The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

On 12/9/2023 at 12:31 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

Man, I love Kuzco. And Kronk. Oh, and Yzma. Both the movie and the show were great.

Same, can't believe I waited like 15 years to see it once again, but, my god, the movie is amazing. Might need to rewatch a lot of old Disney movies because of that lol.

• Like 2

Silent Night (2023 film) - Wikipedia

Amazing film, it has many John woo moments by being over the top, its interesting because it goes from low to high over the film, and its great how they explain and work with characters, a very simple film, but its nothing like john wick, this is a more "dirty and somewhat realistic" aproach to action films, and thats not a bad thing, Joel Kinnaman does a great job and the film goes really fast, and there are some great moments, and yes, it can be considered a xmas movie

• Like 3

Recently I’ve watched: 

Chicken Run - rewatched this in anticipation of the new sequel. This still stands up despite being a crazy 23 years old!!

The Unlikely Pilgramige of Harold Fry - a bit of a depressing movie I thought. The novel is a lot better

Tetris - unsure how accurate this movie is, but it was actually really interesting and there must be some historical accuracy in there. 

• Like 3

Watched Chicken Run 2 which was pretty good. I loved the mission impossible like first half, but the second half got a bit boring.

Also watched Shazam 2 over the weekend. At first I didn’t think I’d enjoy it, the story set up and opening action scene was just so generic. But by the end it had actually turned into good fun with some surprising story beats and action. One of the better DC comics movies I think. 

• Like 3

Saw Godzilla Minus One with my brother, his girlfriend, and a buddy of ours. My God the movie was amazing. The best looking Godzilla that Toho has made. CG wise anyways. Human characters were actually good, Godzilla's atomic breath was VERY powerful, and how the human characters deal with the big G was creative. Last I checked the movie is doing amazing and doing better than some movies here in the states. G fans will love it and people who haven't really watched any of the movies I think will enjoy it too.

Edited by KnightsBattlecry
  • Like 4

You cannot beat a classic ghost story near Christmas time and no exception every year we watch the 1968 M.R James classic "Whistle and I'll Come to You" on Youtube.  Starring the late scene stealing, Sir Michael Hordern as a Professor whom doesn't believe in ghosts or the supernatural and lives within his own existence and mumbles to himself and the play emphasises sounds for drama and suspense. He rambles on the Norfolk beaches in the early spring and whilst visiting a graveyard, finds an old flute and takes it, which sets off a chain of events that culminates in the Professor witnessing what he cannot comprehend and scares him as he sees what appears to be ghost or is it.   We watched the 2010 version with the late John Hurt a couple of days before, but it is not patch on this one.  Filmed in Black in White and set in the early 1900's and filmed near Dunwich. 

• Like 3