The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Just watched Scrooged.  I might've seen it once on like TBS or Comedy Central a long, looong time ago so it was like watching it for the first time.  It was a great movie.  A nice take on the Scrooge story.  Loved the Ghost of Christmas Present.  Fun fact, that movie came out the same year I was born.

• Like 2

This week I have watched Spirited Christmas movie with Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell. I liked the concept it took with A Christmas Carol, but it was a bit too long and the endings morales seemed a bit off.

Not really a Christmas movie but seems to be on in the UK every festive season: Escape to Victory. Good fun, shows its age a little but it’s engaging and entertaining enough. Sly is surprisingly good in this and I love how they used real footballers with limited acting skills in the team rather than actors with limited football skills! 

• Like 2

The Color of Money

xBJ21tv.jpg

I love how Scorsese picks the shots. The pool scenes were fantastic. Almost as eye-catching as Tom Cruise's hair in this film. Everyone's acting was great across the board. I also liked how well the songs fit the scenes, from the music to the lyrics.

That said, I couldn't get into the story and the conflict until the very end, even though the character relationships were established well. Maybe it's because I haven't watched The Hustler, or maybe the movie was missing something for me.

Also watched The Boy and the Heron, but decided that I'll be posting my thoughts about anime movies here.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

The Creator (2023 film) - Wikipedia

Amazing film with great yet simple plot twists, one of those kind of movies where its not the destination, but how the ride its made, great concept about humans fighting humans with AI support, actors do a great job and it feels an amazing chemistry between them, many little details in the movie universe that make this a must watch film for sci fi fans and average people.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Watched Wonka at the movies 2 days ago, at a cute regional cinema.

I have never watched a movie with Timothée Chalamet, but this guy can act! Gene Wilder would be proud!

Great cameos by Rowen Atkinson & Hugh Grant as an Oompa Loompa.

A great movie for all the family…

• Like 2

The Super Mario Bros Movie - this was ok, perhaps better than expected. The art style was stunning, really did a good job. I loved seeing some of the homages to the games, such as early on when it becomes a 2D scroller for a scene. But I think the game mostly coasts along on the references rather than actually tell a decent story, or have any sense of progression. Perhaps having gotten all of this out of the way, the sequel might be a better movie as such, but this was still fun. 

• Like 3