Trophy shame?

On 7/28/2017 at 1:00 PM, iAlphaSoldier said:

You know, I could maybe kind of understand your opinion if you had only games like Super Meat Boy or something as difficult as that on your list. But when I saw your profile just now there wasn't a single truly challenging game on there. The difficulty rating of your games are easy, a few moderate and you act like some big-shot and hardcore trophy hunter. 

So before you're calling someone else's trophy list a joke and not a real trophy hunter, look at your own list. If easy games make you laugh, you'll find plenty of funny stuff there like your Ratchet & Clank, Far Cry Primal, Rocket League or Far Cry 3 and 4. 

They are fun games except far cry primal which is why I platnium them, I simply love playing them.I have platnium every ratchet and clank except the trilogy on the vita because I don't have the vits.Yes none of mine platniums are super hard but they were fun to play and thats what gaming should be about.Playing games that you enojoy and platnium as you do that.I  however would'nt never put a game like my name is mayo on my list as its makes my profile look bad and I simply not buying a game just for trophies I'll rather buy a game for the enjoyment as well as getting the platnium.

10 hours ago, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

So is it OK to shame someone who makes $3 million, has 12 kids, a britney spears, etc. fan in your opinion?...I don't need to act like anything I just don't get your point...I'm trying to understand your perspective...this is a thread about shaming/feeling ashamed about trophy lists...why you're bringing up things like music or kids or salaries or movies is beyond me...

why am I talking specifically to you?...well, I think our dialogue started a few pages back when you starting making strange analogies and dropping words like normal and such as fact and I quoted it...

thanks to this thread we now all know, if we didn't already, that everyone hunts trophies/plays video games in a variety of manners and for different reasons...do you think it's OK to shame the people who you refer to as "different"?...and if so, why?...and a side question is: why do people who are "different" have any explaining to do?...doesn't the problem only exist to the person that defines them as "different"?...

my only goal here is to understand the mindset of someone who finds a trophy list shameful, and not hypothetically, since that is what the thread is about...

I can give you an odd analogy if you like since you seem to be into analogies...I lived in japan for 10 years...there is a whole community of people who get off to the sound of popping balloons...yes, as in like it makes them have orgasms...is there really a need to understand why this is the case or shame them for it?...not in my opinion...let them have their fun...it's not harming anyone and has nothing to do with all the "normal" people...if I'm understanding what you've said so far, and this applies particularly if you were surrounded by so-called normal people, you would want them to explain it to you and compare it to how you get off otherwise it would be safe to assume the worst?...

Dude, you are killing me! Where in any thread did I say it is okay to shame people? I was only referring to your weird obsession with words like normal and usual, cause you seem to make a profession around these terms! Paying 7 times for a game but not playing it is too different from just buying 1 game and actually play that - get that?! You can act like it's the most common thing in the world but it's not. And still, I was saying, this does NOT make it okay to shame anyone but it raises questions. What's so hard to understand about it? 

And if you want to understand the mindset of somene who finds a trophy list shameful, go look for someone who does that and stop twisting my words to make me look like I am one of them. 

Btw. people don't HAVE to explain themselves but why is asking them such a big deal? And since, games like mayo and 4k are some sort of a new phenomenon, you are interested on why some like to play these games. This community came from people who were interested in EARNING trophies. Some even call it ACHIEVEMENTS. ?

The highlighted words do not apply to these sort of games anymore, cause there is nothing to earn and nothing to achieve anymore to get trophies. This contradicts

with what many people think trophy hunting was about. Now some want the same recognition for a platinum in My Name Is Mayo as for a platinum in Catherine. 

Sure, outside of our community this stupid little digital image means nothing but within our community it does. And changes will always be discussed, cause a community lives from this kind of stuff. Finding a profile shameful is just as valid as finding a profile awesome. It always depends on how you manage to deal with these events.

Harassing people, hate posts etc. are definitely not one of them.  And I bet even in your Japanese balloon circle, the "members" wonder about a behaviour that's even more different. 

Edited by Gommes_

21 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Says the guy who has an entire YouTube channel dedicated to roasting other people's trophy lists

You would definitely be ripped to pieces in the roast. I wouldn't recommend putting your name on his list, though I admit there are a lot of 'shit' lists with very low completion percentage and barely any games completed.

21 hours ago, madbuk said:

CARLOHAS' channel isn't dedicated to roasting, he mostly does streams of him trophy hunting in games. And the roasts aren't serious, he's not KingSuperOne.

They both have a different style. They're not everybody's cup of tea and I'm sure a lot of people have been ticked off by them just by how they do their reviews.

Stay Pationt was the only guy who didn't give out a rating. It's a shame he's no longer active on Youtube, but he still trophy hunts on his account. Has a pretty good trophy list overall, so I respect him for that. Also made some very good guides on a few games, you can easily follow along because he points out the trophies you will be getting as you play.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You would definitely be ripped to pieces in the roast. I wouldn't recommend putting your name on his list, though I admit there are a lot of 'shit' lists with very low completion percentage and barely any games completed.

They both have a different style. They're not everybody's cup of tea and I'm sure a lot of people have been ticked off by them just by how they do their reviews.

Stay Pationt was the only guy who didn't give out a rating. It's a shame he's no longer active on Youtube, but he still trophy hunts on his account. Has a pretty good trophy list overall, so I respect him for that. Also made some very good guides on a few games, you can easily follow along because he points out the trophies you will be getting as you play.

That Carlo dude can rip all he wants. I once searched his channel on YouTube when I heard he did trophy related content. Once I saw he only had roasts and stuff like that on there I went and watched someone else. Wether his roasts are serious or not, I don't give content like that my views so I won't know if he ever picks my trophy list apart or not.

Stay Pationt's content is superb. He puts so much time and effort into his videos and you can tell that he genuinely wants to help fellow trophy hunters and doesn't put them down or spreads negativity like others. He also gets that there's nothing wrong with playing easy games and describes them as sort of a cleanser. When you've been grinding for days/weeks/months for a game and can put some easy stuff in between there, it's really a "holiday" from trophies.

I agree with that completly. It cost me a lot of nerves to get my first plat (Resident Evil 5) because of the shitty AI Sheva. The plat isn't rare by any means, but I was proud like crazy nonetheless. A also have other games that took quite some grinding and effort, but as soon as you have a couple of easy plats on the account, the other games seem to vanish to the eyes of some of these negative guys.

9 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

That Carlo dude can rip all he wants. I once searched his channel on YouTube when I heard he did trophy related content. Once I saw he only had roasts and stuff like that on there I went and watched someone else. Wether his roasts are serious or not, I don't give content like that my views so I won't know if he ever picks my trophy list apart or not.

Stay Pationt's content is superb. He puts so much time and effort into his videos and you can tell that he genuinely wants to help fellow trophy hunters and doesn't put them down or spreads negativity like others. He also gets that there's nothing wrong with playing easy games and describes them as sort of a cleanser. When you've been grinding for days/weeks/months for a game and can put some easy stuff in between there, it's really a "holiday" from trophies.

I agree with that completly. It cost me a lot of nerves to get my first plat (Resident Evil 5) because of the shitty AI Sheva. The plat isn't rare by any means, but I was proud like crazy nonetheless. A also have other games that took quite some grinding and effort, but as soon as you have a couple of easy plats on the account, the other games seem to vanish to the eyes of some of these negative guys.

I disagree with you whats the point of a review without a rating I guess you don't like the truth.You get too sensitive over what people think of your list.I enjoy Carloshas's content as well Kingsuperone's.Staypationt content was average, he takes forever to get to the point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

I disagree with you whats the point of a review without a rating I guess you don't like the truth.You get too sensitive over what people think of your list.I enjoy Carloshas's content as well Kingsuperone's.Staypationt content was average, he takes forever to get to the point.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you feel that way. What you're saying however, doesn't make any sense. A roast is not a review, it's just insulting people for different things in this case their trophies.

Just look at the roasts on Comedy Central or whereever it was/is on. The people there weren't reviewed they are made fun of and insulted for who they are or what they did in the past. The difference there being that it has to be done while they were present and I doubt any of those roasters you've mentioned or you would do that to my face. If you've stooped so low that you think a worthless digital image is reason enough to attack someone for it than you definitely don't have the balls to confront someone IRL.

57 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you feel that way. What you're saying however, doesn't make any sense. A roast is not a review, it's just insulting people for different things in this case their trophies.

Just look at the roasts on Comedy Central or whereever it was/is on. The people there weren't reviewed they are made fun of and insulted for who they are or what they did in the past. The difference there being that it has to be done while they were present and I doubt any of those roasters you've mentioned or you would do that to my face. If you've stooped so low that you think a worthless digital image is reason enough to attack someone for it than you definitely don't have the balls to confront someone IRL.

Carloshas does it in a nice way though he does compliment people when they complete games or have a difficulty or time consuming platinum you seem to not understand his channel.His channel is satire/comedy if you watched his videos you'll understand I'll suggest you watch more of his channel because his channel is more than roasts.In fact his channel use to have over 200 videos before he deleted them.Carloshas also puts a lot of time in his videos as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Personally I'm glad your all wasting your time on this ugly hate thread, I have managed to get 4 plats while the nastiness continues 1f600.png

Congrats on the new plats :yay:

If I could take my console to work, I'd have some more plats as well. Unfortonately, I can't do that but I can manage to sneak on this site every now and then to waste my time here ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

I'm not trying to insult you but getting easy super quick platinum suggest to me you care about more about a number of platinums you have.I don't know you as an individual but for me, ultra platinum's are more satisfying that's just my opinion.

Look man I'm sorry to call you out, but that is exactly what you are doing by prolonging this thread. Of course I care, this is a trophy hunting website, do you think I am in the minority here. I respect that you like ultra rare platinums, but why don't we just let this thread die. Start and ultra rare plat thread or something I am sure there are a lot of people like you. 

I am not sure what you want from this but the longer it goes on the more people that will be turned off from both of us. Although perhaps your like me and don't care in which case I'm happy to keep going. I always like a good argument ?

Edited by CjShai

2 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Carloshas does it in a nice way though he does compliment people when they complete games or have a difficulty or time consuming platinum you seem to not understand his channel.His channel is satire/comedy if you watched his videos you'll understand I'll suggest you watch more of his channel because his channel is more than roasts.In fact his channel use to have over 200 videos before he deleted them.Carloshas also puts a lot of time in his videos as well. 

Carlos charges money for most of his trophy roasts, Same did StayPationt back when he was active on Youtube so of course they "compliment people" for spending money.

For me it does not matter really what people have on their lists, it's each to their own and the best list out there is your own. There are of course some games that are really impressive to see on someone's list as they take either extreme amounts of time or talent but what it all comes down to is how you spend your money and time and no one else should be in charge of that then yourself.

Trophy communities on youtube and on forum threads are plentiful but it's always easier to find the bad apples as they stand out, take DSP as an example; You can search on DSP and most of your results will consist of a certain quality.

I agree with CjShai threads like this is just another example about a subject matter that does not matter, we need more positivity in the community and I don't think a thread like this is the solution.

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

I'm not trying to insult you but getting easy super quick platinum suggest to me you care about more about a number of platinums you have.I don't know you as an individual but for me, ultra platinum's are more satisfying that's just my opinion.

Eh, ultra platinum trophies are overrated.  Folks should just play what they like and shouldn't care about other folks' list.  If you like ultra platinum trophies, that's great.  What makes you think just because someone don't have hard games (that's subjective) that they didn't enjoy their games?

I'll be brutal here. There are certain games that no-one should have the platinum for. If you do, you should be ashamed because you literally played a game for no reason other than boasting on the internet that you got rewarded for wasting your own time.

The whole point of the Platinum Trophy is to give people a reason to check out all the little nooks of their favourite games. I currently have zero platinums, largely because adult life made gaming drop off massively for me after PS2 and also because I don't play online (I don't even have a PS+ account). Most of my friends have either zero platinums, or between 1-5 platinums; again mainly because of online trophies because none of us play online with randoms. We could all have 20 platinums at the end of the week if we wanted them by playing; the Telltale Games that give you platinums just for finishing them, terrible games like Magus and NCIS that can be completed in 3 hours, or easy and short point and clicks like Goosebumps: The Game, Eventide: Slavic Fable, and the Enigmatis games. There's the utterly banal games like My Name Is Mayo which is just pathetic. If you "played" this for the trophy, you should be embarrassed. The really shameful though are the grown adults, usually grown men in their 30's who play kids games like Barbie Puppy Rescue or Hannah Montana: The Game for the trophies. That's just sad and a little bit creepy. Is your time worth so little, really? Is your ego so fragile, really? I'd rather have zero platinums than have these....

Now don't get me wrong. The Telltale Games at least are apparently really good. I wouldn't know, I've not actually played them. So those wouldn't be shameful alone. But the others certainly would. If you have all the Telltale Games, Magus, NCIS, multiple Point & Clicks, multiple Kids Games, Barbie Games, Hannah Montana, and My Name Is fucking Mayo on your trophy list, you're simply pathetic. There's no other way to say it. You wasted your time and money, to attach your ego to a number of trophies that are genuinely shit. If you've then stacked trophies, getting the same trophies on PS3, PS4, and Vita; especially if it auto-stacks them through cross-play, then you're even more pathetic... Someone who has 25 platinums of shitty indie crap and the above mentioned games isn't a gamer, they're a sad a lonely person with no self-respect. So yes there are shameful trophies and I say that as someone who doesn't have a single trophy.

If you have a few Telltale Games trophies and maybe the odd kids game; maybe you played Pacman Ghostly Adventures or Megamind... that's fine. None of these are bad games, it's when it's clear someone played them only for the trophy that I think badly of them.

I'm hoping to get into trophy hunting to an extent. I want to hunt a few platinums because they're games I love and I want to finish them entirely as I'm finally getting back into gaming. Games like the Uncharted series, Alice: Madness Returns, InFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X, Remember Me, Okami HD and a few others. There are some games I'd like to Platinum but won't, like Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, The Last Of Us Remastered, etc. because of the online trophies; and others like Super Meat Boy and DmC: Devil May Cry that I'll likely never platinum because they require ungodly skill I don't possess.

The point of platinums is to feel like you've achieved something, show your appreciation for a game, feel satisfied to have mastered that game... it was never meant as a way of convincing gullible idiots to play terrible games in the hope of getting a digital trophy; but if you're stupid enough to fall for it, these crappy games with easy platinums will keep coming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurnedChipmunk said:

I'll be brutal here. There are certain games that no-one should have the platinum for. If you do, you should be ashamed because you literally played a game for no reason other than boasting on the internet that you got rewarded for wasting your own time.

The whole point of the Platinum Trophy is to give people a reason to check out all the little nooks of their favourite games. I currently have zero platinums, largely because adult life made gaming drop off massively for me after PS2 and also because I don't play online (I don't even have a PS+ account). Most of my friends have either zero platinums, or between 1-5 platinums; again mainly because of online trophies because none of us play online with randoms. We could all have 20 platinums at the end of the week if we wanted them by playing; the Telltale Games that give you platinums just for finishing them, terrible games like Magus and NCIS that can be completed in 3 hours, or easy and short point and clicks like Goosebumps: The Game, Eventide: Slavic Fable, and the Enigmatis games. There's the utterly banal games like My Name Is Mayo which is just pathetic. If you "played" this for the trophy, you should be embarrassed. The really shameful though are the grown adults, usually grown men in their 30's who play kids games like Barbie Puppy Rescue or Hannah Montana: The Game for the trophies. That's just sad and a little bit creepy. Is your time worth so little, really? Is your ego so fragile, really? I'd rather have zero platinums than have these....

Now don't get me wrong. The Telltale Games at least are apparently really good. I wouldn't know, I've not actually played them. So those wouldn't be shameful alone. But the others certainly would. If you have all the Telltale Games, Magus, NCIS, multiple Point & Clicks, multiple Kids Games, Barbie Games, Hannah Montana, and My Name Is fucking Mayo on your trophy list, you're simply pathetic. There's no other way to say it. You wasted your time and money, to attach your ego to a number of trophies that are genuinely shit. If you've then stacked trophies, getting the same trophies on PS3, PS4, and Vita; especially if it auto-stacks them through cross-play, then you're even more pathetic... Someone who has 25 platinums of shitty indie crap and the above mentioned games isn't a gamer, they're a sad a lonely person with no self-respect. So yes there are shameful trophies and I say that as someone who doesn't have a single trophy.

If you have a few Telltale Games trophies and maybe the odd kids game; maybe you played Pacman Ghostly Adventures or Megamind... that's fine. None of these are bad games, it's when it's clear someone played them only for the trophy that I think badly of them.

I'm hoping to get into trophy hunting to an extent. I want to hunt a few platinums because they're games I love and I want to finish them entirely as I'm finally getting back into gaming. Games like the Uncharted series, Alice: Madness Returns, InFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy X, Remember Me, Okami HD and a few others. There are some games I'd like to Platinum but won't, like Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, The Last Of Us Remastered, etc. because of the online trophies; and others like Super Meat Boy and DmC: Devil May Cry that I'll likely never platinum because they require ungodly skill I don't possess.

The point of platinums is to feel like you've achieved something, show your appreciation for a game, feel satisfied to have mastered that game... it was never meant as a way of convincing gullible idiots to play terrible games in the hope of getting a digital trophy; but if you're stupid enough to fall for it, these crappy games with easy platinums will keep coming.

This post sums up everything wrong with a thread like this.

I know a 9 year old that likes trophies, he got Skylanders and Snoopy Platinums so you think a nine year old is not a gamer and is lack all these qualities you speak of? That 9 year old play some of these games better then I or you would've and they are really good at it; Why are you hating on children?

There are many people over the age of 20 that play "kids games" with their kids, friends and family as well Gaming can be a social aspect and something you do with others. Not every social interaction have to be shooting each other in Call of Duty. Some games are fun with the younger audiences on the couch.

Most of the games you listed as games you are wanting to give a go at is not considered to be even close to the most "Brag rights" platinums out there for most people, there is alot of people that would shrug at Last of Us Remastered (not even the original), Second Son and Remember Me.

As I mentioned before, Lists are individual and they are your own. You play the games you want with your own money and time and no one should talk like this about others investments, it's ludicrous and you will Never be satisfied with anything.

Your argument about Double stacking is also sad.

"I'm hoping to get into trophy hunting to an extent." You should probably rethink that idea as most people will (Hopefully) disagree with you for a long time to come.

• Like 2

You're twisting my words in order to be offended, stop it. It's pathetic and only weakens your position.

I know a 9 year old that likes trophies, he got Skylanders and Snoopy Platinums so you think a nine year old is not a gamer and is lack all these qualities you speak of? That 9 year old play some of these games better then I or you would've and they are really good at it; Why are you hating on children?

Why do you insist on lying? I was never once "hating on children". How many children out there actually have multiple Telltale Games, Point & Clicks, terrible games like NCIS and Magus, My Name Is Mayo... AND their kids games on the same account? None that's how many.

If a 9 year old have trophies on Skylanders, Snoopy, and various other kids games, as well as the more banal ones like Hannah Montana and the Barbie games. That's clearly a kids account. No-one would seriously criticise that. No, it's when the same person who's boasting about getting the Platinum Trophy on Bloodborne also has the likes of Hannah Montana and My Name Is Mayo in their trophy list that I criticise them, and you fucking well know that's what I mean. Have some goddamn integrity. You've got 120 plats yourself and you don't have the games I'm criticising. Why? Because they're beneath you. You have a few Telltales sure, but no Mayo, no Hannah Montana, no Barbie... because presumably you have self respect. That's why these trophies are shameful.

Also. There are no 9 year old kids on a goddamn trophy hunting forum.

There are many people over the age of 20 that play "kids games" with their kids, friends and family as well Gaming can be a social aspect and something you do with others. Not every social interaction have to be shooting each other in Call of Duty. Some games are fun with the younger audiences on the couch.

I'm sure that's the case, and someone playing games with their kids may well have some unusual or unexpected trophies. That again isn't a bad thing, and I never said it was. It's the combination of all of them that causes me to think of someone as a sad-act gamer. It's when someone's gone through kids games, point-and-clicks, shitty indie rubbish, and notably terrible games just for platinums. You can tell the difference, or at least I can, apparently you can't. I love that you peg me as a CoD player despite me having never played a single CoD game ever, (You'd know that if you looked at my profile. Hell, you could have worked that out just from reading my posts, I don't play multiplayer and I reference multiple JRPGs and single player games).

Most of the games you listed as games you are wanting to give a go at is not considered to be even close to the most "Brag rights" platinums out there for most people, there is alot of people that would shrug at Last of Us Remastered (not even the original), Second Son and Remember Me.

Do you not listen? I made it very clear that I have no interest in getting trophies for bragging rights. I don't care about bragging to people I don't know on the internet, I want to hunt trophies for games I genuinely enjoyed because I want to get more out of those games and feel like I've finished them entirely. It's about getting the fun back I used to have in the PSOne/Dreamcast days where I'd 100% Crash Bandicoot, Spider-Man, Sonic Adventure 2, or Final Fantasy 7-9. I used to be somewhat of a completionist, but I'm not now and I want to go back to that. I doubt I'll ever top more than a dozen platinums. I don't have the time or the motivation, but I'll enjoy the ones I'm going for and can appreciate the people who get dozens of trophies and immerse themselves in these games. That's why I joined this forum.

As I mentioned before, Lists are individual and they are your own. You play the games you want with your own money and time and no one should talk like this about others investments, it's ludicrous and you will Never be satisfied with anything.

Your argument about Double stacking is also sad.

Why is it ludicrous? Why are you so offended that I scoff at people who are inflating their trophy list with what is essentially fake trophies. They require no real skill, dedication, or anything of real note. The only thing getting those trophies proves to the world is your lack of self-respect and your crippling need to gain approval from others by lording over them with your status as a trophy hunter. I'd have more respect for someone with 5 difficult, or even just normal trophies like 'InFamous: Second Son' which I know is considered fairly easy. Why? Because they're likely interesting people with some skill, who share my hobby. The people with dozens and dozens of platinums, they impress me, if they're mainly real platinums. But the person who has all the ridiculously easy platinums; they're clearly insecure. The person who has 30+ plats, but more than 20 of them are shitty indie nonsense games like My Name Is Mayo is clearly over-compensating because having half a dozen trophies in decent games didn't stroke their ego enough... and that's sad.

As for double/triple stacking. Why is that argument "sad"? Someone who artificially inflates their trophy score so they can swing around their ePeen... that's sad. Someone who criticises the person with the fragile ego isn't "sad", they're honest. Stop making baseless defensive statements. Either give me a different perspective that might actually change my mind, or don't bother. You just look like you're crying about me being mean otherwise.

"I'm hoping to get into trophy hunting to an extent." You should probably rethink that idea as most people will (Hopefully) disagree with you for a long time to come.

I doubt it somehow. Maybe they will on this forum, in which case, I'll stop posting on this forum. The vast majority of people however will likely agree with me than a 30 year old man playing 'Hannah Montana' and 'My Name Is Mayo' for the achievements is a sad loser who needs to grow up. Those who don't agree, probably are those sad losers.

Edited by BurnedChipmunk
Spelling error
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BurnedChipmunk said:

"Ill be brutal here, there are certain games that no one should have the platinum for" says who, you? Why do you care? lol you sound triggered because people play easy games for trophies. You also continue with, "you should be ashamed" but then again, who are you to tell people how to feel or what to do with their time? The only gullible idiot here is you. People who don't understand why people do what they do usually shit all over them, because it's easier that way and i bet it makes you feel like a keyboard warrior.

7 minutes ago, BurnedChipmunk said:

The people with dozens and dozens of platinums, they impress me, if they're mainly real platinums.

The subject matter of the thread that people should feel shame for buying and spending time on a game is something I'm against. If you want to rather spend money on the games you think are the absolute best in the universe then go ahead no one is stopping you and the same goes to Mr. Jack N Jackson that loves to Platinum every Disney, Lego game out there for a living.

If someone walks on this miserable place called earth and finds something they love more power to them.

And with that I'm out, posting twice in this thread was enough.

• Like 1