Sony Rewards added rewards for trophies! (USA only)

aZombieDictator

34 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I typically take advantage of the sales that go on that give you 3x times the points. I typically only by indie games digitally since I like physical copies. Long story short, I have 10k+ points cause of it.

Nice. I've probably spent like 10k+ worth of points over 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question about this. How do you redeem the points?

Is it on the Sony Rewards site (for example click on redeem, they give you the code, done)? or

Is it on Sony Entertainment site?.

I ask this because i´m from outside US (Ecuador) and I used a VPN in order to create an user, wich I succeed, but when I tried to link my psn account with my Sony rewards account, the Sony Entertainment loggin is not working with my VPN. Also when I tried to verify my email Google or Hotmail´s sites don´t work with VPN (click on verify redirect to Sony´s site without VPN). I have a friend on the US (she´s staying for 3 months only), but she can register me, the problem is redeem the code.

Has anyone from outside US register and redeem on Sony Rewards´s site? Or at least explain how do you redeem.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 0:55 PM, aeld123 said:

Hi, I have a question about this. How do you redeem the points?

Is it on the Sony Rewards site (for example click on redeem, they give you the code, done)? or

Is it on Sony Entertainment site?.

I ask this because i´m from outside US (Ecuador) and I used a VPN in order to create an user, wich I succeed, but when I tried to link my psn account with my Sony rewards account, the Sony Entertainment loggin is not working with my VPN. Also when I tried to verify my email Google or Hotmail´s sites don´t work with VPN (click on verify redirect to Sony´s site without VPN). I have a friend on the US (she´s staying for 3 months only), but she can register me, the problem is redeem the code.

Has anyone from outside US register and redeem on Sony Rewards´s site? Or at least explain how do you redeem.

Can't help with your VPN, but I can answer your first question. You redeem rewards on the Sony rewards site- you have to browse the catalog, select the reward, and go through a typical check out process. The code is then emailed to you.

This can work outside U.S? Using VPN and making a new account?
Example: I create an USA account, register in Sony Rewards (Via VPN or a friend in USA) later do 10 easy plats (Energy Cycle, Mayo, etc) and Claim the 10$ code (Again, Via VPN or a friend) 
It could work?

19 minutes ago, XH0NZX said:

This can work outside U.S? Using VPN and making a new account?
Example: I create an USA account, register in Sony Rewards (Via VPN or a friend in USA) later do 10 easy plats (Energy Cycle, Mayo, etc) and Claim the 10$ code (Again, Via VPN or a friend) 
It could work?

You can register via VPN outside of USA.

You cant redeem codes via VPN outside of USA, because Sony rewards  -"We cannot complete the transaction."-

10 minutes ago, Xensid02 said:

You can register via VPN outside of USA.

You cant redeem codes via VPN outside of USA, because Sony rewards  -"We cannot complete the transaction."-

So technically if i give the email and password to a friend in U.S he can claim the reward instead of me?

4 minutes ago, XH0NZX said:

So technically if i give the email and password to a friend in U.S he can claim the reward instead of me?

I tried that and it doesn't work either. I think they know the isp that is associated with the ps4 that is getting the plats. They did access the site once with a vpn and maybe that one time was enough to screw it or maybe they recognize it through the ps4. Who knows honestly. If you try that I would have a person from USA create the account and everything and you just play games and never access the site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a great problem with my account. I've never had a secret answer before, so I don't know WTF is this favorite song. ?

1kfYDtB.jpg

Unfortunately I can not call them from where I am now. Can you solve this by email? Do they send me an email to reset this question?

If I could count on and trust someone who lived in the US to do it for me, that would be great.?

I am outside US but able to redeem reward.

I use the real US address. the key is to give legit address in US. I use my friend US address but tweak a bit at phone number and house number.( these 2 numbers the system can't check if it's true) if you are using fake US address it can't complete the transaction.

Use US VPN all the way and it should be fine.

Edited by FielVeredus

18 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

I am outside US but able to redeem reward.

I have tried with infinite legit US addresses and nothing. Would you care to go more in detail?
like the VPN you are using and if you put the same address in your sonyrewards account and PSN account.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, tlal_q8_22 said:

I try NordVPN and its work for me 

It works for you? I have NordVPN and I went on the site to redeem 1000 points for $10 PSN card. But I kept having issues at the check out with it saying it couldn't complete the transaction. Finally I called them up to see what the issue was and they said I was banned for 30 days for trying to buy something while connected to a VPN. 

I wasn't trying to get by on anything...I usually turn the VPN off after I finish my downloads, but I had forgotten it was on at that point, didn't think anything of it. They still put my order through, but I had to wait the full 30 days to make another redemption, and of course make sure my VPN is off whenever I go on there.

So for it to work for you is odd...because according to them, it was a semi-new feature they put in place to prevent people not in the US using a VPN to trick their servers into thinking they are. 

• 3 months later...