Kill Your Completion - CYOA

As I've said, I'm posting my expectations about my 1st game (these descriptions will be quite short, I think):

Game Nº 1 - Expectations

Lcc6887.png

What's about? As its title suggests, it's a Formula 1 (racing) game developed in 2015 featuring 2015's Season - counting Wii version launched in 2009, this is the seventh F1 game developed by Codemasters.

My expectations: Actually, I'd already played this game last year, but some glitch did not allow me to sync' some trophies achieved (happened the same with some Need for Speed trophies as well), and after some trophy milestones were messed after being able to sync' that NFS trophies, I decided to restore my PS4 without trying to sync F1 trophies again... Personally, I think F1 2014 a bit more enjoyful than F1 2015, but I'd played F1 2015 just a couple of hours... Since I did not play any F1 game almost a year ago, I think my experience about F1 2015 will be actually similar than previous versions.

My gaming plan: I will complete some Quick Races trophies before start Season Mode. If I can set Season Mode's races to 3~5 laps (I don't remember if it's possible), I will play this kind of mode all this weekend (even setting this length, probably I will not finish an entire season in a single weekend), if not, I will race at least one or two Grand Prix and probably try to finish Quick Race trophies I can. For KYC, I should also visit some other modes, like online and Time Trial (Pro Mode is not on my plans for now...).

Which grade do I think I will give to this game? I think it will be :platinum: (scoring from "hidden" to "platinum").

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I've felt burned out all week due to many changes in real life stuff, couldn't concentrate on playing through any games.

I feel excited about starting a lot of new games though, so I'm in doubt about either sneaking in some early gaming time (it's  almost 2200 here so it's nothing drastic) or just calling it a night, going to bed early so I can begin with gaming early on as well.

Hey, no rush! Get a good night's sleep. :) 

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

Hey, no rush! Get a good night's sleep. :) 

Nothing to do with rush - well, a little to do with rush as tomorrow is pretty busy - but I can't seem to concentrate on anything. Just playing a game for an hour and moving on would be the perfect remedy and I don't know what else to play tonight because nothing I can start now can be finished before the event starts.

2 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

As I've said, I'm posting my expectations about my 1st game (these descriptions will be quite short, I think):

Game Nº 1 - Expectations

Lcc6887.png

What's about? As its title suggests, it's a Formula 1 (racing) game developed in 2015 featuring 2015's Season - counting Wii version launched in 2009, this is the seventh F1 game developed by Codemasters.

My expectations: Actually, I'd already played this game last year, but some glitch did not allow me to sync' some trophies achieved (happened the same with some Need for Speed trophies as well), and after some trophy milestones were messed after being able to sync' that NFS trophies, I decided to restore my PS4 without trying to sync F1 trophies again... Personally, I think F1 2014 a bit more enjoyful than F1 2015, but I'd played F1 2015 just a couple of hours... Since I did not play any F1 game almost a year ago, I think my experience about F1 2015 will be actually similar than previous versions.

My gaming plan: I will complete some Quick Races trophies before start Season Mode. If I can set Season Mode's races to 3~5 laps (I don't remember if it's possible), I will play this kind of mode all this weekend (even setting this length, probably I will not finish an entire season in a single weekend), if not, I will race at least one or two Grand Prix and probably try to finish Quick Race trophies I can. For KYC, I should also visit some other modes, like online and Time Trial (Pro Mode is not on my plans for now...).

Which grade do I think I will give to this game? I think it will be :platinum: (scoring from "hidden" to "platinum").

Quite short? It's longer than a few full reviews I've seen in the events!

Writing expectations is a pretty cool idea, I might use it for KYC5, but since this time around I don't know what I'll be playing when, I can't really say anything in advance unless I write about every game right now.

Hmmmm... :hmm:

I don't think I'll be able to earn another trophy tonight, so here are my stats : 

356025prekyc4.jpg

I started KYC3 with 88.98%, I'm still not there yet but I'm still hoping to get past that 90%. It will be midnight in less than two hours at my place, I don't know if I'll still be awake by then but I'm looking forward to play the first game! 

Thank you @Hemiak for organizing the 4th edition of this event!

• Like 4

Soon it's 11pm over here and I just finished one game and it's unlikely that I will earn any other trophy.

@Hemiak

Here's the starting stats:

Completion rate: 72.71%

Trophies won: 8,872

Unearned trophies: 4,312 (including DLC and F-games)

Games played: 376

Games played and unearned trophies are a bit off as compared to my profile. I deleted the F-lists from some games and by accident I also deleted the one from Watch_Dogs 2. I included that game and it's trophies in the stats above.

On 30.6.2017 at 7:13 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I'd like to join if it's not too late. 

Thanks to @Crimson Idol for suggestions. 

Here is my list: 

1. Abzu

2. HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

3. Hyper Light Drifter

4. Jotun

5. Journey

6. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

7. Salt and Sanctuary

8. Sonic Generations

9. Bloodborne

10. Vanquish

It's kinda unexpected to see that you chose all of the not so story-heavy games. I hope you enjoy the selection. If not, it's not my fault. :ninja:

On 29.6.2017 at 8:58 PM, Mendant909 said:

I'm surprised that Clannad hasn't received some news regarding a port since it has a following and it's like the grandfather of modern visual novels, alongside Fate/stay night and the Ace Attorney series. Regarding Ame no Marginal, I'm guessing that's where Hyperdevotion Noire got the inspirations for its last recruitable character. Based on the synnopsis of Lucy it sounds like Chobits, which is right up my alley. Gosh damn Narcissu's premise sounds depressing but the story seems like it's uplifting despite such circumstances. Hopefully more visual novels do show up on the Vita that way Amnesia could be buried deep below the actually good visual novels. And wow, it sounds like Toma got his own game in Root Letter.

The sad thing about Clannad is that Visual Arts showed an english demo of Clannad on Vita during last year's Tokyo Game Show:

https://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-visits-tokyo-game-show-featuring-clannad-english-for-ps-vita-and-rewrite-for-ps4/

I just hope that this will be one of the games people are able to get via the asian english market.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I never have and never will require people to post official dates for their games, so that's perfectly fine. If you want to label the game groups a, b, c or whatever. Most people just prefer to do it that way. Some people (including myself) have listed one or more games at specific times and decided on the rest later. 

I'm going to start adding lists to the OP tomorrow evening. I'm just going to put the most recent list for each person. If you've made changes since your last posting ensure you repost the entire list, or edit the last one. 

Lastly, just over 24 hours foe some of you guys. /HYPE!!! 

I've been debating the past few days on whether to shit, or get off the pot, but with this news of having a wide-open timeline, I'm going to throw my hat into the ring. Can only do five games but I'll submit my list here shortly.

Many thanks for hosting again, Hemiak! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nothing to do with rush - well, a little to do with rush as tomorrow is pretty busy - but I can't seem to concentrate on anything. Just playing a game for an hour and moving on would be the perfect remedy and I don't know what else to play tonight because nothing I can start now can be finished before the event starts.

This was my situation yesterday. Has led to me just improving my completion a bit in some other games. Started with going after(and getting) The Hunt is my Mistress in Shadow of Mordor. Then I played Twisted Metal, and picked up what I could on my own. At that point, I helped Dr Mayus with a trophy in LBP Vita, and then played it for awhile for some more trophies. Planning on playing it a bit more, while watching the Cubs tonight. And finally, I started playing the Dishonored DLC I skipped. Have earned a single bronze from that. Lol.

14 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

This was my situation yesterday. Has led to me just improving my completion a bit in some other games. Started with going after(and getting) The Hunt is my Mistress in Shadow of Mordor. Then I played Twisted Metal, and picked up what I could on my own. At that point, I helped Dr Mayus with a trophy in LBP Vita, and then played it for awhile for some more trophies. Planning on playing it a bit more, while watching the Cubs tonight. And finally, I started playing the Dishonored DLC I skipped. Have earned a single bronze from that. Lol.

I could've gone for some Angry Birds chapters but in the end I just went for watching some South Park; need to get through all seasons before the new game is released.

2 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Game Nº 1 - Expectations

Lcc6887.png

Great first post! I'm so jealous of people on different time zones now , im so excited to start but Its only 4:15pm June 30st here (Mountain Time) lol..

Edited by ItsMeMartyy
only 30 days in june haha

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's kinda unexpected to see that you chose all of the not so story-heavy games. I hope you enjoy the selection. If not, it's not my fault. :ninja:

That was always my intention; I should have specified it in my original backlog post. I don't want to start a story-heavy game and then 3 hours later have to switch to another game. That's just the way I'm wired. I'm the same with TV series: if I "check out" a new-to-me show, assuming I get hooked I have to keep going. 

I'll get to the story games, like Gravity Rush 2, but I want to enjoy them "properly". 

Tomorrow (7/1) is my birthday, so starting out with a relaxing game like Abzu sounds good to me. Of course, I also have yardwork to do... homeowner duties wait for no man, birthday or not. 

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized you might have meant you were surprised to see my pick most of your suggestions. Well, they were all games I wanted to try anyway (I did buy all these games, so it's not like any of them were PS+ freebies I didn't necessarily want to play). So I just needed a little nudge in the right direction. :)

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

Just played my first hour of Yooka Laylee and it's about what I expected, a 90's style platformer with lots jumping spinning sliding and collectable hunting. The camera has been panned in reviews of the game but I haven't had any trouble thus far. My one real gripe with this game is the seriously outdated voice acting, the voice acting in this game is just stupid childish sounds bound to drive you mental, the x button to skip dialogue will be your saviour in these scenes. I understand that many games in the 90's used this style of sounds but the best games of 90's had real voice acting playtonic has been lazy in this aspect and this seriously detracts from the experience. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Spider5786 said:

Just played my first hour of Yooka Laylee and it's about what I expected, a 90's style platformer with lots jumping spinning sliding and collectable hunting. The camera has been panned in reviews of the game but I haven't had any trouble thus far. My one real gripe with this game is the seriously outdated voice acting, the voice acting in this game is just stupid childish sounds bound to drive you mental, the x button to skip dialogue will be your saviour in these scenes. I understand that many games in the 90's used this style of sounds but the best games of 90's had real voice acting playtonic has been lazy in this aspect and this seriously detracts from the experience. 

In my opinion they did everything right. Yooka-Laylee was meant as a spiritual successor to the Banjo games and as such need the gibberish voices. Such games wouldn't feel right to me with normal voice acting.

I played the beginning of Horizon but am to tiered to write much now. I'll give my first impresions tomorrow evening, when I played a bit more.

It's just past 7AM for me now - hey, early sleepy, early waky, even without an alarm.

Decided to start with Burning Rubber as it's the only set of games my brother-in-law (who will be here tomorrow to eat, watch games and help me finish the co-op in Portal 2) does not feel like seeing anything of.

I'm not checking any of the trophy lists this time around, until I want to stop playing a game and have not obtained anything yet.

I'm going Mad Riders - Blazerush - Driver: San Francisco, since I expect to enjoy Driver the most and Mad Riders the least.

4 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

In my opinion they did everything right. Yooka-Laylee was meant as a spiritual successor to the Banjo games and as such need the gibberish voices. Such games wouldn't feel right to me with normal voice acting.

I played the beginning of Horizon but am to tiered to write much now. I'll give my first impresions tomorrow evening, when I played a bit more.

I understand that, I just find the noises annoying. I also started playing my second game I am Setsuna today. Reminds me a lot of FF9 and 10, the storyline is straight out of FF10 with you having to protect a girl who is to be sacrificed when you reach the far lands, the ATB battle system seems good so far also. I won't get an opportunity to play Ps4 till tommorrow now as I am having drinks at a friends, I have my PS3 there so will probably play a bit of that.

On 6/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, ItsMeMartyy said:

I was initially going to do 15 in 31, then I kinda talked myself out of it. However, the fact that I am free this entire month I figured the only way to really participate in this event 100% was to do a 20 in 31, some games are shorter but this is the majority of unplayed games I have on my ps4 library. I just really feel that I am cheating myself if I have all this free time and don't actually use this as a 'kill your completion' challenge. If I only had 5-6 games and a free month I could probably 100% everything. 

The game I've chosen are: 

• Uncharted 1 Remastered
  • Uncharted 2 Remastered
  • Uncharted 3 Remastered
  • Journey
  • Abzu
  • God Of War 3 Remastered
  • Life Is Strange
  • Uncharted 4
  • Wolfenstein The Old Blood
  • inFamous First Light
  • The Walking Dead Season 2
  • Hitman Go
  • Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
  • Metro Redux : 2033
  • Metro Redux: Last Light
  • Rachet and Clank
  • Until Dawn 
  • Assassins Creed Black Flag
  • Resident Evil 7 
  • Yakuza 0

I haven't thought of any dates yet and I would imagine that I am going to do some games maybe 1-2 in one day like Abzu and Journey but save quite some more time for the longer games so as soon as I finish a game ill be diving into the next one rather than having each day as a set game to play ill play the game until I have played at least 10 hours up to a maximum of 3 days. The order will probably be as listed here as that's how I listed them on my Playstation folder. 

Before:
current completion: 73.68%
Games Played: 49
Completed: 22
Unearned Trophies: 720
Trophies/Day: 4.28
16 Stars 15%

• Like 1

The event is less than an hour away from starting in my area, so I'll just post my stats now.

Completion: 78.44%

Games completed/played: 174 games/272 games

Earned trophies: 8,200 trophies

Unearned trophies: 2,171 trophies

Looking at my list I have high hopes for Yakuza 3 and Resistance 3 for either game to be my #1 at the end of the month, Asura's Wrath will be my darkhorse pick to be in the top 3, and I dread if Dungeon Siege 3 or Batman: AO Blackgate end up in the same regards as El Shaddai as dull borefests.

• Like 2

Starting event stats: Completion rate = 87.03%, 454 unearned trophies. 74 / 101 completed games.

I'll be using my previously posted list and schedule, starting shortly with Life is Strange and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate.

On 2017-06-28 at 11:11 AM, Crimson Idol said:

I'm eager to hear about Axiom Verge. I heard it's a good homage to (Super) Metroid so I want to play that game one day, too. And nothing can go wrong when someone decides to add Shovel Knight to the list. But I would recommend to replace Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate. It's a really dull experience and if you want to plat it someday you have to do 3 playthroughs with little to no variety.

I heard the same regarding Axiom Verge and am looking forward to it. While I appreciate the feedback regarding Blackgate, when I downloaded it awhile ago I loaded it up to check for updates and it got posted on my profile as a big fat 0% - F, so it has got to be tackled. Besides, I'm a fan of the Arkham games and need to see how they translate to 2D and what's a review event if there is nothing to complain about, lol.

• Like 4