The Love Boat

9 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I got you updated. I don't have any first hand experience with Yooka-Laylee but a buddy told me to expect about 20-25 hours to platinum without a guide.

9 hours ago, donut_plz said:

I started on Yooka-Laylee... Its not too difficult but there are a ton of collectables. Id say @Toogie53s estimate of 25 hours is about right.

Cheers guys! :) That make me feel a whole lot better about starting it now. I'll definitely be able to finish it in that time frame.

• Like 1

Weekly? Update:

Majin: :platinum:

This game was pretty average. It didn't overstay it's welcome, though it does have a little bit of grind to do. Overall, the weakest part was the AI Guardian that is terrible in combat. Also, the bosses were incredibly simple as opposed to some regular late game enemies that are terrible to fight. Overall, I still enjoyed my 18 or so hours I played.

Psycho-Pass: 1%

Just started Psycho-Pass and wow. This is how you make a good visual novel. Really good writing, interesting characters and an actual plot. The only thing I would say against it is that it's an anime tie-in and doesn't do enough setup on its own.

• Like 2

So I totally finished up my dark matter farming and got my Long Gui kill this morning, no treasure hunter trophy.  Yes, I know you have to talk to Bhakti to get it, no luck for me he says there is still equipment to be found.  So apparently I missed something somewhere and had to start all over again on my checklist minus anything that was in my inventory.  The most frustrating part is that my checklist was one where I have to actually mark when something is done, so I couldn't have just accidentally deleted something.

Thing is, I sold a lot of stuff to fund further upgrading.  So all I had was my tier 3 weapons, everything that needed dark matter to upgrade it, the elemental stuff, my turtle farming equipment and some other random stuff from the last few missions I hadn't sold.  I also knew that anything earned from missions was definitely part of my inventory at some point since I have them all done and 5 starred.  But that leaves a ton of stuff in question, like 14 weapons per character and some accessories.

This is really making me hate this game and just confirming that I should never bother with another FF game outside of finishing the ones I already started.  Of course I'm not one to give up on a platinum when I'm so close, I'm just annoyed by having to do what is the most annoying and grindy trophy pretty much twice because the developers couldn't be bothered to have a listing of equipment found in the datalog unlike most other games with trophies like this.

• Like 1

OK Persona 5 is taken up a lot of time...but I am making great progress on it :D

1. The Walking Dead - Season Two - 0%
  2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - 10%
  3. Persona 5 - 52%
  4. Life is Strange - 0%
  5. Mortal Kombat X - 71%

I know I only went up 5% completion but I have all the missable confidents mastered and I am down to around 50 personas. I have 1.5 dungeons left and then I can start my New Game +

I am hoping I can make the contest but at least 2 of my games are quick/easy ones to help me bounce back.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

So I totally finished up my dark matter farming and got my Long Gui kill this morning, no treasure hunter trophy.  Yes, I know you have to talk to Bhakti to get it, no luck for me he says there is still equipment to be found.  So apparently I missed something somewhere and had to start all over again on my checklist minus anything that was in my inventory.  The most frustrating part is that my checklist was one where I have to actually mark when something is done, so I couldn't have just accidentally deleted something.

Thing is, I sold a lot of stuff to fund further upgrading.  So all I had was my tier 3 weapons, everything that needed dark matter to upgrade it, the elemental stuff, my turtle farming equipment and some other random stuff from the last few missions I hadn't sold.  I also knew that anything earned from missions was definitely part of my inventory at some point since I have them all done and 5 starred.  But that leaves a ton of stuff in question, like 14 weapons per character and some accessories.

This is really making me hate this game and just confirming that I should never bother with another FF game outside of finishing the ones I already started.  Of course I'm not one to give up on a platinum when I'm so close, I'm just annoyed by having to do what is the most annoying and grindy trophy pretty much twice because the developers couldn't be bothered to have a listing of equipment found in the datalog unlike most other games with trophies like this.

You made sure to keep all the missable rings right?

My advice would be to level some stuff up and go talk to him...then more stuff and go talk to him. Don't do the whole list again. It happened to me as well and luckily it was literally the next item I did to level 3 that got me the trophy (that was weird luck).

Also, unfortunately, RPGs not keeping track of shit for you...is kind of standard par :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

You made sure to keep all the missable rings right?

My advice would be to level some stuff up and go talk to him...then more stuff and go talk to him. Don't do the whole list again. It happened to me as well and luckily it was literally the next item I did to level 3 that got me the trophy (that was weird luck).

Also, unfortunately, RPGs not keeping track of shit for you...is kind of standard par

Yep, had only sold duplicates of the rings.  Definitely have had one of each.  I checked before I even started the grind that I had everything missable that couldn't be bought.  And by level stuff you mean more like go plunk some superconductors on someone's weapon?

Edited by ladynadiad

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

Yep, had only sold duplicates of the rings.  And by level stuff you mean more like go plunk some superconductors on someone's weapon?

Well to be honest I don't quite remember how the leveling worked in that game (it's been 8 years since i platted it). What I mean is get everything tiered up and then keep checking if "that is the one" that unlocks it.

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

Well to be honest I don't quite remember how the leveling worked in that game (it's been 8 years since i platted it). What I mean is get everything tiered up and then keep checking if "that is the one" that unlocks it.

And that's pretty much redoing the whole thing when you've sold all your tier 2s.  I've seriously rebought everything and leveled them all except one that needs an Adamantite to get its tier 2 and the ones that are 200k gil a pop and still no trophy.  Thing is, at this point best farming spot for gil isn't exactly close to a spot I can go teleport back to Oerba at, it's a good 15 minute trek if I save before it and reload if trophy still doesn't pop.

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

And that's pretty much redoing the whole thing when you've sold all your tier 2s.  I've seriously rebought everything and leveled them all except one that needs an Adamantite to get its tier 2 and the ones that are 200k gil a pop and still no trophy.  Thing is, at this point best farming spot for gil isn't exactly close to a spot I can go teleport back to Oerba at, it's a good 15 minute trek if I save before it and reload if trophy still doesn't pop.

That sucks :( Well good luck with it. 

Sorry that I haven't been super active lately. Lots of changes at work which in turn has me working a lot more than usual this upcoming week. I do however plan to knock one of my games out (hopefully two if I get the time) by next week. 

Good job on all the progress everyone!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

@ladynadiad oh man that sucks! I'm hope I have all the accesories by now, I double check while I was upgrading, I still have to upgrade the weapons thou... right now I'm farmin 1M to buy 4 weapons I'm missing 1f612.png don't know why they have to be so expensive 1f611.png

I've been using a spreadsheet to check them off, and I double checked and made sure the spreadsheet wasn't missing anything too.  Everything was checked off and no treasure hunter.  I'm already back up to the point you are again, grinding to get the gil to buy the expensive weapons and haven't found the one I missed.  On top of that the Eden Adamantortise is giving me abysmal drop rates for platinum ingots to just further add to my misery and the more effective farming method for them at max stats is honestly a bit disturbing to me (try using daze on a downed turtle to see a bit of what I'm talking about).  I'm tempted to say screw it and farm Shaolong Guis for Gold Nuggets.  I haven't been able to find an effective way to kill Sacrifices as fast as turtles and mission 24 is really slow if you need millions of gil and boring to boot, though it is a guaranteed 240,000 gil per hour.

I think it really boils down to Square Enix just loves making stupidly grindy trophy/achievement lists because there is always one trophy/achievement in every one of their games that is needlessly grindy.  At this point I'd rather have had a 10k kills trophy because at least then I could go farm the easy monsters on the steppe.

Hi guys,

a small update from me... mainly to change my list ? ... Killzone 2 is taking so much time i hardly play anything at all... and it continues two more weeks :( ... so i've been thinking i need some games to finish without a Platinum Trophy and on my Vita or PS4 instead of my PS3... Problem is Bleach shall be my Plat #175 but i hardly work for that and that's why i don't work on any other game on my current list...

Choosing Hatoful Boyfriend for Love Ship (0%)

Choosing Journey for Companion Ship (0%)

I'm not sure if i play Journey on PS4 - then i need a partner - or on PS3 - then i could do it on my own. Or can i is the question?! Journey on two ps3s on my own possible to do? If i choose the PS4 Version i can play Journey even during the Killzone Boost as i use Turbo Controllers for Killzone the next 2 weeks...

Has anyone played Broken Sword 5 so far? It was PS+ on Vita a while ago and i think that there are two friends going around right? One is the Protagonist (the player) and one is a NPC... that might fit the Friendship category then...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I've been using a spreadsheet to check them off, and I double checked and made sure the spreadsheet wasn't missing anything too.  Everything was checked off and no treasure hunter.  I'm already back up to the point you are again, grinding to get the gil to buy the expensive weapons and haven't found the one I missed.  On top of that the Eden Adamantortise is giving me abysmal drop rates for platinum ingots to just further add to my misery and the more effective farming method for them at max stats is honestly a bit disturbing to me (try using daze on a downed turtle to see a bit of what I'm talking about).  I'm tempted to say screw it and farm Shaolong Guis for Gold Nuggets.  I haven't been able to find an effective way to kill Sacrifices as fast as turtles and mission 24 is really slow if you need millions of gil and boring to boot, though it is a guaranteed 240,000 gil per hour.

I think it really boils down to Square Enix just loves making stupidly grindy trophy/achievement lists because there is always one trophy/achievement in every one of their games that is needlessly grindy.  At this point I'd rather have had a 10k kills trophy because at least then I could go farm the easy monsters on the steppe.

There are 2 Sacrificies (one in each group) you can sneak behind to get a preventive strike, I usually beat each group in 60-70 secs and with sneak attacks in 15-25 secs I always use haste and then change to Asura to use anti shell/protect to inflict more damage, also I have Lightnings and Fangs weapons upgraded at max

Well, at this point I've redone all accessories and tier 2 weapons and still no damned trophy.

My listing is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-WuSta02LrUilXAVCjW05TBRNWRdbXn7D50x7RzaRrQ/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone else here is familiar with the game and can check to make sure my checklist isn't bad, I'd definitely appreciate it because that's honestly the only possibility left at this point.

And if nothing is missing from this checklist, then I'm sorry I can't finish this game for this competition and am going to replace FFXIII with FFX which kind of fits for partnership and I only have two trophies left in now.

Edited by ladynadiad

53 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, at this point I've redone all accessories and tier 2 weapons and still no damned trophy.

My listing is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-WuSta02LrUilXAVCjW05TBRNWRdbXn7D50x7RzaRrQ/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone else here is familiar with the game and can check to make sure my checklist isn't bad, I'd definitely appreciate it because that's honestly the only possibility left at this point.

And if nothing is missing from this checklist, then I'm sorry I can't finish this game for this competition and am going to replace FFXIII with FFX which kind of fits for partnership and I only have two trophies left in now.

I am not familiar with the the game, but I thought I'd try and help out. So I compared your list to three other lists from various sources on the web and it matched up with the others 100%. So I really don't think your list is the problem. The game must have glitched on you unfortunately. Not sure what you can do about that. You are free to swap games as you wish, but this really sucks! I feel for you. I had a much more minor trophy glitch on me in the Last of Us (collect all the optional conversations) and I was so damn frustrated. 

29 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I am not familiar with the the game, but I thought I'd try and help out. So I compared your list to three other lists from various sources on the web and it matched up with the others 100%. So I really don't think your list is the problem. The game must have glitched on you unfortunately. Not sure what you can do about that. You are free to swap games as you wish, but this really sucks! I feel for you. I had a much more minor trophy glitch on me in the Last of Us (collect all the optional conversations) and I was so damn frustrated. 

Someone on Gamefaqs also checked and had me type up my active accessory inventory since they were pretty sure with how I went through a second time that it was more along the lines of I thought I owned a lower tier one and actually hadn't and when I did that, I found the culprit.  It was the Aquashield Earrings, which was the last of a set of a bunch of elemental brooches to upgrade and I missed upgrading the brooch and somehow checked it off twice in error.  I was suspecting I probably missed a weapon somewhere since I was far from at my best on the days I was doing those upgrades (running on under 4 hours of sleep for two days in a row).  So I now have that game from hell done and that's two off my list.  On to Sen no Kiseki since I want that to be my 40th plat as well and FFXIII just made 39. 

Though I admit, it's also tempting to have FFX replace Journey since I'm so close to finishing it and FFX definitely is a game that could fit almost any category at some point in the game, but really it will depend on if I can get past those last two trophies because I seriously suck at that chocobo race in remiem temple.

• Like 2

Morning everyone. Time for my Monday update.

I finished the story of Assassin's Creed Origins so I'm now working on clearing the map for Old Habits. The story was pretty decent, I've always loved the Assassin's Creed games so it was awesome to have a good one again. Old Habits is a grind but now that I'm max level and have all legendary gear it is pretty cruisy, just run ion kill the target and run out. might get it done this week, more likely next week. time is getting away from me with this event but I still reckon I can do it. Have a great week everyone :D 

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Someone on Gamefaqs also checked and had me type up my active accessory inventory since they were pretty sure with how I went through a second time that it was more along the lines of I thought I owned a lower tier one and actually hadn't and when I did that, I found the culprit.  It was the Aquashield Earrings, which was the last of a set of a bunch of elemental brooches to upgrade and I missed upgrading the brooch and somehow checked it off twice in error.  I was suspecting I probably missed a weapon somewhere since I was far from at my best on the days I was doing those upgrades (running on under 4 hours of sleep for two days in a row).  So I now have that game from hell done and that's two off my list.  On to Sen no Kiseki since I want that to be my 40th plat as well and FFXIII just made 39. 

Though I admit, it's also tempting to have FFX replace Journey since I'm so close to finishing it and FFX definitely is a game that could fit almost any category at some point in the game, but really it will depend on if I can get past those last two trophies because I seriously suck at that chocobo race in remiem temple.

Well glad you got it done :)

I will say if you thought that was bad you should definitely stay away from Star Ocean 4...made me look fondly upon the FF13 grinding :P

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well glad you got it done :)

I will say if you thought that was bad you should definitely stay away from Star Ocean 4...made me look fondly upon the FF13 grinding :P

Actually, I played a bit of Star Ocean 4 and then just got distracted before I earned any achievements (I have it on Xbox 360).  That actually doesn't look as horrible because there's stuff in game to track your progress so you know what you missed.  My biggest issue with FFXIII was there was no way to see what I was missing and even not selling anything isn't foolproof because you upgrade stuff to become other stuff.  I'd rather go back and do Tales of Vesperia again because at least there I have the books to keep tabs on all the items and monsters and that was a 200+ hour long 100%.  I also thought Sorcery Saga was tedious, but again at least I had something in game I could look at to see what I missed.  And FFXIII even has a datalog and they totally could have added a category for equipment, so that feels like a huge oversight.

Only other one that outright annoyed me was the treasure related achievement in Lost Odyssey that people swear up and down isn't missable and I found out the hard way that it is.  But at least that game is enjoyable enough that I didn't mind playing it a second time for that achievement, FFXIII isn't. 

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

And this is why everyone hates FFXIII and I am glad I got rid of it after playing through four boring linear chapters. (I only got to where Saaz, Vanille and Lightning crashed in the volcano after escaping Cocoon.)

I hope, if they release a FFXIII trilogy collection for PS4 or PS5, they nerf this trophy.

I finally got the narwhal badges from last event done. If you think you earned one, and I didn't send it. Let me know. Also, I ran into an issue I didn't know about. Apparently, you can only have two images in your signature at a time. So if you want me to combine your badges into one image, I'm totally willing to do it. You can look at my signature for an example. I have three badges, but they are in a single .jpg file. I took out the text of the event titles on mine, but I'll leave yours if it is your preference. 

• Like 1