about the event, then feel free to ask. :) I hope you have fun in the event. 

What do you have in mind for this month's theme?

Thank you! 

I was thinking either Dishonored - Ride to Hell - Cat Quest  or any God of War game.  But I'll still be looking around for other games.

@MarkusT1992, well done on finishing your game and a big congrats for getting your 50th platinum!^_^ It's always great when a milestone plat is a game that you love! I've updated your stats for you.

On 11/02/2018 at 10:51 PM, Jesaya815 said:

Oh my, I'm not looking forward to attempt this particular trophy, but I guess I'll have to eventually xD . Thanks for the video and the information, it's much appreciated :) . Yes, flipping everyone was supposed to be glitched or people messed up on top of that, because it's so easy to mess up in this game. I usually don't mind multiple playthroughs either, especially if the game is as good as Mafia 3, which I really like so far. And there's still enough time left, we'll see.

I also got the Platinum for Metro: Last Light Redux today and can safely say that it fits for February's theme, as well as the hardcore requirement. So, at least I fulfilled the challenge for this month already. Just with a different game than originally planned :) .

Reveal hidden contents

One of the NPCs named Pavel betrays you and later in the game you have the choice to kill him or spare him. The trophy for killing him is even called "Revenge", but it's not essential to the story if you kill him or not as he's just a pawn himself. Plus the main character Artyom can also take some revenge on a couple of soldiers that kill his comrades and kidnap his love, Anna.

No problem! :) If you need any more help with any of the trophies in Mafia 3, then feel free to ask me! :D 

Congrats on finishing Metro: Last Light Redux! I've updated your stats for you!

On 12/02/2018 at 0:45 AM, Dessane said:

Yeah I have all the DLC and definitely plan to go back to them I just needed a bit of a change for a bit so I'll finish the rest of my Love BOat Games and then come back to 100% Fallout. I've finished Automaton which was decent and the story of Far Harbour which was good fun (so much radaway used) and my mates reckon that Nukaworld is great so Looking forward to trying it.

About two thirds through the story of AC Origins right now so might get two plats eligible for teh them this month but we will see.

Ah right, that makes sense and I agree with you there. When a game is as big as Fallout 4 is, it definitely needs to be spread out over a while as it can become boring if it's played a lot. :) 

Good luck with AC Origins!

On 12/02/2018 at 3:17 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

Got the plat for Assassin's Creed Unity.

It meets the February theme, hardcore requirement, and I also complete the requirements for another challenge. I'll be working on the DLC and getting 100% on it soon

Congrats on finishing Assassin's Creed Unity! I've updated your stats for you! I noticed you've already finished the DLC for Unity, so I've already updated that challenge for you. :) 

On 12/02/2018 at 10:06 PM, scarishbal said:

Thank you! 

I was thinking either Dishonored - Ride to Hell - Cat Quest  or any God of War game.  But I'll still be looking around for other games.

No problem! :) They all sound like great games to play! I'd definitely recommend Dishonored as it's actually really fun and has quite a detailed and thoughtful story when you get into it :).

On 14/02/2018 at 4:02 PM, PermaFox said:

February Update:

South Park: SOT  2757.pngFebruary Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngPart of another event 

Great Game!  Collectibles were fun, but frustrating!

Current:

Plats: 3 > 10

100% Games: 5 > 8

Completion: 19.92% > 27.51%

Congrats on finishing South Park: SOT! :P I've updated your stats for you! Any plans on what your going to play next?

I should probably start my game for this month... I doubt I'll be able to get a plat but a story completion at least would be nice. Between the time sync that is base building management sim games (i'm a sucker for them) and being sick, I've barely touched Yakuza Kiwami, haven't started SotC, or reinstalled Mafia 3 which were my options for this month.

Super curious about the theme tie... I like both ideas.

23 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I'm thinking of L.A. Noire for next month, the logbook and all.  Might be a bit ambitious but, who knows!  I am also looking at Life is Strange.

You go for it PermaFox!:highfive: You'll definitely be able to finish it in a month! :) 

15 hours ago, Dessane said:

What happens in the case of a theme tie @RizzleAbbey12 

2 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

I should probably start my game for this month... I doubt I'll be able to get a plat but a story completion at least would be nice. Between the time sync that is base building management sim games (i'm a sucker for them) and being sick, I've barely touched Yakuza Kiwami, haven't started SotC, or reinstalled Mafia 3 which were my options for this month.

Super curious about the theme tie... I like both ideas.

Well I'll have to think about it as we have never had a theme tie before and Falion never said anything about what should happen if it came to that. I'll get back to you when it gets closer to March and I've come up with something. Sorry I couldn't be any clearer about it at this point. 

• Like 2

February Update:

Day of the Tentacle  2757.pngFebruary Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngPart of another event 

I probably laughed through this entire game!  It was fun, goofy, great!  Wish there were more games like this!

Current:

Completion: 19.92% > 27.81%

• Like 2

On 2/17/2018 at 2:23 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

You go for it PermaFox!:highfive: You'll definitely be able to finish it in a month! :) 

Well I'll have to think about it as we have never had a theme tie before and Falion never said anything about what should happen if it came to that. I'll get back to you when it gets closer to March and I've come up with something. Sorry I couldn't be any clearer about it at this point. 

It's all good :) just shows we have two really good options :) 

• Like 1

Wow, it's been a while after my last update... To make things weirder, I was planning to use Infamous First Light as my February's game, but I'm not being able to gather enough motivation to complete this game... (I intend to complete this game anyday...). However, when I was playing Naruto Shippuden UNS 2 (PS4 version) for "The Love Boat", I've remembered about all "Sasuke's stuff against Itachi", etc... Well, I can say that after remember this things, I could simply do not bother myself about Infamous FL...

Last weekend i've finished Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, granting me the Platinum grade for February, plus "Another PSNP event" challenge (this game was part of "The Love Boat"), and "Hardcore Challenge" (chech spoiler below).

Sasuke's vengeance is part of storyline, as well as Shikamaru revenges his "sensei" as part of the storyline. (even inside a spoiler tag, I will not say further information here, by now...)

I'm also posting my updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +5

100% completed: +1

Completion: +0,61%

• Like 1

Wow! Next to no playtime this month so far.  Finished two plats, the first of which, Quest of Dungeons, doesn't apply for the theme.

The second, Murdered: Soul Suspect, is a supernatural detective story where a ghost police detective with a checkered past, with the help of a young medium, tries to solve both his own murder as well as those by the serial killer that he was tracking.  Not a bad game but not as good as it could have been.

Craploads of collectibles distract from an okay story and give a lore which isn't as interesting or deep as it could be. The sandbox really isn't big enough to warrant all these collectibles, most right in the open, and the well hidden few that you really have to search for essentially come down to situational awareness of your environment.

In the end though, you get revenge on your killer, which is what this month's theme and hardcore are all about so I have my month done. I have options for both themes next month so I'm covered whichever way the vote goes provided I have time to play...

• Like 1

@RizzleAbbey12, I just completed Three Fourths Home. It fulfills the minor requirement as one of Ben's stories is about a man who joins a war solely to get revenge for his sister.
It also counts for the Other PSNP event  challenge--  it's one of my games in the Winter 2017/2018 Backlog Challenge.
If we acquire the new challenge of games by a small/independent publisher/developer and are allowed to use games from prior months, this game fits that challenge as well ;-)

My take on this game:
The story was really interesting, and it will change depending on your responses. Rather dynamic; it's pretty fun. Definitely believable, and slightly sad/depressing. Ben's stories were really great.
I didn't like that you had to hold down the R2 button the entire time for the main story. Very crampy. The visuals also made me feel kinda sick :(

• Like 1

Just a quick update, I managed to finish Mafia 3 tonight and also completed all the DLCs, which counts towards the extra challenge :) . This has really become one of my favorite games of all time and I'll definitely play it again, just to grab the rest of the collectibles and try some different things that weren't necessary for the 100% . 

• Like 1

I do promise to platinum a game for March but what I will platinum depends on what wins the vote. (Please someone break the tie!)

If it's the "What A View" challenge, I will probably save Rime for that because it looks gorgeous. It may be a bit difficult but I can platinum it with some help.

If the challenge is "Spring Clean", I will... uh... I dunno. My thoughts go to an RPG like Kingdom Hearts but even if I picked Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, my ADHD will sabotage me and make it hard to get the platinum in a month. Oh wait, I am planning on platinuming Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, by getting a PS Now account for a couple of months because I want to get that plat before Ni No Kuni 2(which I will buy) comes out, so I could do that.

As for the other challenge, I'll probably platinum LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 because my first trophy in that was earned on another account a year ago. But I hit a bug during story mode where I couldn't complete a level. I hope I don't run into that again.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I'd like to say I'm sorry for not updating you guys sooner as I've been tied up with finishing my Kona Trophy Guide and also finishing off some games for The Love Boat event. But, I've managed to get you all updated so here goes:

On 16/02/2018 at 9:20 PM, PermaFox said:

February Update:

Day of the Tentacle  2757.pngFebruary Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngPart of another event 

I probably laughed through this entire game!  It was fun, goofy, great!  Wish there were more games like this!

Current:

Completion: 19.92% > 27.81%

Hey PermaFox! Well done on finishing Day of the Tentacle! I've updated your stats and I'm glad you see you enjoyed it! Every time someone updates me with this game, they always say how good it is :D!

On 19/02/2018 at 1:52 PM, JoaoQuique said:

Wow, it's been a while after my last update... To make things weirder, I was planning to use Infamous First Light as my February's game, but I'm not being able to gather enough motivation to complete this game... (I intend to complete this game anyday...). However, when I was playing Naruto Shippuden UNS 2 (PS4 version) for "The Love Boat", I've remembered about all "Sasuke's stuff against Itachi", etc... Well, I can say that after remember this things, I could simply do not bother myself about Infamous FL...

Last weekend i've finished Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, granting me the Platinum grade for February, plus "Another PSNP event" challenge (this game was part of "The Love Boat"), and "Hardcore Challenge" (chech spoiler below).

Reveal hidden contents

Sasuke's vengeance is part of storyline, as well as Shikamaru revenges his "sensei" as part of the storyline. (even inside a spoiler tag, I will not say further information here, by now...)

I'm also posting my updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +5

100% completed: +1

Completion: +0,61%

Hey Joao! Well done on finishing Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2! I've updated your stats for you.

On 20/02/2018 at 9:24 PM, Kevvik said:

Wow! Next to no playtime this month so far.  Finished two plats, the first of which, Quest of Dungeons, doesn't apply for the theme.

The second, Murdered: Soul Suspect, is a supernatural detective story where a ghost police detective with a checkered past, with the help of a young medium, tries to solve both his own murder as well as those by the serial killer that he was tracking.  Not a bad game but not as good as it could have been.

Craploads of collectibles distract from an okay story and give a lore which isn't as interesting or deep as it could be. The sandbox really isn't big enough to warrant all these collectibles, most right in the open, and the well hidden few that you really have to search for essentially come down to situational awareness of your environment.

In the end though, you get revenge on your killer, which is what this month's theme and hardcore are all about so I have my month done. I have options for both themes next month so I'm covered whichever way the vote goes provided I have time to play...

Hey Kevvik! Well done on finishing Murdered: Soul Suspect and your other game as well! I wasn't very fond of the collectable in this game as they really felt unnecessary, like you say, and also they kind of took me away from the story, as I'd just have the thought about them in the back of my mind while I was playing. 

Anyway, I've updated your stats for you. :) 

21 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@RizzleAbbey12, I just completed Three Fourths Home. It fulfills the minor requirement as one of Ben's stories is about a man who joins a war solely to get revenge for his sister.
It also counts for the Other PSNP event  challenge--  it's one of my games in the Winter 2017/2018 Backlog Challenge.
If we acquire the new challenge of games by a small/independent publisher/developer and are allowed to use games from prior months, this game fits that challenge as well ;-)

My take on this game:
The story was really interesting, and it will change depending on your responses. Rather dynamic; it's pretty fun. Definitely believable, and slightly sad/depressing. Ben's stories were really great.
I didn't like that you had to hold down the R2 button the entire time for the main story. Very crampy. The visuals also made me feel kinda sick :(

Hey eigen! I've updated your stats for you and well done on finishing Three Fourths Home! The controls sound like Everybody's Gone To The Rapture in the sense that, if you want to get anywhere in the next few minutes rather than weeks, then you have to practically play the whole game holding down on primary button, like you say. This kind of took away from the enjoyment for me. Anyway, any plans on what your going to play next? :) 

17 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Just a quick update, I managed to finish Mafia 3 tonight and also completed all the DLCs, which counts towards the extra challenge :) . This has really become one of my favorite games of all time and I'll definitely play it again, just to grab the rest of the collectibles and try some different things that weren't necessary for the 100% . 

Hey Jesaya! Well done on finishing Mafia 3! I've updated your stats for you! :) Well I'm glad to see that someone else shares the same love that I do for Mafia 3! I'm looking into getting the Season Pass so I can go back and complete this game to 100%!

15 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Don't think I'll play Berseria, which is a shame but Monster Hunter has taken most of my gaming time now. So might have to use a skip and use Rime as my alternative.

Hey, it's always great when a game grabs you like that and you just can't put it down no matter what! I love it when that happens! Let me know if you want to use Rime as your alternative at the end of the month :).

13 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I do promise to platinum a game for March but what I will platinum depends on what wins the vote. (Please someone break the tie!)

If it's the "What A View" challenge, I will probably save Rime for that because it looks gorgeous. It may be a bit difficult but I can platinum it with some help.

If the challenge is "Spring Clean", I will... uh... I dunno. My thoughts go to an RPG like Kingdom Hearts but even if I picked Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, my ADHD will sabotage me and make it hard to get the platinum in a month. Oh wait, I am planning on platinuming Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, by getting a PS Now account for a couple of months because I want to get that plat before Ni No Kuni 2(which I will buy) comes out, so I could do that.

As for the other challenge, I'll probably platinum LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 because my first trophy in that was earned on another account a year ago. But I hit a bug during story mode where I couldn't complete a level. I hope I don't run into that again.

I know, someone needs to break the tie as I don't know what I'm going to do to sort it haha! :D As regards your game for this month, are you wanting to use a skip for this month then? If so, then just let me know! :) 

Hey, I'm going to be doing Kingdom Hearts! Perhaps, if it would help you concentrate on it and help you platinum it, we could play alongside each other and if you need some help, you can send me a message and I can you! :) You can definitely platinum it in a month, so don't worry! You never know you might get a thrill of doing the grind!

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm having issues picking a game for this month no as I don't really want to play GoW...

I know what you mean :facepalm:. I think I'm going to have to use a skip for this month, the way my gaming is going at the minute! I just can't tear myself away from my XB1!

• Like 1

Just now, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I know, someone needs to break the tie as I don't know what I'm going to do to sort it haha! :D As regards your game for this month, are you wanting to use a skip for this month then? If so, then just let me know! :) 

Yes, I do want to use a skip for this month as I can't finish the game I chose. I did get a couple of trophies for Disgaea 5 but the last ones are going to be time-consuming or require a lot of prep work. :(

4 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Yes, I do want to use a skip for this month as I can't finish the game I chose. I did get a couple of trophies for Disgaea 5 but the last ones are going to be time-consuming or require a lot of prep work. :(

Okay, no problem. What would you like to use as your skip? :) 

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay, no problem. What would you like to use as your skip? :) 

Well, I am almost about to platinum Buff Knight Advanced(grinding for the last two trophies), so if possible I'd like to put that as my skip for this month. (Had to look over the OP to find out what you meant by skipping.) Unless there is a rule for trophy completion, that is, then I'll get back to you on that.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Just finished Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc which fits this months theme.  I believe it is also eligible for the hardcore requirement.

If possible I'd like to also count it for this challenge too:

"Complete a game because of this event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise."

As it would have sat in my backlog for a long time to come if @eigen-spacehadn't mentioned it.  It also became one of my top favorite games, so I'm happy about that and I'm eager to start the second one.

• Like 1