Post your newest 100%

Aexuz

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Last of Us for PS3. I earned the platinum and all the multiplayer trophies quite a ways back but didn't do grounded mode due to having finished it not that long ago on the PS4. Didn't really want to play the game 4 times back to back so I put it off for about 3 years. But every time I looked at my trophy list and saw that incomplete game it bothered me ?. So this past weekend I finally delivered and knocked out both grounded and grounded + in three days. Only 59 games left incomplete in my backlog and unfortunately at least 7 of them cannot be done due to servers being shut down or content no longer available.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Marvel's Spider-Man DLC

Don't feel like doing NG+ or Ultimate right now so I'll talk about the DLC now so I don't forget. It's 100% for the dlc list at least.

CTNS: The Heist

L4f1a85.png

It was meh. Felt really short, but since i haven't played the main game in while it felt nice to do the crimes and stuff just to get to swinging around more. Screwball is annoying as hell, and I hate her and hope she falls in acid and disappears forever. Story was okay I guess, but something about that Black Cat design just bugs me. But then I don't like most of the character's faces in the game in general. Plus I know a pretty crappy person wrote on it. Which is why a certain JJJ dialog didn't really surprise me.

Spoiler

At some point he complains on his show that there was a male Black Cat before her and says something like, "Why does everything get rebooted with a female?" It was really pointed and cringe. Particularly given the game's overall aversion to fighting any female enemies. So stunning and brave.

I found the sidequest with the police officer turning out to be her father/former Black Cat, so painfully obvious. Spider-Man needs to be a bit less gullible.

CTNS: Turf Wars

L667ebe.png

I like Yuri in this, adds a bit more to her character. And the story picked up here, but man I didn't really enjoy the missions that much other than the opening level. Screwball's stupid stealth missions were painfully unfun. And she's even more annoying than ever.

CTNS: Silver Lining

L3f92bd.png

Sable is a bit more interesting in this than I remember in the main game, and

Spoiler

you actually get to fight her, even if it's still a bit ridiculous for a person who as far as I know is just... a regular person, can keep up with Spider-Man to that level. But at least you get to land hits on her, unlike Uncharted 4's first Nadine fight. And then her handling two men like nothing. And I liked that she gave Spidey a high five and reluctantly opened up even just a bit to him. I don't remember much about the original story, but I do remember feeling like this character was under utilized. And looking up some discussion on her/the game to get a bit of a refresher I do see other people mirroring that, particularly how she just switches her opinion on Spidey on a dime.

It's a bit silly to even have Black Cat in this honestly, she appears then goes away almost entirely to just go "I'm alive." We all knew that anyway. I mean, Peter told her it was a trap. I don't think she'd go get herself blown up on purpose.

And I really liked where they're going with Yuri. And I didn't mind those side missions as they were a nice shake up compared to "do more crimes, do more bases, be annoyed by tedious filler". Honestly if some of the bases were instead actual stealth missions to get through unseen, or built like short levels they wouldn't be so annoying. But they're literally all the same and while you can stealth the first part, the rest of the waves are just fight until the end. It's just tedious.

Another stupid line to me was MJ saying that Hammerhead's men "feared" Sable because she's a strong woman... I think it had more to do with the fact she's trying to stop them than anything, but sure. I guess they try to stop Spider-Man because they're afraid of strong men too. Goofy line.

Screwball is just as annoying as ever. And extremely disappointed with the resolution of that tedious bullshit.

Spoiler

I don't even get to punch her in the face. I cannot stand this character. She's not fun to hate, she's just annoying as hell. And Peter acting like it's social media's fault for her being a psychopath/sociopath? I'm not here for that Pete. Sorry. Stop trying to redeem this turd of a character. And how does some rando hacker meme queen outrun Spider-Man? That final part was so fucking annoying, my god. Made me hate her even more and I already hated her. I got lucky on my successful run, got in front of her and above her so I could take out the drones and capture her in one fell swoop, and that was the same run where Spider-Man was choosing to slowly climb up a wall by pulling himself up like a normal person. I don't think I'd ever seen that animation before then, I didn't even know he could climb up something so slowly until she was getting away from me. D:<

All in all, I think the DLC is overpriced and in general too full of padding. They could have cut out the good side content and put it in the main game, and the main story thread between the three should have just been a side mission in the main game. Particularly given how underdeveloped Sable was (from what I recall and read). And I think it's kind of annoying they sold this as 3 DLCs when the story is linear between all three... if they wanted to rip it out of the game they should have had it be one DLC, not three. And it should've been no more than $10 for it. [that's scrapping tons of the filler crimes, etc.]

I definitely want to play the main game again, but those crimes and bases really took it out of me. There were just way too many so I need a break. Hopefully not so long that I forget entirely about gadgets and how to play the game.

Spoiler

I did like a lot of the banter between MJ and Peter overall, and I enjoyed Miles in this and the build up to him officially training. Even if one of the calls got interrupted while I was doing tedious crimes.

• Like 1

Jurassic World Evolution 100%

L53a3e4.png

Good game, had a lot of fun with it when I platinumed it last year. Still managed to have fun with the dlc trophies, well, most of it anyway. Dr. Wu dlc and Claire's Sanctuary added new and interesting things to the game, and Return To Jurassic Park gave me a huge nostalgia boner as a long time Jurassic Park fan. The part that sucked was completing the trophies for the challenges. Challenge mode is not fun, or well thought out, or even fair, especially not on Jurassic Difficulty. Was it really hard to do? No, but it was really damn annoying with these constant contracts popping up and all the reloading required to even make it possible after an insanely dumb contract or storm was basically ruining your game to the point of no return without reloading. I do not understand why so many games have annoying or bad dlc trophies, but at least here it did not hurt the game too much because it had a solid foundation. Glad to be back at 100% on this game, now onto the last two games to finally get my profile back to 100% as well.

• Like 1

L07c63f.png

Dauntless

This...is both a very fun and very frustrating game. Think Monster Hunter, but focused only on crafting gear and knowing how to dodge giant monsters. It has it's own flavor and I highly recommend it. It's also cross-platform, so I could play it on other hardware and it'll still count for your overall progress on the PSN. I found the Switch version played particularly well.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 2

La18b6a.png

My first (besides MW2 and Classic) Call of Dity finished with every single DLC. I love Black Ops and I'm a huge CoD fan but since I live in a post Soviet country with cheap currency, buying CoD Season Pass was always too expensive for me. To put it into perspective, as a weekend working college student, to buy a single CoD season pass I'd have to save up all month after paying for rent, food etc. So no wonder up until recently I was okay with going for just a platinum in every CoD. But since my situation has changed for better, now I can happily go for every CoD 100%! I will be doing World at War and MW3 soon, then BO2 and maybe AW since I have dlc on ps3 as well, and then I will be focusing on every PS4 CoD. 

• Like 3

jqdOCOo.png

It feels good to finally have 100% for Skate 3! The Skate series is one of my favourites, finally decided to shell out for the DLC after getting the platinum in 2014. I actually bought the DLC last week and then realised my copy of Skate 3 was missing so I had to buy a new one off Ebay haha. So excited for the new Skate to come out! Would love them to bring out a Skate collection in the mean time to tide us over. 

• Like 1

Marvel's Spider-Man

New Game +

L1398d7.png

Obviously wasn't planning to do the NG+ and.. whatever difficulty (don't feel like checking what ti's called, Superior?) but after a few days after I did the DLC, I felt like playing some more. And I only started getting annoyed around the end, mostly thanks to the darn stealth sections. I do like a few of them but they aren't really that fun to replay. I really wish they let you skip them on NG+ like you could skip Clank puzzles in A Crack in Time on Challenge Mode (NG+). Luckily you can go into settings to enable the ability to skip the puzzles, and to skip [most] QTEs. I really wish QTEs would just go away in all games. They aren't fun at all to me. For some reason some don't get skipped though it felt pretty random when it would shop back up again.

This is a great game, but I personally think it's a bit overrated. I mean a lot of things that people cite as great in this were in The Amazing Spider-Man game, but I loved that game too so maybe I'm a bit biased. It gets a bad rap. The high points of this are way higher than TAS so I don't mind people love this more, it has a much better story. And aside from Silver Sable, they managed to balance so many characters pretty damn well. I did skip the side-content as I just didn't feel like doing them again.

I'm really looking forward to Miles and eventual Spider-Man 2 [I'd love if it had co-op some how... that could be amazing]. Hoping for some more variety in missions, crimes, and hopefully more freedom in things like bases. Only being able to stealth one wave makes it kind of pointless. And it'd be nice if you just had to stealth move through some that were designed more like actual levels than just some open arena to fight people in. It would spice things up.

I'm happy to have this at 100% now. Not sure why it took me so long. But that's how I do lol

• Like 2

I got the 100% in Steep this evening.  Out of the three DLC trophy packs the Extreme one is definitely the toughest.  There are two trophies here which are a bit tricky, one where you have to achieve 5 gold medals in Extreme events and another for getting 10.  I was mainly doing all the DLC's early last month and back then I couldn't get a single one of these gold medals.  Played the base game a lot since then though and after getting the platinum last night I went back to the Extreme DLC today.  This time I was as able to get the remaining 2 trophies done for the 100% without too much trouble. I guess I improved a lot over the course of the last few weeks.    

Edited by PondNewt
  • Like 2

L7ab5b7.png

A nice, short puzzle game to go after, and it is free for PS Now subscribers!

I completed it in 55 minutes and 59 seconds, after some careful planning. I actually completed it 2 times before that, so my real playtime is closer to the 5 hours mark xD

I'm leaving the link to my video guide, just in case you wanna beat my fastest achievers time! ;) I dare you! :P

https://youtu.be/MGC6ptlKxfs

• Like 2

L113415.png

This took a while! I'm glad to say that the Hitman series has made a glorious return to form after Absolution. I still remember the first time I ever played the Mardi Gras mission in Blood Money, and marveled at the huge number of NPCs on screen, thinking to myself "this is just a taste of what future Hitman titles on better hardware will be like."

Indeed, that has come to pass in the impressive 2016 and 2018 games, the first two installments of the "soft reboot" trilogy. Most of the gorgeous locations are massive sandboxes, filled with hundreds of characters (many of which interact in complex ways), and innumerable methods for 47 to eliminate his targets. Sometimes it feels overdone, and I'd have preferred to see a few more of the smaller, focused maps, but I can't say I disliked a single mission. Experimenting in these intricately designed levels never really gets old.

I do, however, miss the much darker tone of Silent Assassin and Contracts. The latest games are basically a comedy at times, filled with goofy dialogue, wacky assassinations, and utterly absurd disguises that broke my immersion—there's no way 47 should be able to convincingly imitate a well-known Indian barber, for instance. In any case, I still squeezed tons of fun out of the 16 levels on offer, and look forward to doing it all over again in Hitman 3. 

Screenshot:

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 3