Trophy shame?

2 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Yeah, there's an increasing part of this community that works against each other rather than together. You only belittle people and what they do in order to get some sort of satisfaction out of it. Wether those people don't have anything going on in their lives but trophies or they are just unhappy with themselves in general. A happy person doesn't have to put someone down or try to spoil something for another person that is fun to them.

There's nothing wrong with easy games and stacking them.

Gaming and sports are the two things that have always brought people together for ages and I don't get why more and more people try to devide these communities for idiotic reasons like that.

Most gave that have a platnium percentage higher than 50% I have no intreast in playing.Some of my favourite games are ultra rare therefore I'm willing to grind or become good enough at a game to platnium it.

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

Blah blah blahhhhhh, Blah Blah Blahhhhh, Blah Blah Blah Blah Blahhhh,  

Just like my Blah version of jingle bells these I hate trophy hunters for earning lots of trophies threads are becoming redundant. I couldn't care less if you have a 0.000000000000000001 percent trophy.  In fact I find it highly offensive but I don't start threads like " Why do you waste your life chasing 0.000001 " or " less than 200 plats get out ". 

Now show me the player that has lots of triple stacks and all the latest games, that's a player that interests me. Pretty much guaranteed intellect, means and most likely a good sense of humour. I am sure there are many of the ultra rare hunters on this side too, but I wouldn't mind betting none of them take part in this ongoing BS tirade that seems to solely attack anyone with a different approach or a higher rank. 

At least I don't have 800 games to complete.That would drive me insane.I don't understand why you most platnium games that 4 hour to complete where there is 20 hours that offer way more content.And yet people agree with you that triggers my mind.Why Don't people agree with me.You'll rather have a cheap platnium than playing a game that takes over 100 hours to plat.You also get more for your money.

Obviously I think anybody can trophy hunt how they please, and I would not judge someone's trophy list.

On a more personal level, I wouldn't want a game like "My name is Mayo" on my list because generally I only want to plat good games. How easy a game is, that's irrelevant to me as long as it's a good game. I won't judge people who have platted Mayo 'cause people hunt for trophies for different reasons. So, to be or not to be ashamed of a trophy, I think it's just a personal thing. 

10 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

At least I don't have 800 games to complete.That would drive me insane.I don't understand why you most platnium games that 4 hour to complete where there is 20 hours that offer way more content.And yet people agree with you that triggers my mind.Why Don't people agree with me.You'll rather have a cheap platnium than playing a game that takes over 100 hours to plat.You also get more for your money.

To be honest I think it's more than 800 ?. I don't buy this argument that because something is 100 hours it is necessarily filled with more interesting "content" but I respect your view. As for people agreeing with me, there have been at least 4 threads over the last couple of weeks on this same issue. I have read a lot of them and I am sure I am not alone, the only difference this time is I fired back at the continuous BS they are perpetuating. Play whatever you want man, I certainly do but don't be surprised when someone calls out the crap eventually.

On 23/07/2017 at 7:39 AM, Livingstone7728 said:

And tbh I think someone was bad mouthing an artifex mundi game... Which if you're not familiar I highly suggest you buy one... But my guess is he's one of those guys who uses a step by step walkthrough... Any game with a walkthrough isn't that tough.. 

He was bad mouthing an Artifex Mundi game? I want names ?

• Like 2

Even 100 hour games can have a low rarity, but it doesn´t mean you can´t have fun with them ;) It really doesn´t matter, just Play what you want and have fun.

I for my part don´t complete games twice (or haven´t yet maybe I like to Play a game again and buy it for another System ... not sure!) It´s not because it´s to cheap, I actually don´t want to put this much time in an experience I already have. There are so many games out there I´m interested in and didn´t played yet! And I Play nearly every genre of games. Some of them are Long some of them are short. I like Ultra rares but I also don´t care if it´s a common rarity if the concept of the game blow my mind. Games I get tired of will be in my Profile without a platinum and it´s okay.

Don´t stress yourself out man .. Trophies are a passiont and you define this passiont for yourself and not for anyone else. 

On 23/07/2017 at 1:10 PM, rdhight said:

One part of me likes ultra rares. When I earn one, it feels better than earning a common.

But the reality is, difficulty is only one of the things that can make a trophy rare, and not even the most important thing. It has a lot to do with the popularity of the game, and also with how easy/inviting the game is to sample for a short time. C'mon — Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is ultra rare; that doesn't make it some badge of honor!

Is that game any good? (Lovers In a Dangerous Spacetime) on PS4 or Vita?

On 7/23/2017 at 7:48 AM, DamagingRob said:

Rarity is just another means of measuring your e-peen. Nothing more. 

^^This

And some of us are doomed with OCD, which compels us to try and make our e-peen as glorious and awe-inspiring as our RL-peen. But there are definitely worse problems to have!!!?

• Like 2

Rarity is a crock of shit and always has been. I mean I have 27 UR platinums (If my counting was correct, who knows these days) The only difficult one out of them 27 though is MGR.

The rest are Cod games, sports games, games with abysmal online and a couple of ps plus games.

Why are they rare? Cause a lot of people play them. Take cod for example everyone plays that, are the majority trophy hunters? Nope

Sports games every year.  a lot of people absolutely love FIFA, majority are not hunters.

Multiplayer games that aren't as big. Take Sniper Ghost Warrior for example. Are the trophies hard? nope. Servers are dead and it's hard to stay in a game when you actually get in them.PS plus games they think they'd like but actually don't. People try games all the time all it's doing is adding more players getting tracked. Even if you just start the game, you're added and rarity goes down.

I've got some very rare trophies that were a lot harder than UR. I just don't get why people get caught up on the whole rarity thing. Don't get me wrong. Some UR are absolutely solid and the people that complete them kind of games, hats off to you.

That's why I'm not arsed about the amount of UR trophies I have, so if people judge lists on that then ?. I play games that I want to play and that's all everyone else does. If they want cheap, let them have cheap. Who am I or you to judge?

People take this shit way to seriously.

Not giving a crap about what games you play just to get as much platinums kinda reminds me on this South Park episode where being shamefully fat seems not to bother anybody anymore, since it became the norm.

People are not ashamed about their games anymore and probably never were. Heck there is a whole new market for that now (Mayo, 1000 top rated). Working for trophies is so 2012 ;) 

giphy.gif

Edited by Gommes_

I agree with everyone who said that "trophy shaming" is becoming old. I did a status update once here about trophy shaming and people were very supportive and easy-going on the matter. They're right, who cares what you play as long as you enjoy it?

And, by the way, the trophy I'm most ashamed of is Starwhal's plat, which alongside GTA Vice City hit me with the most pointless and boring grind I found in ANY game.

• Like 1

I'm only ashamed of Hannah Montana because that is 4 hours of the worst game I've played since Barbie Race & Ride on the PlayStation. I've put off platinuming other terrible games I own such as the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows games because I want to enjoy the games I platinum. Other than that, I'm happy with what I have.