ESRB rates Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, Max Payne 2, and Midnight Club 3 for PS4

Venocide

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Coming from somebody who claims to be a major GTA fan, I can finally put away my secret shame that I've never played Liberty City Stories or Vice City Stories.

Ha. I feel like VC stories is like GTA Tycoon where you take over businesses and try to make a bunch of money. (It has a story that follows Vic Vance or Lance's brother).

I played a little of LC stories and enjoyed what I did play of it (rented it back in the day). Some of the missions were really fun to play. I think there was even a mission where you have to kill a bunch of people with a chainsaw wearing a hockey mask! 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I actually recently rebeat LCS on my phone and am tackling VCS on my PSP when I'm in transit. Always thought LCS was a shitload better (and VC1 is my equal favorite game out there) but flying in VCS made it the one I played more. However, I recently found out about the helicopter glitch in LCS and I swear, the first time I ever flew over (GTA3 era) Liberty City I almost had a tear fall, it was incredible.

Anyway, joke's on you, Rockstar because you took too long with the Stories games that I've just replayed them elsewhere. And as for Midnight Club, well, I actually found my old copy that I thought I traded in of the Remix version on PS2, in addition to already having it on PSP. So I guess I'm good there too. Love you, backward compatible PS3. 

Who am I kidding, I'll be buying the Stories games yet again anyway. I bought them both on UMD in 2007 when I got my PSP. I bought them both on PS2 disc before that even. I bought the PS2 Classics versions on PS3 the second they went on sale. I bought the Android version the second it was available. I got the digi version of VCS through the PSP Go 2010 promotion, and the digi version of LCS through Plus.

Know what I'd love? An official version of the mod for Chinatown that makes it faux 3D to be released on PS4 (or anywhere really), that thing is incredible.

• Like 2

I wish other developers were as active as Rockstar on the PS2 classic scene...

I played both Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories as a kid, but I don't remember a whole lot about them. I'll probably play them at some point, but I won't be buying them at launch. I did that with the GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas, yet I've only played one of them so far. I'm glad to see Max Payne 2 is coming as well. I never played that one, but I've always wanted to.

This is great news and kudos to Rockstar for being so active in releasing their PS2 classics on PS4.

I played Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on PSP and loved them. Max Payne 2 and Midnight Club 3 are new ones for me. I've never played them.

It would be nice to see Manhunt 2 get the same treatment at some point. Hopefully in the future.

• Like 1

Excellent news! So happy they're releasing both GTA Stories and Max Payne 2... never played a Midnight Club game though, might give it a try.

I hope at least the GTA games come with a platinum trophy. Will buy them nevertheless, but the lastest R* games didn't include one (Max Payne, Red Dead Revolver and The Warriors).

Edited by leandrorhcp