Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

2 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

why that high..

the people that got 150k wasted 10hrs last week as it wasn't need

I always consider it better safe than sorry, so getting a score like 150,000 and getting the trophy to unlock is far more rewarding than getting 90,000 and not getting the trophy. Only 2 weeks for the leaderboard remain now, so don't be surprised if those weeks also see the highest weekly cut off scores of all time. 

Just now, Sergen said:

I always consider it better safe than sorry, so getting a score like 150,000 and getting the trophy to unlock is far more rewarding than getting 90,000 and not getting the trophy. Only 2 weeks for the leaderboard remain now, so don't be surprised if those weeks also see the highest weekly cut off scores of all time. 

think that will depend of the number of crazy boosters.. yes there probably be another 20 crazy's

still would of been nice to see a week were people worked together... just a shame no one know how to work as a community. its just small little group vs others

1 hour ago, Balnazzardi said:

@simpgraus

Well ye its a shame we couldnt make this easier for us all, but lets be honest here.....full co-oparetion across ALL players going for this trophy was never going to work and was outright impossible. Me, DJ_Adrua and ABADAWhiteCat tried to unite all players under 1 big group way back in January and the whole thing fell flat on its stomach right from the start cause we wanted to do this easier for all of us....even inside our group (we had managed to get like 50-60 players in there), cause I can tell you, managing THAT big of a group and trying to tell everyone how to co-operate when eveyryone tries to go at the same week and not listening how we should play this out.....try to do that yourself, then you know what Im talking about....

And not only that, but we had groups from other trophy-hunting sites spying on our scores....so after that we all started form smaller boosting groups where 2 or max 3 ppl were boosted each week and where people had to help to get helped in return....and although 1 guy after getting the trophy during the first week (nojokaboom, never boost with this guy) bailed out right after, all the others from our group more or less stayed to help afterwards, some more, some less.......but  same as with Sergen,EVERY single person in our group managed to get the trophy in this way (except for Eric whose trophy glitched and was basiclly part of other group though we kind of joined forces to help eacother out if we could). 

And honestly I take no shame in that, and neither should anyone else who week after week stayed to help others and made this work atleast for those who DID have the time/will to put in the long hours of boosting. Yes its a shame we couldnt get this done for everyone who wanted it, but for my part Im glad I could help atleast 2-3 ppl each week and also receive massive help during my own week (when I literally had 7-10 ppl during most times helping me). So all the weeks I had helped others before that paid off greatly when I went for it.

So again too bad, if not everyone who wanted to get this could put in similar hours of boosting, but lets be honest here, those who did and did help others truly deserved to get this trophy, you really cant blame them for "ruining" this for others....even though this trophy became anything but skill based, atleast you had to put in the hours as well as co-operate with other ppl to get it done (well except for those few who had multiple PS3s of their own)

Either way dont feel too bad, its only 1 trophy after all.....most of us are all gonna have unobtainable plats/trophies more or less /sooner or later....

For example Resistance 2 and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift are unobtainable platinums for me cause their MP servers were shut down years ago and I wasnt yet hunting trophies/achievements back then like I am now...yet Im still going to collect whatever singleplayer trophies I can get for those games, cause I know that even without them, Im most likely at some point going to have other games where I simply dont have the will/stamina/time to get platinum.....Mortal Kombat and Injustice for example are such games....

And as for last weeks scores, not that even though the last person to have it had 68k, the 20 people out of 22 had over 100k......so in that regard I wouldnt have called it "easy week"....and during the last 2 weeks any person going for it would be smart to play it "safe" and get atleast 100k as well, preferably quite bit over it....s

I didn't help everyone who asked me for help, because a lot of them were demanding without really mentioning any appreciation for the help, sending messages like "help me with VGC" or "I need your help with VGC", but nothing like "Hey, I see you got the trophy, would there be any chance you could help me get the trophy? I'd really appreciate it, thanks". Anyway, all the people I did help that asked me specifically were people who all had helped someone else in a previous week, although @joust25 was a random addition to the list because I didn't know he was going for the trophy but I didn't mind to keep turboing the PS3s over night for him to also get some kills.

People were blaming me for having earned a 70,000+ score in the week that I earned the trophy, as somehow it's my fault that people saw that score and wanted to beat it. I have also lent alt accounts to people for over 200 hours on the game so they can get more kills online, so as far as I'm concerned I've helped people 100x more than any of the people who blamed me for "ruining" the game. Nobody who got the trophy ever blamed me for getting the score I earned and nobody ever approached me saying "hey man, I saw your score and I just wanna let you know that I'm gonna beat it". It was inevitable that the scores would increase leading up to the final week and as people can see now, getting over 70,000 in a week isn't as impressive as it used to be considering it hasn't qualified for the trophy in some weeks. 

I'll mention that Mortal Kombat doesn't really take skill to platinum, it is also just another mindless grind and anything that would take "skill" can be exploited by spamming the same move most of the time, I am saying that about the 2011 reboot, I can't test out MK vs DC. But I also do have two Injustice platinums on PS4 and both of them were also not as bad as people loved to bitch about, the timing for inputs in combos for all the Netherrealm games have been incredibly lenient. The reason some of the games are so rare is mainly because they appeal to a wider audience, like people who play Injustice enjoy DC comics and want to play the story mode and people who play Mortal Kombat want to play an incredibly violent fighting game and use some of the fatalities against their friends. 

I never owed anyone anything for Killzone 2, I helped myself all the way but because I did have the resources to make the trophy easier for some people, I did help them and I think helping 4 people in the state of the leaderboards right now is quite satisfactory, not many people can say they helped any more than their one friend who might have gone before them. Nobody would say I "ruined the leaderboards" if I got my score before the server closure was announced and it's not like 8 years ago people would see a 70,000+ and keep trying to beat it for that long, so it is fucked up logic. I do have to say to anyone that helped people after already earning the trophy, you're a good person and nobody should blame you for what you did to get your own score. Not a single person who earned the trophy themselves ever blamed me for "ruining it", because anyone who can get the trophy knew that the scores would increase the longer they waited. I won't be surprised if people hack the trophy after failing to get it after March 26th, but unfortunately if they do hack it and it is clear then they will also likely end up being flagged for it, I'd rather have an unobtainable game incomplete on my list than be flagged. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

It's really nice to see that people such as @Sergen, @derdimi, @Balnazzardi and @DJ_AdruA are not a rare occurrence! :wub: This is how the community works together, and all the 12k groups should take an example of these guys! ? Actually they are the least selfish persons in this game, because they all have been continuously helping others (expecting nothing in return) after getting their own trophies, and personally I have to say that my huge respect goes to them! ? Keep up the great work! <3

• Like 4

Looking at this thread I don`t think I can be bothered with it. Too bad, I would have liked the plat on my new profile, at least I never earned any trophies despite playing KZ2 a bit last summer, so at least my potential 100% completion won`t be ruined. And hey, I`ve still got the KZ2 plat on my old profile to be proud of.

Good luck to those that are willing to put the time in during these last couple of weeks though!

4 hours ago, Platagonist said:

It's really nice to see that people such as @Sergen, @derdimi, @Balnazzardi and @DJ_AdruA are not a rare occurrence! :wub: This is how the community works together, and all the 12k groups should take an example of these guys! 1f609.png Actually they are the least selfish persons in this game, because they all have been continuously helping others (expecting nothing in return) after getting their own trophies, and personally I have to say that my huge respect goes to them! 1f44d.png Keep up the great work! <3

There are other groups that have helped multiple people get this trophy. they just don't have to keep reminding people they do this...

• Like 2

On 12. 3. 2018 at 6:05 PM, homleshobo said:

There are other groups that have helped multiple people get this trophy. they just don't have to keep reminding people they do this...

@homleshobo I specifically mentioned these guys, because they are the ones who earned the trophy in January/early February and since then they've not stopped helping people for nothing in return. ? Most people just help in order to be helped themselves or vice versa (they help the guys who helped them to return the favor because they are obliged to help), however on top of that these guys have also helped many people who had never helped them, which I really value and think it's a great gesture and proof that this community can be united and work together despite many people saying that it's not the case. ?

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 0:55 PM, DJ_AdruA said:

@Sergen Joust was actually part of the group quite from the beginning

He helped me through the conqueror trophies somewhere and month anf a half ago, he looked like not trying anymore for VGC

Thanks man. Yeah that seemed like forever ago. I also helped a few boost points and ribbons then, but the score got so crazy I didn't think I would be able to earn it but I did thanks to @Sergen@Ptirle@Platagonist @TheLastSurvivorD and @midgetstrawdog. My OCD wouldn't let me quit. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2018 at 6:51 AM, Zolkovo said:

3. You earned it back in the day when the MP was live and it actually required skill, especially as mods would actively remove boosters

This. Back then, mods were super strict about boosting. People had to come up with creative and inefficient ways to boost. And considering how active the online was, it made things even more challenging. 

It seems like the cut-off point was 61502 at 24th rank this time, which was much lower than I would have expected! ?

Still it was not fully successful week for us, because @DuXiC4FuNN ended at 28th place with only 40k after his game glitched for some weird reason and made him lose over 20k! ? A few days before his PSN account had got temporarily suspended, so I am extremely sad about this. ☹️ Maybe round two this week? ;)

But on the other hand I am happy that @Metal_Kizz made it at Rank 18th! I must have been really annoying on Discord this week, because I kept babbling about 'low scores' and 'not enough effort/dedication', while in the end 85k was fine! :blush: But damn, I was so nervous! :angel:

Additional congratulations go to the following guys: @Chtio_loute_59 (awesome score!), @super_saiyan23 and @simpgraus (I am glad you made it, you've really dedicated a lot of time to this ?). 

• Like 3

Managed to get 12th place with a little over 120k points, a massive thanks to @Akhil1234, @JackDullmore, @TWD-K2K, @ardezembro and @alemadlei for helping me get the trophy, most of them i didn't even help beforehand but decided to help me out of pure charity, couldn't have ever done it without them.

And congratulations to all 23 other people that got the trophy, and apologies for the 25th guy who would have received the trophy if not for me.

Edited by Orphioon
  • Like 3

@Orphioon You were in good hands, these guys are all extremely nice and kind gamers! ;) Especially @ardezembro - I wish you lot of luck for this week (and everyone else who will be going for the trophy) and I am sorry that I won't be able to help afterall! -_- @DuXiC4FuNN will be boosting during the same hours as you - hopefully both of you guys will be able to tackle it! ? 

• Like 1