Digital Flash Sale (EU)

dermarx

My recommends:

• The Witness - if you are even slightly interested in logic puzzles you need this game. It's worth the full £30 normal retail price, so this is a steal. 
  • Virginia - A weird one, but for those who like interesting, arty experiences, this "walking simulator" is an easy 3-4 hour platinum and great at this price. 
  • The Bunker - same as Virginia really, an interesting, slightly terrifying story. I've seen it cheaper though, so maybe hold on. 
  • Coffin Dodgers - silly, kart racing game but a quick and easy platinum. At this price it's worth it for an evening's karting fun. 
  • Stories: Path of Destinies - I really enjoyed my time with this game. It can get a little grindey going through the 20+ possible endings to the game for the platinum, but there is a joy to be had in seeing how all the different branching paths end up. Definitely worth this price!
  • Infinity Runner - I had a lot of fun with this simple first-person infinite runner game, which has both a campaign and an infinite mode. A slightly challenging, in parts, platinum, worth taking a look at this price. 

My temptations (any comments on these would be appreciated)

• Sexy Brutale - I have heard good things. Can anyone comment on the difficulty level of the game or the Plat, or generally whether they enjoyed it?
  • Bridge Constructor - I have also heard good things here. Apparently it is also a fairly easy platinum. Can anyone comment on the game generally?
  • Flame in the Flood - I have heard good things about this, but don't really understand what it is. Can anyone comment on genre of game and mechanics? What's the plat like? 

Anything else someone would recommend? 

7 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

My temptations (any comments on these would be appreciated)

• Sexy Brutale - I have heard good things. Can anyone comment on the difficulty level of the game or the Plat, or generally whether they enjoyed it?
  • Bridge Constructor - I have also heard good things here. Apparently it is also a fairly easy platinum. Can anyone comment on the game generally?
  • Flame in the Flood - I have heard good things about this, but don't really understand what it is. Can anyone comment on genre of game and mechanics? What's the plat like? 

Sexy Brutale is a great game. It uses the same time mechanic as Majora's Mask and others where you play through a day, rewind and repeat. In this case you're trying to stop murders from happening all over a mansion. You could easily get the platinum in a day if you used a guide but it's best to run through blind first because there's a lot of stuff a guide would miss out on. It's just fun to run around seeing what happens.

Bridge Constructor is only easy if you use a guide and even then it's a lot of hours of fiddly placement of parts. Without a guide it can get incredibly frustrating and there's a lot of trial and error. Still, if you find it fun to mess around seeing what happens with vehicles as they get flung around dangerously built bridges then pick it up. Personally I found it fun enough to play again even though I finished it on steam.

As for myself, I might pick up Another World to replay it for trophies (only ever played it on Amiga) and I'm considering Blackwood Crossing or Seasons After Fall for a quick platinum in-between longer games. During the Black Friday deals I picked up Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn so they're going to keep me busy after I finish up Dragon Quest Heroes.

• Like 1

I was just thinking “boy i hope Momodora’s gonna be on sale pretty soon” the other day and here it is, most likely gonna pick that up. Abzu has also been on my wishlist for a pretty long time so maybe i’ll get that too.