The Love Boat

13 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm still willing to help with Journey. I was very tired of it when I got my 100% but its been a couple of weeks, so I can go through the last bit of the game without my annoyance level getting too high.

Well thank you i'll accept your offer :) I might get through the game on the weekend

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Well I made it too! here's the :platinum: for Final Fantasy XIII I got some troubles with some items I thought I had but actually not ? just as @ladynadiad but once I figured out wich items I had forgot it was easy to look for them or buy them, well I spend so much time on that unnecesary farming but I'm glad is over so I can move on with some other games ? 

Grats to you for wrapping it up. Which game are you taking on next?

@ladynadiad I had to go on Yuotube and watch some gameplay from within the Isthmia Great Forest so I could see what you were talking about. It looked very good. Do they have other games in this series that are already localized for English speakers?

28 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well thank you i'll accept your offer :) I might get through the game on the weekend

No problem. Whenever  you're ready, just shoot me a friend request. I generally start playing pretty late in the evening until after midnight. I'm kind of a night owl. You can find me earlier in the weekends. 

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

No problem. Whenever  you're ready, just shoot me a friend request. I generally start playing pretty late in the evening until after midnight. I'm kind of a night owl. You can find me earlier in the weekends. 

Hah me too. Usually 10-1 or 2. :lol:

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, Toogie53 said:
  • Nier Automata - 97% - saving last trophy so the plat can be trophy 5,000
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 0%
  • XBlaze: Lost Memories - 0%
  • Wolfenstein The New Order - 0% 
  • Goosebumps - 0%

I finished Nier Automata last night and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone, it's probably in my top 5 games of all time now.

I also changed my list up a bit so that I can finish in time. I didn't expect to have so little time to game during this event so I swapped KH BBS for XBlaze Lost Memories and The Last of Us Remastered for Wolfenstein The New Order. My goal is to finish Wolfenstein today because I only have a couple hours left before I get the plat.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Hah me too. Usually 10-1 or 2. :lol:

It's a rough time frame for all my local friends, but it's been how I've operated for years. I eventually gave up on being multiplayer friendly. The time works well for me. My wife is also a night owl and sought out a career that has a graveyard shift. When she goes to work around 9:00 PM it's a good time for me to get my kids to begin their bedtime routine. Therefore, shortly after nine, I am able to sit down with no distractions and play until I am ready for bed. 

@Kent10201 I updated your games list. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Grats to you for wrapping it up. Which game are you taking on next?

I really want to dig in Borderlands 2 since I already downloaded all the DLCs and I play for an hour or so (besides I did enjoy the first one), I'm sure I will be able to put it in this event, with the DLCs the game fits almost any seasonal event ?

• Like 1

Not a significant update. Been putting a lot of hours in for not much to show. Finished the DLC for Lego Worlds and finished the grind to 1bil studs. Working on the grind for all the Lego pieces now. Hopefully be done with this game soon and can move on to something else. 

1. Lego Worlds - 97%
  2. Adventures of Mana - 20%
  3. Never Alone - ?
  4. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - 43%
  5. Burly Men at Sea - 0%
Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Update:

Finished off the Platinum for Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and I've had my fill of this series for now. 

Not sure which game I'm jumping into next but I'm definitely ready for a change of pace.

Grats on the platinum! I think you'll burn through Rime and The Little Acre really fast. So no matter what you choose, I bet you are into Dragon Age within the next few days. (Assuming you don't break the laws of the council and play something not on your list)

8 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@ladynadiad I had to go on Yuotube and watch some gameplay from within the Isthmia Great Forest so I could see what you were talking about. It looked very good. Do they have other games in this series that are already localized for English speakers?

Yes, the first and second games are already localized as Trails of Cold Steel and Trails of Cold Steel II and there's an entire earlier arc on PC, the Trails in the Sky trilogy.  I'd recommend either arc.  Lots of pretty scenery, a really well developed world and characters and also gorgeous soundtracks and amazing plots.  They can be slow burns on the plot, but so worth it to get through.  This is honestly the only series I import for, because these games are just so good that I can't wait for localization and I know enough Japanese to be able to at least play and understand the basics (though I've gotten better since the fist one I imported).

14 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yes, the first and second games are already localized as Trails of Cold Steel and Trails of Cold Steel II and there's an entire earlier arc on PC, the Trails in the Sky trilogy.  I'd recommend either arc.  Lots of pretty scenery, a really well developed world and characters and also gorgeous soundtracks and amazing plots.  They can be slow burns on the plot, but so worth it to get through.  This is honestly the only series I import for, because these games are just so good that I can't wait for localization and I know enough Japanese to be able to at least play and understand the basics (though I've gotten better since the fist one I imported).

Cool! I'll keep an eye out for them on sales etc. My back log is so huge still that I'm not really buying things unless they are a bargain. 

I was going to update saying that I finished XBlaze but it looks like @Toogie53 was one step ahead of me. Thanks! :D

Not much I can say about the game other than it was pretty bad for the first 30 minutes or so, so I ended up skipping the text for the rest xD. I'll read a summary of it online at some point but I didn't feel like sitting and reading a story for 10 hours that I didn't enjoy. Not really feeling Wolfenstein at the moment so I'm gonna start up Uncharted The Lost Legacy today. It's the only Uncharted game I haven't played so I'm looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Cool! I'll keep an eye out for them on sales etc. My back log is so huge still that I'm not really buying things unless they are a bargain. 

Buying games on sale is the reason my backlog is so big. I almost never buy games when they first come out. The cheaper a game is, the more games you keep buying :awesome:.

Edited by Kent10201

4 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I was going to update saying that I finished XBlaze but it looks like @Toogie53 was one step ahead of me. Thanks! :D

Not much I can say about the game other than it was pretty bad for the first 30 minutes or so, so I ended up skipping the text for the rest xD. I'll read a summary of it online at some point but I didn't feel like sitting and reading a story for 10 hours that I didn't enjoy. Not really feeling Wolfenstein at the moment so I'm gonna start up Uncharted The Lost Legacy today. It's the only Uncharted game I haven't played so I'm looking forward to it.

Buying games on sale is the reason my backlog is so big. I almost never buy games when they first come out. The cheaper a game is, the more games you keep buying :awesome:.

I had a slow morning at work and my boss wasn't around so I went through and updated people's percentages etc. I don't normally do it midweek. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I know that feeling all too well and Steam is the worst platform to play on if you suck at curbing impulses because of all the sales and bundles (I own over 1,100 games there and have only removed a bit under 400 of them from my backlog).  Though I admit, I do make exceptions and buy some games at release and those are usually favorite series of mine, especially if they are on Vita and likely to become difficult to find after release.  I also tend to be a late adopter on consoles and didn't even get my PS3 until 2014 and my PS4 I just got late last year.

• Like 1

So, I finally completed Mafia 3 and already miss playing it :D . This game was pretty addicting, which led to longer sittings and less sleep, but it was worth it. I'm gonna visit New Bordeaux again for sure at some point, but now it's time for an Odyssey to the West.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

So, I finally completed Mafia 3 and already miss playing it :D . This game was pretty addicting, which led to longer sittings and less sleep, but it was worth it. I'm gonna visit New Bordeaux again for sure at some point, but now it's time for an Odyssey to the West.

Awesome! I saw you were closing in on the 100% this morning. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am starting my second play through soon. I'm planning to just get the platinum. I will likely take it to 100% in another event where it would fit the theme. That will give me a good excuse to revisit New Bordeaux later on. There are a few games that I want to revisit even though I have the platinums like The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne. Maybe even an Uncharted or two, if I feel like putting up with Brutal difficulty. For now, I'll just enjoy having them off my backlog.

3 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Wednesday Update.

Costume Quest 2: Completed

Boy, this game was a treat to play through. Adorable world, interesting combat and a good amount of team variance you can do.

I kept hoping that would show up on sale around Halloween last year but it did not. I'm putting it on my list for Halloween this year no matter what!

3 hours ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Update, finished The Little Acre, decent game just think I would have enjoyed the story more if it was a little more fleshed out.

Well I'll be moving on to Rime and then Dragon Age: Inquisition if I can stay focused. :|

I enjoyed The Little Acre. But I agree there is definitely some room for improvement. It was kind of charming though. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Awesome! I saw you were closing in on the 100% this morning. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am starting my second play through soon. I'm planning to just get the platinum. I will likely take it to 100% in another event where it would fit the theme. That will give me a good excuse to revisit New Bordeaux later on. There are a few games that I want to revisit even though I have the platinums like The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne. Maybe even an Uncharted or two, if I feel like putting up with Brutal difficulty. For now, I'll just enjoy having them off my backlog.

I wanted to play this game for over a year and almost feel bad that I waited so long. But now was the perfect time to tackle it as part of the event. The DLC was pretty cool too and had some unique missions. You'll have fun with it for sure, whenever you decide to start them. Although the weed-growing stuff could take a little while, if there isn't anything else to do.

Those are awesome games to revisit. I have all of them in my backlog and still have to go back to Final Fantasy XV and Resident Evil 7 someday. Good luck with the plat for Mafia 3! :)

@Toogie53 Update time - hurray :D

Bleach 69% --> 79%

I finally reached lv max for my 10th Character in Bleach yesterday... finished all sidemissions with those 10 characters and made it through the story mode on hard, then very hard mode and got a S rank on all missions alongside on the highest difficulty :D ... now all that's left is grinding another 9 characters to lv max and killing thousands of enemies for which i have no clue on my current progress :(  ... i'm not sure if i can make it within a month, it takes hours upon hours to reach lv max with all these characters :(

Hatoful Boyfriend 0% --> 21%

I played through 4 storylines by now and boy is this a ridiculous world... sometimes it's hard to imagine having a pidgeon for example being a waitress in café :D ... and the humans live in a modern world but are descriped as dumb as cavemen ?

• Like 1