Help me understand Why some Trophy Hunters feel its fine to marginalise players with alot of Plats

AffectatiousDonk

My response is going to be similar to others above me since I personally don't care as long as the trophy hunter in question is having fun and enjoying what they are doing. I have a few spam titles on my list myself, such as the "Word Search by POWGI" game which is easy but I had a blast playing the game in co-op with others and having mini-competitions to see who could get the most words each game we played. Sometimes you just need to have a break from a more difficult/grindy platinum you are working on! ?

3 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

I love you too. ?

Btw. how can so many people be so annoyed by a thread? Last time I've checked this is a forum where nerds discuss nerdy stuff. And not everybody is here since day 1 and probably never stated his or her opinions on certain topics.

I dont know, but apparently it was a huge debate with several threads a year ago, and itll probably turn into that again because people cant have their opinions challenged or questioned without being insulted and/or lobbing insults at others.

You necroed it, hope you got some popcorn

• Like 2

I would presume I'm a trophy spammer as I have Sound Shapes 3 times and Mayo twice? I don't really care. I have easy grind games that take hundreds of hours to complete, but don't generally like games that take too much effort. I play games to relax these days, not to challenge myself (maybe it would have been different when I was younger and thought myself important and immortal). What does it matter if someone thinks you're a spammer? Just means they have an inflated sense of their own importance as far as I'm concerned. 

51 minutes ago, Veris-Luna said:

Im new to this trophy hunting world, new born baby in fact, but I enjoy looking at all these peoples hard work.  Not because I want to compare myself but to see how someone can do some of things that they have accomplished.  I have noticed on here the top people do have a ton of plats.  Mad props to you.  What I do find puzzling about all of this is why someone gets 4 copies of certain plats for.  Anybody that enjoys a game that much can always just replay one.  The only thing that I can come up with is to increase the trophy count, which honestly in my opinion makes no sense to me.

Veris, the ones that complete region stacks are generally just doing it it add more trophies to their total count. Sometimes they complete 1 region normally and then attempt speed run records with the other regions while the game is still fresh for them.  Others, like sound shapes, only need 1 legitimate completion, and then their save data can be used to auto pop the other regions, adding more trophies to their overall count with much less effort

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veris-Luna said:

What I do find puzzling about all of this is why someone gets 4 copies of certain plats for.  Anybody that enjoys a game that much can always just replay one.  The only thing that I can come up with is to increase the trophy count, which honestly in my opinion makes no sense to me.

I sometimes like to replay games after a while  when i enjoy them, its always a bit more support for the devs as well. Also gotta get those stacks. ;) 

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

As long as the 'spam hunters' don't boast about being the best, then it is fine in my opinion. I don't care about what someone plays, that decision is to you. But if someone boasts about having a lot of platinums, and how he is the best etc, then you do not deserve any respect.

Why would anyone care what other games people play. I don't get who would be offended by other people's trophy lists. The only trophies/games you need to think about are your own, everybody else's are irrelevant.

It seems like nowadays people are just queuing up to be offended or triggered.

Have a look at my trophy list. Impressed or unimpressed, either way don't tell me cause I don't give a shit.

• Like 1

If you came this far to make an account and have posted on the forums a few times, then you've already done more than most people ever will.

I think to some degree everybody who comes here on a regular basis and posts every now and then does care a little. You care about your account, your progress, the games you have done and the games you look forward to playing and completing on your profile.

I will admire and maybe even mention good job on a platinum, or your profile with how I see fit. But at the end of the day I don't really care about anyone else's account but mine. And right now I'm happy with where I'm at.

Arguing over trophies over in the Disputes forum, and having a certain top trophy hunter make a big fuss and bitch about a game that is multiplayer focused, that's taking things too far. All I see out of that subforum is drama. What I've seen on this topic is nothing compared to what I've seen on other forums, where people go on long tirades that last for several pages until finally a moderator steps in to stop the flame war.

Play the games you want, when you want, and worry about yourself. You can't change other's opinions, and I found that out the hard way.

• Like 2

Wait, so "spam trophy hunters" is a thing? Someone who stacks trophies and/or has a lot of easy trophies is a spam trophy hunter? ?

Maybe I am such a hunter? ? I have platted god of war 3 on ps3 and ps4. Awesome game and didn't mind playing it multiple times tbh. 

And darksiders 1&2 on ps3 and ps4. Also because of the enjoyment of the game. (Super hyped for darksiders 3 btw) 

I also have several easy ones, mostly free ones(ps plus).

And I'm about to play some easier games. Some more easy relaxing games are definitely needed after the hard Motherf***ing wolfenstein 2 100% completion. 

But then again, define easy for me? ?There is moslty no relation between rarity and difficulty, if there is one... then the game is just THAT difficult or THAT easy. 

I just don't get it I guess.. 

35 minutes ago, Emillius-Maximus said:

Wait, so "spam trophy hunters" is a thing? Someone who stacks trophies and/or has a lot of easy trophies is a spam trophy hunter? 1f914.png

Maybe I am such a hunter? 1f914.png I have platted god of war 3 on ps3 and ps4. Awesome game and didn't mind playing it multiple times tbh. 

And darksiders 1&2 on ps3 and ps4. Also because of the enjoyment of the game. (Super hyped for darksiders 3 btw) 

I also have several easy ones, mostly free ones(ps plus).

And I'm about to play some easier games. Some more easy relaxing games are definitely needed after the hard Motherf***ing wolfenstein 2 100% completion. 

But then again, define easy for me? 1f914.pngThere is moslty no relation between rarity and difficulty, if there is one... then the game is just THAT difficult or THAT easy. 

I just don't get it I guess.. 

If I'm not mistaken, I think this applies more towards people who buy a ton of visual novels and just use a guide to blow through them in rapid succession.  I could be totally wrong though, who knows.  This whole thing is stupid 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think this applies more towards people who buy a ton of visual novels and just use a guide to blow through them in rapid succession.  I could be totally wrong though, who knows.  This whole thing is stupid 

I guess it is stupid

Edited by Emillius-Maximus

13 hours ago, captainskyhawk said:

Why would anyone care what other games people play. I don't get who would be offended by other people's trophy lists. The only trophies/games you need to think about are your own, everybody else's are irrelevant.

It seems like nowadays people are just queuing up to be offended or triggered.

Have a look at my trophy list. Impressed or unimpressed, either way don't tell me cause I don't give a shit.

And since you don't give a shit you put your gamercard in your signature.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Even though I had a productive conversation with @Cjshai in this thread....

For once, I'm in agreement with Phil.  This thread should be closed.

Gommes_ what were you thinking???

It caught my attention, I didn't state anything regarding the topic so I wrote something. Screw me, answering a thread in a forum.

8 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

And since you don't give a shit you put your gamercard in your signature.

Lol, never saw it from that perspective, but to be fair, I do like looking at other people's gamer cards, seeing what other people are upto, just out of curiosity, but I don't judge them. Is that a better way of wording it.

• Like 3

It feels like the majority of posts with likes in this are ones saying "I don't care what others think about my profile / don't care about other peoples profiles" as well as "let people play what they want who cares". That's fairly obvious, no? It feels like a strawman argument to say there is a conglomerate of elitist trophy hunters looking down on people with tons of easy games on their profile. Maybe I'm the only one who does this, but I 100% clicked through like 30 profiles on here just to see where they were coming from. Some had a ridiculous 60%+ rarity and it's like ah... that makes sense. Many are in the typical 40-50% range where they have tough games but have also spammed some crap games like Mayo, Sound Shapes, etc...

I like to go through profiles. Occasionally I find some really cool ones and think, "damn that's neat". If an account has tons of easy plats I'm more likely to click off sooner since it's very common. That's about my extent of caring.  I don't think I have ever had a specific account weigh on my mind, ever, and certainly not in cases of "wow this guy just buys his trophies". 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

It caught my attention, I didn't state anything regarding the topic so I wrote something. Screw me, answering a thread in a forum.

It's not that you posted in a thread in a forum, it's that you posted in a useless thread that had already died. Since you were the one that brought this pile of shit back to life, have one of these...

oYXMI6a.gif

• Like 1