Trophy shame?

3 hours ago, B1rvine said:

If games didn't have trophies would you be complaining about what games other people had, you all?  Nope? Let people play what they enjoy. 

Off topic : @xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx is there ever a response you haven't written a term paper for?  lol :D

Plenty of people would.

"Sega does what Nintendon't" and all.

2 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I did Albedo US and Energy Cycle platinums yesterday no trophy shame!

Very nice man, I see you added a stack of games too. I am still on the hunt for Dreamworks Superkartz ?. I fear we are a dying breed my friend, gamers that play whatever they want, whenever they want, although why would you waste your time on that 70hr grind fest that is Dirt 4 ?

26 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Without trophies i would be more concerned for the people that play Hannah Montannah haha 1f61c.png 

You know I would have played it either way. I look forward to the day when you get to experience it ?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Very nice man, I see you added a stack of games too. I am still on the hunt for Dreamworks Superkartz 1f600.png. I fear we are a dying breed my friend, gamers that play whatever they want, whenever they want, although why would you waste your time on that 70hr grind fest that is Dirt 4 1f61c.png

You know I would have played it either way. I look forward to the day when you get to experience it 1f600.png

Yeah glad we got it atleast done almost. I'm planning to do my 225 plat for Dirt 4 to get the milestone. I think it's a cool one. For Dreamworks Super Kartz that game is rare to get, i got it for cheap around 8,50€ it's alot of fun it is the same like Madagascar Kartz but than without the couch coop trophies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Yeah glad we got it atleast done almost. I'm planning to do my 225 plat for Dirt 4 to get the milestone. I think it's a cool one. For Dreamworks Super Kartz that game is rare to get, i got it for cheap around 8,50€ it's alot of fun it is the same like Madagascar Kartz but than without the couch coop trophies.

Yes I will keep searching no rush. Dirt for 225 will be great, didn't even realise it was a milestone plat so did Dying Reborn vita for mine. Still plats name is " Reborn" so I can live with that ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

If you feel shame for any platinum/game you already completed and now it is in your account for ever why did you started that or those games? People who play games without enjoyed each games just because they will get a platinum is... strange? :hmm:

I'll stick it out sometimes, just to keep my completion percentage from dropping. I'm sure there are many that do the same. No way of really knowing if you'll regret Platinuming a game when you're just starting it. And by the time you realize, "This is terrible.. Why did I play this?" it's likely too late to simply delete the trophy list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billyc180 said:

Mate you gotta be kidding right? You actually give a flying F**K what some clowns say who take time out of their day to bitch about what trophies you earned? Dude I would strongly suggest telling these muppets to go F**K themselves. Their 'opinions' mean nothing, they don't put money in your pocket, food on your table or a roof over your head so they can stick their 'opinions' where the sun don't shine. Man don't give clowns like that the power to affect how you choose to game.

I'm of the opinion play whatever game you want when you want. If it's an easy platinum or 100% then why not do it? If your a trophy hunter then do as you please, feel no shame and don't give a F**K about anyone having a bitch at your trophy list. 

It wasn't really that it bothered me what they thought but rather the fact that an increasing amount of other trophy hunters became more judgmental and aggressive towards others for approaching trophies in a different way than them. I've gotten to know a lot of really cool people here and then those negative nancys started to become more and more vocal. That's what bothered me a bit. No matter where I went on this site, those clowns just wouldn't stop throwing insults around. 

It's a shame that some people think their opinion is so important and great that they're trying to force that on everyone else. 

But you know what? When My Name is Mayo is released in Europe in mid August (currently the plan from the devs) I will add the PS4 and Vita plat to my collection and dedicate those trophies to the idiots who told me it was cringy looking at my trophy list. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2017 at 6:19 PM, Terra said:

I'm only ashamed of Hannah Montana because that is 4 hours of the worst game I've played since Barbie Race & Ride on the PlayStation. I've put off platinuming other terrible games I own such as the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows games because I want to enjoy the games I platinum. Other than that, I'm happy with what I have. 

Hannah wasn't too bad. Just did that one for the lulz, thought it was okay for what it tried to do. I thought Barbie was worse, because it was just a total grind, doing the same shitty shit over and over and over and over.

I did DHP1, FPS games with invisibility, infinite ammo and regen health cheat... Did it need multiple playthroughs? Or was it just the same levels reused several times? :S

But I've also done Ride to Hell: Retribution, Mindjack, Get Fit with Mel B, Brink, Motionsport Adrenaline, Terminator Salvation, Get Up and Dance, Megamind, Monster High: New Ghoul in School.

59 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

But you know what? When My Name is Mayo is released in Europe in mid August (currently the plan from the devs) I will add the PS4 and Vita plat to my collection and dedicate those trophies to the idiots who told me it was cringy looking at my trophy list. 

I'm going to add Mayo to my list as well. Was wondering about making it my 250th or at least 225th. :) 

Edited by MMDE

22 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Hannah wasn't too bad. Just did that one for the lulz, thought it was okay for what it tried to do. I thought Barbie was worse, because it was just a total grind, doing the same shitty shit over and over and over and over.

I did DHP1, FPS games with invisibility, infinite ammo and regen health cheat... Did it need multiple playthroughs? Or was it just the same levels reused several times? :S

But I've also done Ride to Hell: Retribution, Mindjack, Get Fit with Mel B, Brink, Motionsport Adrenaline, Terminator Salvation, Get Up and Dance, Megamind, Monster High: New Ghoul in School.

I'm going to add Mayo to my list as well. Was wondering about making it my 250th or at least 225th. :) 

DHP1 isn't a FPS, it's a TPS, and yes they reused levels quite a bit (and you had to do 3 playthroughs).

Such a butchering of a great video game franchise... up to that point, Goblet of Fire had been the only terrible one. Then Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 come along and exclaimed "hold my beer!", and then Wonderbook came along which was even worse.

We need a Harry Potter RPG or another Harry Potter Zelda game to make up for it pls EA. I'd be happy with just another Order of the Phoenix style game, going around finding secret points, having wizard chess tournaments, playing wizard snap.

47 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I couldn't finish Ride To Hell...just plain awful. Brink was a similar case but it was enjoyable enough to hold my interest for a while but it got old. I'm curious to know since you've beaten them, but what are your opinions on Mel B, Motionsport, Megamind and Monster High? 

A couple thoughts on shaming in general that I will put here because I'm not a member of many other forums to post on, partly due to points listed below 

First, If you are going to go through life worried about what others think of you then your life is gonna suck because people as a whole are not very kind.

Second, there seems to be a growing trend of keyboard bullies out there which makes my first point sadly all the more true. Millions of people with different opinions can now easily spew their idea of right and wrong with impunity thanks to the internet. Ignore it, don't feed it or better yet just stay away from it all together. Yes, I mean the internet.  Don't post your life on there or be strong enough to deal with the feedback. 

Third, why are you gaming?  Is it to have fun, achieve trophies, pass time, challenge yourself, interact with your entertainment, or show off for others?  It shouldn't really matter to me or anyone else unless you want it to. If so, see above, you have been warned. 

Disclaimer - the above text is merely the thoughts of one uneducated small minded person and should not be taken into consideration when deciding what you want to do with your life. 

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Terra said:

I couldn't finish Ride To Hell...just plain awful. Brink was a similar case but it was enjoyable enough to hold my interest for a while but it got old. I'm curious to know since you've beaten them, but what are your opinions on Mel B, Motionsport, Megamind and Monster High? 

Ride to Hell was a pain, but it was a lot of fun too, for all the wrong reasons. But there was a couple of spots, especially one, on hard that was just frustrating. Not that hard, but not easy either.

I think I had to restart the challenges in Brink, because I got to a too high level, and the enemies got too hard. :(

Get Fat with Mel B is what I call it. You need the EU version though, the NA is actually pretty hard and definitely requiring! If you got the EU version, you don't need to use any move controllers, it's working on the "honor system", where you of course lie your ass off to her every time, tell her you did everything perfect every time, meanwhile you're sitting on your ass watching a video or something. All you need to do is just navigate a menu and press up and X once in a while, but it takes like 20 hours. I think the exercise, if you do them, they are pretty good, and it has diets and decent recipes etc. :P

Motionsport Adrenaline is one of the worst games I've played on PS3, which says a lot I guess. The platinum is unobtainable now, due to the servers going down. The game wasn't particularly hard or anything, but it advertised itself with local MP and online social features or whatever. Well, it's just like 6 shitty mini games. I think the climbing was like 2 different, very short, walls. That mode actually had 2 players. Each wall took like 10-20 seconds. That's it. I can't remember all the modes, but I remember two more. One was like a bikecycle race, which is kinda cool, but your controls were limited to selecting what lane, out of like 3 or 5 or something you would drive on to avoid hinders and you could jump. In MP mode, the frame rate dropped drastically, and even if the other player didn't do anything the entire race, he could still beat you at the end if you crashed or something, because of horrendous rubber banding. Another mode was rafting, you just sat in some raft going down a rather short path and tried to collect some coins or some shit. MP? Yeah, it had that, which was "pass the controller".... It would freeze for some few seconds after x amount of seconds, and you had to pass the controller on to the next player. :| Yeah, that's the kind of shit you did in this game. The online features? Don't think for a second it had online MP. It was more like Burnout Paradise, where you could set a record, at random, for a small part of a level, and then your friend could try to beat you. Of course I did that alone with 2 different PSN accounts. I think I maybe saw 1 or 2 other players online during my entire play of that game. The music was terribly generic licensed rock music. I think you would also "level up", earn shit, but what you got was random. :( 

Megamind is okay, rather short and easy though, not awful, but nowhere near a great game either, just "meh", not worth buying, but if you can rent it, it's a quick plat. :P

Monster High, I got this one along with Barbie. Monster High was definitely a much better game than Barbie. Monster High have you go to this big school, explore it, talk to people and help them with various stuff, mostly just look for collectibles at another place in the school. You could also buy new clothing for your character with coins you found. There was some secrets etc. It got boring, but at least it had a "decent" storyline with the characters from the show etc.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

On 28.7.2017 at 10:46 PM, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

Sorry, you're slowly losing me here..."unusual", "normal" these are such subjective terms...motive?...I want my trophy rank to be as high as possible...i earn as many trophies as I can as quickly as I possibly can...is it really so unusual?...and is it really so hard to understand the motive?...also, is your ideology the "normal" you are referring to?...that everyone must play what you define as quality games to avoid shaming?...you do see how this looks from the outside, right?...I have no idea how you're deciding that people are lying to themselves...are you their conscience?...you've got me confused here...has anyone actually said they're avoiding games they want to play or is this a misinpretation?...it seems to me that most people are saying "I play what I want to" and the reasoning behind which games they choose and how they go about playing them varies...so as we go around in circles I have to wonder if there is a middle ground where we can all say "you do your thing, I'll do mine and we can all respect each and get along despite our differences"?...this isn't unique to Internet forums it's kind of how societies function in my opinion...and we have a lovely society of gamers here...no need to shame our neighbours...often this kind of behaviour only serves to highlight our own flaws not those of the people we are judging...

Edit: to all those shaming people over a trophy collection, here's an opportunity...create an ideal list of the games that you feel are shameless ones and we'll see how many people actually fall into the category of "acceptable" by only having those games on their list...I'm guessing we'll find out the answer is few and far between...

I was referring to your example of collecting movie tickets without seeing the movie. And yes, this is far mor "unusual" than paying for a ticket and than actually see the movie. 

Having 12 kids is not as "normal" as having 2. Earning 3 millions a year is not as "normal" as making 40k. And paying for games multiple times without playing them is not as "normal" as actually playing them. Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about and stop putting so much emphasis on words like normal, usual and so on. Imagine words like "different" if it helps you.

And why do you talk about me specificly? I was never stating that this is my point of view but what I assume most people think and why trophy lists are being discussed over and over again on this forum. I also wasn't shaming on any profile. 

My only interpretation was that some people seem to avoid games due to their difficulty. That's it. Hypothetically speaking, 1000 people who are interested in games see the trailer of GTA 5 for the first time but also the one for 4k Puzzle Showdown. Do you really believe that the majority would love to play 4k Puzzle Showdown over GTA 5? Probably not. I could say that these, let's say 5% of people, who would love to play 4k... over GTA are nothing I should wonder about or I could ask for the reasons and raise questions. This can also lead to assumptions. 

And when there are profiles with only "bad" games from a quality point of view I can only imagine the reasons. I am not saying that there is only one way to asses these profiles but sometimes the easiest assumption could be the right one. Stil, that does not give someone the right to judge people but since this is a public forum it can't be prevented. And without trophies it can be doubted if these specific games would've been played in the first place. 

As I also stated in another thread, if you state that britney spears, neyo and justin bieber are the best singers in the world in a crowd full of beatles, led zeppelin and metallica fans you have to explain yourself. And that goes the other way around. It's hard to find a middle ground, cause everybody started for different reason but some are more "unusual" than others.

When trophies were implemented, games with the only purpose to give out platinums without any effort but make quick cash didn't exist. That's why we have discussions like this.

Edited by Gommes_

On 7/28/2017 at 5:03 AM, Gommes_ said:

Even worse, some buy it like 7? times, due to different region codes. That means 7 platinums without knowing the game if we assume that it is being skipped only for the purpose of getting 7 platinums. I mean, would people buy the same book or movie 7 times but only put it in their shelves without reading/watching it?

No, because that does not "reward" you with anything. A platinum used to give the impression that the player did more, than actually playing through it. This is not the case anymore and that bugs many people. 

That's because back in 2008 - 2010 people had a limited selection of PS3 games with platinums. Not every single PS3 game has a platinum. It took years for Metal Gear Solid 4 to finally get a trophy list. The first Assassins Creed game and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction STILL do not have trophies, an entire decade after their initial release. I don't know if they ever will have trophies.

Games like Resistance 2 and Warhawk required A LOT of dedication to get their platinums. I respect anybody who has either of those platinums because it shows they put a lot of effort into those games. I personally feel trophies as a whole have become easier to obtain, not just because of the sheer number of games but also because the developers have become a lot more soft when it comes to what you need to do to earn a trophy. These people, especially the OLD crowd who have been trophy hunting since 2008, seem to be bothered by this. While I can understand why, times have changed.

3 hours ago, audiopile said:

Second, there seems to be a growing trend of keyboard bullies out there which makes my first point sadly all the more true. Millions of people with different opinions can now easily spew their idea of right and wrong with impunity thanks to the internet. Ignore it, don't feed it or better yet just stay away from it all together. Yes, I mean the internet.  Don't post your life on there or be strong enough to deal with the feedback.

It's been this way since the very beginning. It was slightly more tolerable back in 1994 - 1999 because a lot less people used the internet. A lot of these jokers weren't even born yet, which tells me how young they are and how they're probably still piggy backing off of their parents income to go and be a keyboard warrior to some poor teenage kid going through severe depression.

46 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

As I also stated in another thread, if you state that britney spears, neyo and justin bieber are the best singers in the world in a crowd full of beatles, led zeppelin and metallica fans you have to explain yourself. And that goes the other way around. It's hard to find a middle ground, cause everybody started for different reason but some are more "unusual" than others.

When trophies were implemented, games with the only purpose to give out platinums without any effort but make quick cash didn't exist. That's why we have discussions like this.

You're comparing a bunch of shit pop singers to a group of legendary bands who were prominent during the 1960s - 1980s. Personally I would never even think to put those mainstream pop singer clowns in the same sentence as those rock bands who influenced a countless number of musicians and up-and-coming bands. In my opinion today's music sucks. There's various indie and underground bands that sound far better, but because they aren't attached to a famous record label, don't have that image and aren't willing to autotune just so they can attract the masses, they don't get the exposure. And that sucks.

Edited by Spaz

I'm not really sure why people keep talking about this like its a real issue. Trophy Hunting is meant to be fun and an extra thing to do while gaming, and I think its great that there is such a big community around it. But sometimes people get a bit obsessive about it with how many trophies they can earn no matter how much time and/or money they spend on it. I don't care one bit how people go for trophies, I just feel some take it too far which then leads to others feeling thats what they NEED to do to be a "good" trophy hunter. I'm always gonna get trophies how I want and always recommend others do the same, but I will say that some people seem to let trophies run there life. Do what you want, but make sure you're having fun.

Edited by CARLOHAS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, madbuk said:

Such a butchering of a great video game franchise... up to that point, Goblet of Fire had been the only terrible one. Then Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 come along and exclaimed "hold my beer!", and then Wonderbook came along which was even worse.

We need a Harry Potter RPG or another Harry Potter Zelda game to make up for it pls EA. I'd be happy with just another Order of the Phoenix style game, going around finding secret points, having wizard chess tournaments, playing wizard snap.

I wish we could have a Harry Potter game that doesn't revolve around Hogwarts. Set it before, during, or after the books/films. Just let us be a wizard who lives in that world, who has already graduated and has his own concerns; let us explore, have a big battle against a dark wizard for the last mission, and stop contorting everything important in the entire UK to revolve around that school.

5 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

I was referring to your example of collecting movie tickets without seeing the movie. And yes, this is far mor "unusual" than paying for a ticket and than actually see the movie. 

Having 12 kids is not as "normal" as having 2. Earning 3 millions a year is not as "normal" as making 40k. And paying for games multiple times without playing them is not as "normal" as actually playing them. Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about and stop putting so much emphasis on words like normal, usual and so on. Imagine words like "different" if it helps you.

And why do you talk about me specificly? I was never stating that this is my point of view but what I assume most people think and why trophy lists are being discussed over and over again on this forum. I also wasn't shaming on any profile. 

My only interpretation was that some people seem to avoid games due to their difficulty. That's it. Hypothetically speaking, 1000 people who are interested in games see the trailer of GTA 5 for the first time but also the one for 4k Puzzle Showdown. Do you really believe that the majority would love to play 4k Puzzle Showdown over GTA 5? Probably not. I could say that these, let's say 5% of people, who would love to play 4k... over GTA are nothing I should wonder about or I could ask for the reasons and raise questions. This can also lead to assumptions. 

And when there are profiles with only "bad" games from a quality point of view I can only imagine the reasons. I am not saying that there is only one way to asses these profiles but sometimes the easiest assumption could be the right one. Stil, that does not give someone the right to judge people but since this is a public forum it can't be prevented. And without trophies it can be doubted if these specific games would've been played in the first place. 

So is it OK to shame someone who makes $3 million, has 12 kids, a britney spears, etc. fan in your opinion?...I don't need to act like anything I just don't get your point...I'm trying to understand your perspective...this is a thread about shaming/feeling ashamed about trophy lists...why you're bringing up things like music or kids or salaries or movies is beyond me...

why am I talking specifically to you?...well, I think our dialogue started a few pages back when you starting making strange analogies and dropping words like normal and such as fact and I quoted it...

thanks to this thread we now all know, if we didn't already, that everyone hunts trophies/plays video games in a variety of manners and for different reasons...do you think it's OK to shame the people who you refer to as "different"?...and if so, why?...and a side question is: why do people who are "different" have any explaining to do?...doesn't the problem only exist to the person that defines them as "different"?...

my only goal here is to understand the mindset of someone who finds a trophy list shameful, and not hypothetically, since that is what the thread is about...

I can give you an odd analogy if you like since you seem to be into analogies...I lived in japan for 10 years...there is a whole community of people who get off to the sound of popping balloons...yes, as in like it makes them have orgasms...is there really a need to understand why this is the case or shame them for it?...not in my opinion...let them have their fun...it's not harming anyone and has nothing to do with all the "normal" people...if I'm understanding what you've said so far, and this applies particularly if you were surrounded by so-called normal people, you would want them to explain it to you and compare it to how you get off otherwise it would be safe to assume the worst?...

my opinion on the topic is simple and I don't think is a very difficult one to comprehend: some people play games for fun, some people play games for trophies, some do both, some do neither, and some have other reasons...the common theme is gaming...the rest is not important...this site welcomes them all...no need for false assumptions, judgements, or shaming...the latter behaviours are the problem of the person engaging in them not the ones they are targeting...yes, on the internet and in real life bully-like personalities exist but there's always some kind of flaw to their argument and a superiority complex that comes with this attitude...the "my way is right and yours is wrong" or "my way is better than yours" ideology is not unique to internet forums...more apparent?...perhaps...i know I'm being kind of hypocritical by playing this role here myself but let me ask this: which is more likely to improve the psnp community, rejection and separation or acceptance and unification?...I'm doing my best to advocate the latter through discussion...and yes, I can accept that some prefer rejection and separation...all I got...final essay on the topic...

Edited by xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CARLOHAS said:

I'm not really sure why people keep talking about this like its a real issue. Trophy Hunting is meant to be fun and an extra thing to do while gaming, and I think its great that there is such a big community around it. But sometimes people get a bit obsessive about it with how many trophies they can earn no matter how much time and/or money they spend on it. I don't care one bit how people go for trophies, I just feel some take it too far which then leads to others feeling thats what they NEED to do to be a "good" trophy hunter. I'm always gonna get trophies how I want and always recommend others do the same, but I will say that some people seem to let trophies run there life. Do what you want, but make sure you're having fun.

Says the guy who has an entire YouTube channel dedicated to roasting other people's trophy lists

25 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Says the guy who has an entire YouTube channel dedicated to roasting other people's trophy lists

CARLOHAS' channel isn't dedicated to roasting, he mostly does streams of him trophy hunting in games. And the roasts aren't serious, he's not KingSuperOne.

• Like 1