PS3 and Vita games to be removed from PS plus from March 2019

FreeSpark22

It was just a matter of time really.... 

Thinking about the stupid amount of games I've yet to even start and finish on my PS3 list I'm glad in a way lol. I only really go on my vita when bored in work too so no big deal for me. 

Would like to think Sony will at least up their game with the PS4 monthly games or at least do something. We can dream ay lol

So for those that only have a ps3 and vita (yes they still exist)..there is no reason to even worth considering psplus. Unless PS4 games are going to be really quality from 2019 march this seems to be a bad move. Even though this month plus seems to be quality Bloodborne and Ratchet but I think thats just to calm the crowd from generating so much hate. I guess the coming months we will see if we are moving towards better games AAA than indies galore.

Like many, the Vita situation is most disappointing for me. Every game I own on Vita is actually a PS+ download and there's quite a few of them. 

But, can't do anything about it... can either suck it up or boycott. Either way, I've got enough 'free' games to last me forever.

Even if we ignore the fact that sony paid their network bills with the subscription fee it´s still cheap. i mean come on, 2 ps4 games for 5 Bucks each month? Yes the actual situation is more gamer friendly and i have a ps3 and vita myself and download the free games every month but... when to play them? I got a pile of shame high as a tower so it´s fine for me that they stopped the support for those 2 systems through ps plus. Think most of us can life with that decision. it sounds harder than it actually is.

Looks like a new console is on the horizon. You dont cut 2/3 of PS+ services and think everything will be fine.

Sony will probably introduce a new Monthly Games console lineup. My guess is that it will be PS4, PSVR and the new unnamed console.

Also... what will happen to any save from PS3 or Vita in the PS+ online storage?

5 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Looks like a new console is on the horizon. You dont cut 2/3 of PS+ services and think everything will be fine.

Sony will probably introduce a new Monthly Games console lineup. My guess is that it will be PS4, PSVR and the new unnamed console.

Also... what will happen to any save from PS3 or Vita in the PS+ online storage?

Nothing will happen, they aren't dropping the cloud saves, just the instant game collection

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

So for those that only have a ps3 and vita (yes they still exist)..there is no reason to even worth considering psplus. Unless PS4 games are going to be really quality from 2019 march this seems to be a bad move. Even though this month plus seems to be quality Bloodborne and Ratchet but I think thats just to calm the crowd from generating so much hate. I guess the coming months we will see if we are moving towards better games AAA than indies galore.

It depends on whether or not you have actually finished all the games that interested you on those systems.  I haven't so maintaining my PS+ subscription will be my version of Game Pass that XBox uses.  My library of unplayed games is huge and there are a number of titles from plus that I will get back to someday.

Besides, the monthly cost for 2 PS4 games is still worth it, plus cloud saves, etc.

Edited by Kevvik

6 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I wonder if PS3 and PSVita's online will eventually go away too because of this. If so, that's a dick move.

Can't wait for your two free PS+ games to be Inner Kung Fu Game and Life of Black Tiger.

That can't happen, PSN is an integrated service, they can't shut down one without shutting it all down, the most they can do is shut off the store from those units

Got the same email earlier, not surprised it was only a matter of time.

What is surprising is that they're not upping the number of PS4 games. Have to be kidding if they think I'll pay $80 for 12 months of Plus for almost nothing in return.

So maybe the PS5 will be out next year with this going on and the fact PS4 would be nearly 6 by March 2019.

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Cloud saving is essential on PS3 (not so much on Vita as you could simply use Content Manager Assistant)

In my case is the total opposite:

PS3: use a USB + PC and/or online hosting (MEGA, OneDrive, etc) to backup my savedata if I need to.

Vita: use cloud storage, delete games, redownload games if I want to play them again.

Backing up the entire game just to backup my savedata is beyond stupid 

but hey, it's better than the Switch in that case at least, we can backup our savedata :^)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

With them banking on backwards compatibility so much, I can't see them dropping the free 360 monthly games anytime soon

Exactly. I love that. And who knows, maybe somewhere down the line we'll get the odd original Xbox game chucked in as a bonus. One can hope.

4 games a month is fine honestly. 2 is just too few. If PS+ dropped to 3 or 4 I could rock it fine, but I don't do online at all, and 2 games (probably pretty average if the usual ones are anything to go off) will never warrant 80 a year from me, and that's the cheapest option you can get too. Anyone in a similar boat who just wants a big pile of games to rent, jump ship to the Xbox and grab a sub to Game Pass. It's got three generations of Xbox games, over a hundred with more constantly swapped around, it's great. I got the full 3 years you can stack entirely for free, they're promoting the hell out of it. 

Hi Everyone!

This Notice tell to Everyone its to this Date they gonna close servers from all Games of PS3 and PSVITA for that dont forget to begin the Boost's for all the Games on this Two Platforms, because i have a big feling they gonna close the servers from all Games of PS3 and PSVITA dont forget this... :(

Im sad because of this but i know the Future continues with the Future Platforms but we dont Forget you two PS3 and PSVITA your the BEST!!!! ;)

How anybody is surprised by this is beyond me. 

The Playstation 3 came out over 12 years ago, and looking back it had a good run. The days of getting good PS3 games on Plus are behind us. 

With all these older games getting their online servers on the chopping block, it’s only a matter of time before all support for the system is gone. Sony already ditched the Vita, I imagine many of their employees aren’t even aware that the handheld console exists.

Unfortunately what Sony is doing is ultimately trying to squeeze as much money out of us as possible. The Xbox One has been lagging behind in sales this entire generation because Sony has a firm grip. Many 360 players who played for the online jumped shipped on the PS4 after the bullshit and controversy surrounding the Xbox One at a time when it was going to be launched. 

Sony can piss off a portion of their fanbase who almost exclusively play online and they would still have a giant player base because they have absolutely dominated the competition. It’s more of a one sided race these days than it is a fierce competition like it was in the PS3/360 era. 

That being said, I have become increasingly disappointed and disgusted in this generations use of microtransactions and pay to win tactics to “pad” the games with more supposed content. At least even after Sony stops adding games on Plus for the PS3/Vita, I can go back to older games and rejoice a time when the gaming industry didn’t fall ass over teakettle with bullshit microtransactions. 

Jim Sterling has become a bit of a cult figure in the gaming industry and it’s not surprising to see why.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Gamers either are naive or stupidly dumb. Who on Earth would expect Sony to give more or better games by dropping support on Plus for PS3 and Vita? Sony? It's a joke, it's a company that doesn't give a damn for its customers. And that basically lost all the markets they once reined, except consoles (that either Nintendo or Sony is king it's debatable), and that thanks to their only competitor being even dumber and more incompetent than they are (Microsoft, who else, again Nintendo is on a different level that Sony doesn't understand or ever reach). I would have bet that they would only give 2 games a month but apparently even that has been confirmed.

Don't worry, by April next year and beyond all PS4 PSPlus subscribers will get their 2 junk games each month, like it has been for most of the past 2 or 3 years. The good titles to sweeten the bad news will be gone as soon as it's convenient.

Not that the content for the PS3 or VIta they have been giving was good, but they were paying peanuts for it anyway.

Better sales and promotion? Dream on... They don't give a shit!

Greedy disgusting company.

I had forgot. They had already sweetened the deal a few months back, now it's even more expensive! Fantastic!

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Katt said:

In my case is the total opposite:

PS3: use a USB + PC and/or online hosting (MEGA, OneDrive, etc) to backup my savedata if I need to.

Vita: use cloud storage, delete games, redownload games if I want to play them again.

Backing up the entire game just to backup my savedata is beyond stupid 

but hey, it's better than the Switch in that case at least, we can backup our savedata :^)

Heh, you can't backup all savegames on PS3, some are locked to the system, unless you use some... "methods", and i'm totally against them.

When you backup a Vita game on PC you get different folders for updates and savegames.

10 minutes ago, Devil_Max said:

Hi Everyone!

This Notice tell to Everyone its to this Date they gonna close servers from all Games of PS3 and PSVITA for that dont forget to begin the Boost's for all the Games on this Two Platforms, because i have a big feling they gonna close the servers from all Games of PS3 and PSVITA dont forget this... :(

Im sad because of this but i know the Future continues with the Future Platforms but we dont Forget you two PS3 and PSVITA your the BEST!!!! ;)

C'mon, enough with this BS... we've repeated it like hundreds of times...

Edited by Lance_87

Just now, Lance_87 said:

Heh, you can't backup all savegames on PS3, unless you use some... "methods", and i'm totally against them.

haha, yes, I know what you mean, fortunately I have just a few games with copy protection. Those are backed up in the cloud of course. Like Tomb Raider, you can back up your save slots but you can't back up your online progress savedata. weird.

54 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

My guess is that it will be PS4, PSVR

Damn if it's PS4 and PSVR I'm going to be pissed, PSVR are really expensive here and I don't have the money to drop on a VR headset especially if a new console is on the horizon and I want to save for that. Luckily I bought a 15 month sub for 12 months worth last month so this is perfect timing, I can see if I want to renew in May 2019.