Assassin's Creed Rogue Coming to Next Gen Consoles

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

He refers to the following gen after PS3/X360.

On topic: Come on man! It was a cool PS3/360 gen exclusive

it's still considered current gen as we still live on its days, next generation is supposed to be the thing we're waiting for to come in the future.

sorry I didn't talk about this topic as both of my post is off topic.

2 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Now we just need AC 1 and AC3 to have a ps4 port, keen to platinum every AC game eventually.

I ended up getting a X360 to get AC1 achievements because I don't see a remaster comming at all.

I would like it to come to PS4, but Ubisoft ignored AC1 when they released Ezzio collcection. They could have called it AC Collection and remaster the first game too.

Enjoy buying it again, guys.

Meanwhile in the camp of people who have multiple consoles, it's been available on current gen for almost a year 

http://twinfinite.net/2017/02/assassins-creed-rogue-added-to-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility/

• Like 1

I hope so. I have been waiting quite a while to play it. Make sense too because Ubisoft axed the yearly AC, this would be a good game to put out in 2018 with a new AC in 2019-2020. Rouge would a pretty easy port, I am surprised they haven't done it already. All the high resolution textures and 'next-gen' upgrades are in the PC version already so it would be a matter of scaling it down for PS4 and Pro.

I liked AC1 but I can't see it being 'remastered' without an overhaul in how the game plays, period. People wouldn't be happy to try and jump in the water out of instinct, only to die. We have been able to swim in AC games for 8 years now.

Edited by skateak

Rogue is one of the best in the series in my opinion. Shay is fantastic. Lots of connections to AC3, 4, and Unity. I would love to play this again.

5 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

If this turns out true, then we'll most likely also see ACIII and AC 1 on PS4, because then really all AC games will be available on PS4. I can see it happening actually.

AC1 would be amazing to have trophies. Also I just miss the game in general.

Edited by Zach

17 hours ago, Zach said:

AC1 would be amazing to have trophies. Also I just miss the game in general.

I personally found AC1 to be pretty uninteresting (atleast inside the animus), but yeah, I'd still also like to see it coming to PS4, just for it to finally have some trophies.

I would want a PS4 version of AC1 for 3 things
1st: trophies, I would love to add them to my collection since they existed on Xbox already
2nd: graphical and performance upgrades, it would look and perform better than on PS3 so yay
3rd: physical copy, I want it in my collection, sure I can get the PS3 version but if they do make a PS4 version with all the bells and whistles then I would rather take that one

now on topic of Rogue, love the game, love Shay ("I make my own luck."), but I can never get behind the Templar ideology, it just doesn't fit me, so I could never be truly invested in his cause

I'm not too bothered whether or not the original game gets the remastered treatment, because it really wasn't that great. Not as bad as some people have claimed, but not great. I would only play it again for the possibility to plat the entire series. I would however like to see ACIII get remastered. I really liked the game despite a lot of people hating it. Likewise, I'm the opposite to a lot of people when it comes to Rogue, I didn't like it all that much. Just found it hard to get into, I didn't find it overly enjoyable and by the time I platted it, I was bored stiff. It's the only AC game to date I haven't been able to get hooked on.

Hopefully Ubi will release a remastered ACIII, maybe next year so I can get my yearly AC fix, that's if they decide to take another sabbatical between Origins and the next AC project. I won't be able to wait until 2019 to play another AC :P 

I wouldn't buy Rogue again. While I enjoyed the game, it also had, some of the most tedious collectables in the series, designed solely to stretch out the experience. That and Shay's turn to the Templars felt contrived and rushed. It did however, leave me wanting to play another AC series game, from the POV of another Templar. Hopefully we'll get to see that, someday.

• 1 month later...