Undertale Coming to PS4 (and Vita).

Crzy Minus

Already played Undertale twice on PC, but I'm very happy to replay it on PS4! :)

The reason most people who haven't played it don't understand the fuss about the game, is because the presentation is (obviously) nothing to write home about, and the very things that make the game so incredibly special are all spoilers that would ruin the surprise of the moment if you knew about them beforehand (much like Zero Escape: 999, for instance). Just trust us when we say this game fucks with you and has loads of really neat ideas :D 

Also: we're in luck: The creator stated when the game released on Steam that he deliberately didn't put in Achievements, so that people wouldn't be compelled to play a certain way and would have a 100% natural experience. While I still recommend people's first playthrough be blind, I read an article in which the creator states the PS4/Vita version DOES have Trophy support, which probably means Sony forced him to include trophies. Don't let the simple look of the game fool you, though: this could be an 8/10 difficulty Platinum, depending on what they make us do: 

Spoiler

I'm mostly thinking of Undyne and Sans on the Genocide Route, of course. If getting access to the Developer's Room (which requires you to get through the entire credits without getting hit once) is a trophy, it could possibly make this an Ultra Rare platinum, since you only get one chance per playthrough and it's tough as nails (though that first thing can be mitigated by using Cloud Saves, I guess. ) There's also Hard Mode, but that ironically seems doable in comparison, if only because of its brevity.   

By the way: I wouldn't be surprised if Toby pulls something like calling the platinum trophy "You care more about trophies than actually enjoying the game." Within the game and out, he constantly repeats that he doesn't want people to do everything just because they can, and I'm pretty sure in his heart, he desperately wants some people to actually care enough about the characters to not do (or finish) a genocide run. 

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

I loved the game on PC, I really enjoyed the experience. It's one of those games, that is going to stick with you, after you complete it. I honestly didn't expect it to hop over to the PS4, but now it's coming over. Well there's no reason for me not to buy it again, I already bought Bastion, Transistor, Dust an Elysian Tail and Grim Fandango again. What's one more game? =p Now I'm really, really hoping this isn't going to be, just a port from PC to console. Sure sometimes that's all that is needed, but Undertale did have plenty of unused content, that might have been put back into the game for the console release, and maybe patched into the steam version as well. The game originally came without achievements, but I'm hoping this game will have a platinum as well as trophies.

This section is for people who played Undertale on PC already.

If you haven't played it, and do NOT want spoilers, please do not read this next part, in the spoiler.

Spoiler

So for those who have played already, you'll know most of the stuff, I talk about.

1. Hard Mode - Hopefully Toby will finish off the hard mode and finally include it, in Undertale. As far as I know, it wasn't finished, and all Toby said on the matter, was it'll be done, someday, maybe.

2. W.D. Gaster - Hopefully he'll be implemented as Toby seems to have initially desired, him to be. He's got his own official Undertale merchandise, like his own undertale tarot card, so it would be cool, if he had more involvement in the game. 

3. Include some of the cut content enemies, like Royal Guard, 3 & 4 or Doge

4. More optional bosses, I think like 90% of players missed So Sorry and Glyde is also easy to miss, if you don't know about him. So more optional bosses would be nice

5. More minigames/activities - The little golf game, where you move the snowball around outside Snowdin was fun n all, but I think we need more side-activities. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/18/first-look-at-undertale-ps4-theme-closer-look-at-physical-editions/

Undertale on PS4 & PS Vita

UndertaleFI-755x425.jpg

PHYSICAL EDITION!!! :3

The theme looks good. Quite tempted to pre-order the Digital version for the theme but I might still go with Physical one... :3

On 6/18/2017 at 1:15 AM, QuentinCle95 said:

Oh, also: can we all agree the Platinum should be called "Underwent"? 

is the game going to have trophies? I've read that the Steam one doesn't have and it was the maker's choice.

Edited by JaM

Also digital pre-orders come with this lovely Undertale-themed PS4 Dynamic Theme. Including a new music track composed by Toby Fox himself.

7 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

Any news about it including a shiny platinum?

Thophies got confirmed but no details on a platinum yet.

Usually PSN games Sony considers to be either long or quite challenging get a platinum trophy, if that's the case then Undertale will most likely have one. For one reason in particular especially..............................you might have a bad time.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 3