Questions about flag

PianoBunny

47 minutes ago, PianoBunny said:

You are right.Now please leave the topic alone, your comments are useless. By the way I will buy plenty of 10 years games to play

No need to be rude dude, The trophy is unobtainable. if you get it now means you cheated. if you cheat you get flagged. because we dont want impossible trophies on the leaderboards. people with trophies like that has nothing to do on the leaderboards!   You asked a question. People are just answering it in this thread.

@PianoBunny I know you are frustrated, but quite a few of us have a problem game like you do.  I also have a problem with GTA V.  When we were able to transfer our PS3 characters over to the PS4, one trophy did not pop (I had it on the PS3).  That trophy is "Off the Plane".  You can only get it one time, and that is when you enter the online part of the game.  It popped on the PS3, but not on the PS4. R* is of no help on this.  So I know I can never Plat this game.  It just isn't worth it to try to manipulate the game.

2 hours ago, PianoBunny said:

You are right.Now please leave the topic alone, your comments are useless. By the way I will buy plenty of 10 years games to play

He's one of those who will be deciding if the flag gets approved or not. :P He spoke the truth, so idk why it was useless or why he should leave the topic alone... :S 

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

@PianoBunny I know you are frustrated, but quite a few of us have a problem game like you do.  I also have a problem with GTA V.  When we were able to transfer our PS3 characters over to the PS4, one trophy did not pop (I had it on the PS3).  That trophy is "Off the Plane".  You can only get it one time, and that is when you enter the online part of the game.  It popped on the PS3, but not on the PS4. R* is of no help on this.  So I know I can never Plat this game.  It just isn't worth it to try to manipulate the game.

You can contact Rockstart and ask them to reset your character or whatever. They can do this! :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You can contact Rockstart and ask them to reset your character or whatever. They can do this! :) 

LOL, turned in a ticket to R*.  They suggested when I purchase a new PS4 to start the game again to get the trophy. Advised me that with the March 6, 2017 cutoff date of transferring characters from the PS3 to the PS4, nothing can be done.  A few more emails back and forth and it just wasn't worth fighting over it.  I'm at fault for not checking my trophy list before that date, I guess. But thanks for the suggestion! ?

21 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

LOL, turned in a ticket to R*.  They suggested when I purchase a new PS4 to start the game again to get the trophy. Advised me that with the March 6, 2017 cutoff date of transferring characters from the PS3 to the PS4, nothing can be done.  A few more emails back and forth and it just wasn't worth fighting over it.  I'm at fault for not checking my trophy list before that date, I guess. But thanks for the suggestion! ?

You could also try deleting your character, it will then force the opening cutscene

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Level 25, 50 and 100 can totally be popped within seconds if you transfered your save from PS3 to PS4 :)

I was talking about people doing that on the PS3 version. I did transfer my own character from PS3 to PS4 when the PS4 version came out... I did have issues with my own character transfer though and I had to do a bunch of trophies again to get the online done. Most people’s character transfer worked perfectly but not mine. 

What @grimydawg says about there being plenty of time to do it was true, the game had been out for 3.5 years before bounties stopped working. Personally if I hadn’t played GTA V in the past, I’d have simply went ahead and got the PS4 version because it is the superior version. Rockstar announced two years ago that they’d stop updating the PS3 version and character transfer from PS3 to PS4 doesn’t work anymore. So I don’t think there’s really a reason to have started the game on PS3 instead of PS4 at this current time.

Edited by Sergen

honestly, if not having this trophy, unobtainable ones, or any trophy for that matter, is a huge deal just mod it (or have someone mod it or whatever) and hide the game right away...or don't hide it and expect an eventual flag/dispute here...i don't think anyone really cares about anyone else's trophies unless it affects potential leaderboard standings...otherwise, accept that this kind of thing can happen and particularly with games where online servers are involved...

yes, it sucks but it is what it is...does it take enjoyment out of the game?...not usually unless you allow it to...does it mess with OCD?...sure does if you let it...does it incite penis envy?...very well could if these kinds of things are of importance to you...complain in a thread, email the devs, smash a hole in a wall, smoke a spliff, hack it, or do whatever makes you sleep better at night is my advice...these are just games and just trophies...life goes on...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Phil said:

Using the leaderboards excuse for this one is bullshit. Since anybody can do it, it should be allowed. It doesn't mess with the fastest times or affects anybody in any way. It's the community using their tools to fix the incompetence and laziness of the developer. Since there's a fix, it should be allowed. 

I definitely agree with that and thought about that many times. Especially when anyone can pop these trophies for you without your permission or agreement (and most important without you booting CFW or mod anything). I believe there should be special list of WHITELISTED trophies (since it's very short and everyone would be happy to get their GTA V and COD BO II Plats).

10 hours ago, grimydawg said:

I'm not wrong, am I?  

Yes, you are wrong. 

Your argument can essentially be boiled down to "no, you."

I despise threads like this because gamers such as yourself will engage in the most astounding display of mental gymnastics to make someone feel like a cheater. The whole "but the game is old so it's your faulr" isn't an argument, but a fallacious indictment. Of a likely teenager. Who plays video games.

• Like 1

This was and is a very rare case for me. I bought the GTAV for PS3 on the same day of release. I'm a fan of the saga since the PS2 era, I'm even in the top 50 of the first achievers of the PS4 version of San Andreas. The problem for me was the little interest I had at the time in playing the online portion of the game. I have always believed that there should be two separate lists for the online mode and single player for all games, but I am aware that it will probably never happen.

The fact is that I was always leaving the game aside because being developed by a large company like Rockstar I gave priority to other games that also had trophies online and that worried me could close their servers at any time. I have always been very cautious with the games that have trophies online but I never expected it to happen with GTAV being such a popular game and especially considering that its predecessor GTAIV still continues with the servers online.

This has been a lesson for me. It doesn`t matter how big the company is or how popular the game is just finish the online as quickly as possible, do not let more than one year pass.

Having said all that, I still have not completely lost hope that Rockstar will ever solve this problem. Recently a user who also shares this same problem managed to receive a response from Rockstar, to my surprise it was not the usual self-generated classic message. In this message they respond that they are aware of the problem and that they are working on the resolution of it. They also assure you in the message that they have not abandoned the old consoles like PS3 and XBOX360. I would recommend people with this problem to wait a little longer. I believe that there could still be a chance that it will be resolved. Do not risk being reported for something that is not yet 100% surely abandoned yet.

23 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Yes, you are wrong. 

I despise threads like this because gamers such as yourself will engage in the most astounding display of mental gymnastics to make someone feel like a cheater. The whole "but the game is old so it's your faulr" isn't an argument, but a fallacious indictment. Of a likely teenager. Who plays video games.

He's correct. For the reason in my post above. Oh, and Grimy is also older than you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

He's correct. For the reason in my post above. Oh, and Grimy is also older than you.

But mentally like teenager. Maybe you a fan of him, to me, only children will say: This game have been published for 3.5 years why don't you play it before or why don't you play ps4 version.

Each one have their own reasons. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PianoBunny said:

But mentally like teenager. Maybe you a fan of him, to me, only children will say: This game have been published for 3.5 years why don't you play it before or why don't you play ps4 version.

Each one have their own reasons. 

There's many games that has trophies you can't earn without cheating, not just some removed feature or online being down etc. We're talking about trophies that's glitched or simply impossible for whatever reason. Doesn't really matter the reason. If the trophy is obtained through cheating, it's not wanted on the leaderboard and can be flagged.

In the case of PS3 GTA5, the game was actually out for years before the trophy went unobtainable. This left plenty of people with the chance to earn it.

A classic example is FIFA 09. One of the trophies went unobtainable after some few months. No warning, and EA promised to fix it. Never fixed it for PS3, but did for X360. Nobody earned the trophy for months before a save was shared around that didn't even have an encryption so anyone could use it. You even had to play an online game to trigger the trophy to pop. Some even said EA had shared it. It's like the original scenario of what this thread is essentially about. The only difference with GTA5 is that GTA5 have other players doing it to you, and you may not want it or understand what happened, and it's difficult to fix once it happens to you. FIFA 09 was players downloading a save, transferring it to their PS3 and playing an online game to make the trophy pop. I can of course see this difference.

How difficult it can be to fix it once it happens and how hard it's to avoid if you got a bit of bad luck, that does make a difference IMO. I would however not go for getting the trophy hacked, because you risk getting flagged for it.

Edited by MMDE

17 minutes ago, PianoBunny said:

But mentally like teenager. Maybe you a fan of him, to me, only children will say: This game have been published for 3.5 years why don't you play it before or why don't you play ps4 version.  Each one have their own reasons. 

So, should EVERY one of the other 500+ games that have unobtainable trophies be "allowed" to be cheated to get them?  If you're going to say "no" then GTA V shouldn't be made an exception, because then every person for every other game will cry for the same thing.  The circumstances for why it's not obtainable really don't matter.  Just accept the fact it's not obtainable without some sort of hack / mod / save.  Also, insulting the person who will be giving you a flag when you do somehow get this trophy ( @grimydawg ) probably isn't a good idea???

• Like 2

6 hours ago, B1rvine said:

It doesn't matter how hard or easy something is. Once a trophy becomes unobtainable it shouldnt be allowed to be earned by illegitimate means. Period.

It's a slap in the face to those who earned it legitimately.  Why should people starting late get a free pass after certain game features aren't available anymore?  They shouldn't.

Theres plenty of games with unobtainable trophies I'd like, such as Gran Turismo V, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else should get to hack them etc.  

Let's get real. You're trying to cherry pick this game because there's an "easy" method of getting the unobtainable trophy.  Should we start letting every game allowed to have unobtainable trophies hacked? If your answer is "no" then give up this cause.  Let's not start making exceptions etc just because.

With that said, because it's easy to accidentally run into a hacker in this game, I do support whitelisting in some form.

Hi. The description of trophy "Run like the wind": SURVIVE with a Bounty on your head. Not a GET a bounty on your head.

1)The hacker who put bounty on your head dont help you to survive. He just create conditions for obtaining this trophy. You have to survive to ontain the trophy yourself. So you ll get this trophy legit even with the hacker 's help if you survive without his help.

2) We dont know who is this guy who put bounty on your head. Are you sure he is hacker? May be he is Rockstar guy and test the thing?

3) My advice to people who cant get this trophy: Conact Sony support and demand they return your money. Trophies are the part of the game. Sony returned me money twice 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Yes, you are wrong. 

You need to read carefully, it seems.  I've expressed my personal opinion saying I'd rather not deal with something like this because I don't think it's right, but I will enforce a rule.  @PianoBunny didn't answer my question, but that's not surprising either.  I despise this because people such as yourself can't/wont read what I say, and as a result, I'm the a-hole when I respond the way I do at times. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, IoIly said:

3) My advice to people who cant get this trophy: Conact Sony support and demand they return your money. Trophies are the part of the game. Sony returned me money twice 

Uh, Sony doesn't have anything to do with it.  You would contact R* and ask them for your money back.  They in turn will laugh hysterically (with the rest of us in the community).  Blame the hackers that caused so many problems.  Besides, GTA V is one of the few games that gives you FREE DLCs, missions and content.  So please, just stop. ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Hi. The description of trophy "Run like the wind": SURVIVE with a Bounty on your head. Not a GET a bounty on your head.

Okay, well you can try that and see what happens. Honestly I don't waste my time flagging people on this game but you know someone else will. 

But anyway, hmm...

Weelllllp...

Here goes all civility in this thread in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I don't think this is cheat, personal opinion. I am playing the game, I shoot someone, he may get angry and put a bounty on me. I survive in next 48min. I got the trophy.

Level 100 in seconds is cheat, this is not, nobody help me to survive. I didn't hack the ps3 either. 

That is only my personal idea.

41 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

So, should EVERY one of the other 500+ games that have unobtainable trophies be "allowed" to be cheated to get them?  If you're going to say "no" then GTA V shouldn't be made an exception, because then every person for every other game will cry for the same thing.  The circumstances for why it's not obtainable really don't matter.  Just accept the fact it's not obtainable without some sort of hack / mod / save.  Also, insulting the person who will be giving you a flag when you do somehow get this trophy ( @grimydawg ) probably isn't a good idea???

I don't think this is cheat, personal opinion. I am playing the game, I shoot someone, he may get angry and put a bounty on me. I survive in next 48min. I got the trophy.

Level 100 in seconds is cheat, this is not, nobody help me to survive. I don't hack the ps3 either. 

If this is cheat, I think using bugs in the game is more cheat. 

All is my personal opinion.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheLakota said:

That's an extremely obtuse outlook on this particular situation. 

Agreed. People are to blame if they are breaching the leaderboards rules (which might be the case here, because it is hacking despite the trophy being unobtainable). However, some players only get on to trophy hunting after a while, and in the meantime servers can be shut down out of the blue, with no formal announcements (announcements like the one for Killzone 2 & 3 a few days ago). Saying they had plenty of time is lame. I had plenty of time to do  GTAV online on ps3, but I was busy playing other games. Then all of a sudden R* disables the bounty system and it's my fault? Lol what a joke.

Edited by maxstirner_2015
  • Like 1

Kinda off-topic, but not really too far off. Can we get the on-site guides edited to show that this trophy is unobtainable? One says it was unobtainable for a short while in April but that it's working again. If people trust these guides, they may not realize the trophy is obtainable and won't not synch the trophy if they get it. 

• Like 3