Trophy shame?

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

You're mistaken. Wipeout HD is not at all easy even with a walkthrough.

On ps3 that was an extremely hard one, but the fun I had! 

I also use walktroughs/trophy guides and why not? People write them to help other people, nothing wrong with that I guess

1 minute ago, DJ_AdruA said:

On ps3 that was an extremely hard one, but the fun I had! 

I also use walktroughs/trophy guides and why not? People write them to help other people, nothing wrong with that I guess

I never said there was a problem using them.

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

You're joking. Surely. I mean if someone puts a tonne of effort in to a game like The Last of Us Remastered which requires a minimum of 3 playthroughs and a dedication to the multiplayer, that doesn't make them a trophy hunter? But someone who can sit through a pointless grind for an ultra rare is? What kind of bullshit logic is that!?

You Got UR Platinum After A Dedication Hard Time Your Happy And Proud Of It

Later : Glitch Discovered In The Game You Can Get The Platinum In 2 Hours ?

8 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

You Got UR Platinum After A Dedication Hard Time Your Happy And Proud Of It

Later : Glitch Discovered In The Game You Can Get The Platinum In 2 Hours ?

Exactly.

People shouldn't live their lives worrying about what others think or say. You should live your life worrying that you are being true to what you feel in your heart. You should only feel ashamed of your trophies if you got them to please others and not to please yourself.

About hard games and ultra-rares, I'm just going to leave a link to another comment of mine, since I don't like to repeat myself:

It's perfectly possible to have a decent profile, that you are proud of, without having very hard games! Just play what you like and care about your games!

• Like 2

One part of me likes ultra rares. When I earn one, it feels better than earning a common.

But the reality is, difficulty is only one of the things that can make a trophy rare, and not even the most important thing. It has a lot to do with the popularity of the game, and also with how easy/inviting the game is to sample for a short time. C'mon — Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is ultra rare; that doesn't make it some badge of honor!

Eeh. All this talk about who qualifies as a trophy hunter and who doesn't. If you care about trophies and enjoy earning them, you're as much of a hunter as the guy sitting at the top of the leaderboard. Bit like a sport, really.

On 23/07/2017 at 5:42 AM, patrickogorman19 said:

asy platniums like ratchet and clank I love the franchise.But I Like having a good rarity rating.Don't why I'm the evil whitch here I said nothing wrong just a opinon that has been taken to seriously.

I think you're trying to act like a hotshot about 3 ultra rates yu have... When at least 2 of them have nothing to do with difficulty.....sports game don't attract trophy hunters they attract casual fans... And most sport games feature trophies that youd have to be actually trying to get them rather then occurring naturally... And 2nd I saw a platinum for naughty.bear which I can say from experience is one of the worst games ever made... Maybe they patched it after I played but it was laggy the scoring system was random and unbalanced and it was overall a crap game.. So I can see why not very many people got a platinum... It's great that you got them... But don't come on here acting like you're better than else thats ridiculous 

Edited by Livingstone7728
  • Like 1

I dont even bother about rarity, theres just way to much factors that influence the stat

My rarest plat (wipeout hd) isnt rare at all, its just that the game was 1 of the free ones after sony went down, a lot of people got it, played it a bit, and forgot about it or didnt like it, meaning the trophies got rarer

The ps4 version on the other hand isnt rare cause probably only the people who liked it, bought it, and platted it, meaning rarity goes down (or % goes up) 

Thats why its a stat that doesnt matter to me

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 11:44 PM, iAlphaSoldier said:

In the threads referred to above people have had the opposite opinion asking if trophy hunters are getting lazy or otherwise shaming people for their trophies. Most people seemed to luckily think that everyone should do their own thing but an alarming number of people think that other people should only have the games on their trophy list that they deem "worthy". 

I myself have gotten a handful of hate messages on PSN from trophy hunters of this very site telling me I should be ashamed of my easy games, my trophy list is cringeworthy and nice things like that. It went on to the point where I actually had to block them because ignoring them still made them send one message after the other. 

It's the main reason why I'm not going to be active on this site any longer and one of the reasons I'm switching to Xbox and keep away from achievement hunting there. 

It's very sad that we have come to this.

I have both Aab's Animals stackables, double platted My Name is Mayo and have a slew of "easy" games where all trophies were well over 50 percent earned among game owners.

It is worse on Facebook. People seem to take offense whenever someone double/triple stacks a game like The Walking Dead. So what? If they don't like that then that's their problem. That isn't going to stop me from enjoying the games.

Then you have people like CARLOHAS, KingSuperOne and Rustic Trophies sson on Youtube who take offense on people who play a slew of "easy" games.

• Like 2

am I the only one who reads a thread like this and imagines us all as old farts  in a retirement home saying stuff like "I helped thousands of people with gta iv back in the day, so there"...as we fumble to adjust our beer bottle glasses, hearing aids, and awkwardly mash ps69 controllers calling each other by our psn nicknames complaining about "kids these days don't know $hit about gaming...back in the day"..and so on...life is short and gaming can be a great hobby imo but all this stuff just seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things...I don't consider myself a trophy hunter in the sense that the way I play video games is simply a reflection of my personality...hasn't changed since I first played when I was a kid and hasn't really changed with trophies...yes, my views on gaming change (and most drastically since an anonymous online aspect was introduced many years ago) with my own personal evolution but I like to think that currently my interest in this site comes from the social media aspect combined with a community that shares the same hobby as me...video games...no better place to find like-minded people as far as I'm concerned... have met some amazing characters I would never have met otherwise and have had some cool, often thought provoking discussions I never would've had without it...and no, I can't say every post is epic or that I get along with everyone here...such is life...

threads like this are a good self reminder of what really matters to me...couldn't care less about how anyone might judge me based on my trophy list, my stamp collection (don't actually have one), my musical or artistic talent, or any other hobby I may have...I find it kind of funny that a trophy list can be so important to some that there's a need to create a separation between other people over it but to each their own...no judgements here if that's the case...we're all part of a community that tries its best to share a common interest and bring our own personal opinions based on our own experiences to the table...gotta love all the personalities around here even if we don't all get along or agree on the same things and gotta respect where everyone is at in terms of their own ever-changing state of evolution...my two cents...

Edited by xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

threads like this are a good self reminder of what really matters to me...couldn't care less about how anyone might judge me based on my trophy list, my stamp collection (don't actually have one), my musical or artistic talent, or any other hobby I may have...I find it kind of funny that a trophy list can be so important to some that there's a need to create a separation between other people over it but to each their own.

And I think it's healthy that some trophies matter more to some people. I remember when I was a kid, some of my friends and I were into football cards for about 2/3 of one summer. One guy just wanted to collect all Steve Young cards available, while another wanted to trade for an all-time dream team with the best (according to him) player at each position. Part of the fun was that not everyone valued the same card the same way. Just as part of the fun of trophies and this site is that one guy figures a plat is a plat, while another respects ultra rares or unobtainables. That's healthy. That's good. It would take away something enjoyable if there were an algorithm that gave an absolute, mathematical value for each trophy, and everyone had no choice but to agree.

• Like 3