Anthem delayed to early 2019, new Battlefield coming in fall 2018

ShadowStar83x

Was to be expected. Anthem is another EA game that was bound to have microtransactions and loot boxes. EA are holding off to see if the whole SWBFII disaster settles down before they give that nonsense another go.

Their shareholders are probably still having an eye twitch after the EA stock went down the shitter, back when the outrage happened.

• Like 1

Is anybody actually excited for Anthem? I've barely heard anyone talk about it. I know I'm not...

29 minutes ago, Jigglypuff said:

If they ruin Dragon Age, I'm never playing another BioWare game again!

They kind of already did that all the way back in 2011 with the release of Dragon Age II. :P I wasn't a fan of Inquisition either tbh. Origins still remains a fantastic game, though! It's just a shame the Bioware who made high quality titles such as that is long dead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PermaFox said:

If MS DOES acquire EA, hope that doesn't affect the PS4 side of gaming.....hopefully they will keep it as a separate entity.

When they got Mojang, they still let Minecraft's updates and such go to other consoles. So hopefully...

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

They kind of already did that all the way back in 2011 with the release of Dragon Age II. :P I wasn't a fan of Inquisition either tbh. Origins still remains a fantastic game, though! It's just a shame the Bioware who made high quality titles such as that is long dead.

I didn't think Dragon Age II was that bad and haven't done Inquisition yet.

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Please don't make Battlefield rushed, please don't make Anthem microtransaction garbage!

What am I saying, EA is the publisher, all hope is lost xD 

It is rushed. It's on the yearly cycle now (since BF4). The last time a BF game came out finished was PS3 1942. :lol:

And don't worry about the microtransactions. The ones we already have are only kit shortcuts and BS.
Plus, they have a new trick up their sleeves. 75% chance we will get another "Free" season pass.
The "Free" part means Timed... Just like what they've done with SWBFII. You'll get to play the dlc for a couple of weeks before it is rotated out of play.

It's only going to get worse from here. coughgamesasaservicecough...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Was to be expected. Anthem is another EA game that was bound to have microtransactions and loot boxes. EA are holding off to see if the whole SWBFII disaster settles down before they give that nonsense another go.

Their shareholders are probably still having an eye twitch after the EA stock went down the shitter, back when the outrage happened.

Probably true. I would expect at some point there was a big meeting where the project heads were all told, "From now on, you are to sugar-coat all your microtransactions. Study how to make them feel fair, or hire someone who can. If you need more time, you can take more time. We can't restart this fire three times a year."

There may be better games, but Andromeda isn't bad.  I'll admit one thing I miss is being able to tell your squadmates to use a power. Still the combat turned out well, with Ryder being able to swap between 4 sets of abilities.  The Nomad handles better than ME1's Mako.

Things you say to NPCs don't seem to have as serious repercussions as in the Trilogy. Some of the facial animations were bad in early versions.  Maybe they should have delayed Andromeda until June 2017, not just for that but also to avoid competing with Nier: Automata & Horizon: Zero Dawn.