You can triple plat!

1 hour ago, sorhval said:

They are not playing for fun but for trophies, I don't really understand that but who cares ?

People can't have fun replaying games? I've stacked a lot because I enjoyed the games I stacked and wanted to replay them, why not do it again with trophies if the option to is available?

I mean, I've stacked Tales of Xillia and Kingdom Hearts. Those aren't really games you play for trophies, are they?

@rolltideroll157 don't you know that it is forbidden to call people out for their games? Just say that everybody plays for different reasons and you'll drown in likes. I mean, seriously who wants to argue about stuff on a public forum anyway?

Edited by Gommes_
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I'm really curious as to why game developers are splitting lists up for the same game far more than they used to. To me it's just completely unorganized and more crap I have to label on the site because otherwise the same repeat list over and over is hard to distinguish, lol

Some devs do it on purpose to sell the game multiple times to the same person because the amount of stackers is growing, and stackers also buy indie games with easy trophies, meaning that a considerable part of their income comes from the people who buy it multiple times.

This shouldn't be the case with Burnout, because EA doesn't do this normally. Maybe the soundtrack differs in a couple of songs or something got split in two different ways while developing and the game is considered 'different' at Sony's eyes and they had to submit 2 trophy lists to Sony. Who knows... 

Edited by charlijaen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

I'm really curious as to why game developers are splitting lists up for the same game far more than they used to. To me it's just completely unorganized and more crap I have to label on the site because otherwise the same repeat list over and over is hard to distinguish, lol

Someone has to take the fall for others to enjoy :P . Jk JK <3

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Obviously people who do it can afford it but that still makes it stupid. Why not buy one of the million other games out there instead of the same game in another region? It makes no sense 

I can afford it as well, but If I ever decide to play the game again after getting the Remaster here in Australia (and after sinking another 1000 hours in, yep that many hours back in the PS3 days of '08 when this launched) I'll be re-buying from NA and enjoying the game whilst earning more Trophys (why continue playing the Australian version with no more Trophys to earn etc. etc. when I could be with the NA Version by which point when I do get it would be in a few years and probably cost me an hours pay from work so meh)

@KamakuraHero In my eyes that's an excuse, if you want to play again the same game you can easily delete your old save file or create anew. 

That's simple and it always worked that way on PS1 PS2 and also on PS3.

I mean instead of buying the same game and "support" the already supported developer you can discover some good gems and support talented but unknown developers, or just buy other games. 

But hey, this is just my opinion and you are free to do whatever you want if you are happy so

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Probably because they know more people will buy both of them if they have separate trophies lol. Just trying to get more trophy hunters to go out and pay more money than they should.

15 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

@KamakuraHero In my eyes that's an excuse, if you want to play again the same game you can easily delete your old save file or create anew. 

I mean instead of buying the same game and "support" the already supported developer you can discover some good gems and support talented but unknown developers, or just buy other games. 

But hey, this is just my opinion and you are free to do whatever you want if you are happy so

But you wont be getting any trophies for that anymore so just wasting your time. Why not get a different version if there is another list. What differents does it make. It doesnt affect other people in any way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KamakuraHero said:

No my friend it's not sad...sad is the way you think of some people because they play their games differently than you. I've bought Sleeping Dogs 3 times on  sales because i love the game and want to support the devs and i got trophies as a bonus. So in my eyes it's a win-win situation.

That's not something I'd do but it's different. These people buy it several times solely because it has trophies. Do with your money whatever you want but it's still sad for me to see people blow theirs on something like this.. if they could spend it on other games to enjoy instead. If you love a game so much then why not replay it without the trophies? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

The difference are trophies, they are part of what makes playing the game fun. Whether it is to increase you total amount of trophies quickly, seeing your favourite game show up multiple times on your list, speedrun the trophy list, etc. And it's not that surprising that getting trophies makes a game more fun to most people here, as they are kind of the reason why most of us are on this site.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Everybody plays for different reasons, why argue about that .. do what you like and that's it.

Jokes aside. People buy different versions for trophies and that is fine, really.

Just dont pretend you buy the game solely because you enjoyed it so much. For the most part you buy it twice or three times for the trophies. As someone already have said before, you could simply delete your old file and start a new one.

If you have the standard version of a game and afterwards you get the chance to get the collectors edition (and you're the kind of person who likes to collect stuff like that), you dont buy the game again for the games content, but for the extra stuff you get; extra stuff just like trophies.

• Like 2

I have replayed the same game multiple games(God of War, Dead Nation, Volgarr the Viking, etc.) and see no issue doing it. Yes, I could play something different but if I truly like a game why should that bother anyone?

Btw, with the exception of the God of War series Dead Nation and Volgarr are actually tough with ultra rare platinums.

Game how you want to game, period. People's opinions only have as much weight as you give them.

• Like 2

I have no interest in even buying the game once for a single platinum

and the greed of stacking platinums in a single game has kind of gotten past me, its rather boring stacking the same game over and over again, sure ive done it more than a few times but like i said, thats kind of behind me now, i rather just get the plat once and move on to another game, my backlog is so intense i have no intentions to keep prolonging it and making it worse for myself from buying a single game a dozen times

if you dont mind having a profile with 100 plats but you only have 5 different games cuz they are all stacks then well, that looks rather ugly in my opinion but to each their own

id rather have 100 plats in 100 different games than stacking the same game 100 different times

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DennisWilles said:

Are you really desperate enough to buy the same game 3 times just to get 3x the trophies? I can't even imagine how dull it must be to replay something 3 times just for trophies but actually paying thrice? That's sad. If you buy it once, replay it in a few years that's all fine but like this? Wow.

I’ve played through Jack & Daxter 4 times, once on PS2, PS3, PS4 and Vita and had a blast every time. If it’s on PS5 I’ll do it again. Gives me a good chance to replay them rather than pick up an older version. Why not get some trophies if I feel compelled to replay a game again? Hell, played through R&C Into the Nexus three times, never skipping a cutscene just to get one plat. And had a blast the entire time, because that game was awesome. 

If I had more disposable income, I would probably import a few games just to do again. But I don’t so meh. 

And who is to say that someone won’t import a copy in a year or more time to re platinum it? Why assume they buy it all at once and play them all at once? By your own statement that’s fine. 

1 hour ago, Mori-101 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Everybody plays for different reasons, why argue about that .. do what you like and that's it.

Jokes aside. People buy different versions for trophies and that is fine, really.

Just dont pretend you buy the game solely because you enjoyed it so much. For the most part you buy it twice or three times for the trophies. As someone already have said before, you could simply delete your old file and start a new one.

If you have the standard version of a game and afterwards you get the chance to get the collectors edition (and you're the kind of person who likes to collect stuff like that), you dont buy the game again for the games content, but for the extra stuff you get; extra stuff just like trophies.

Can’t speak for others, but for me rebuying a game is first for the purpose of supporting it. Which is why I still bought Okami HD on PS4 despite the list being shared with PS3 so I already had the plat. I’ll buy albums physically and digitally if I really want to support an artist I like too. And that’s why I buy some avatars. Not even new to this gen or trophies. I got Super Mario 64 DS despite having Super Mario 64 since it’s N64 launch. Same with OoT 3D. It’s something I’ve always done even without trophies. And I have FFVI on almost every platform it’s released on for obvious reasons, it’s my favourite game. 

The fact that I get to earn another plat is just a great bonus, and gives me a way to to justify replaying a game I enjoy when I’d otherwise would try to focus on a new one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

Wait what? Waste of time? Oh no it's not a waste of time if you really love a game, I've played Uncharted 2 6 times, and plated it only twice, here and on an alt account, in GTA IV I finished the campaign several times, and so on for other games... 

If you really loved a game you don't need trophies to enjoy it again.

Basically it seems that most of you are ready to buy different versions for the same game just for trophies while playing the version already plated/completed just to enjoy it again is a waste of time.

What is so special about having many platinums for the same game? 

No one is saying that we don’t replay the games that we love just because there are no more trophies to win.

Talking again about “The Last of Us”, I earned the 100% twice, but between the PS3 and the PS4 versions, I already played it 10 times, just because I love the game and sometimes I feel the need to replay it. When I play it nowadays, I tend to do it on Hard, but because I already know the game really well, it’s very easy for me and not very challenging. If there were other versions of the game that I could buy, at least I would have another motivation to play on harder difficulties. Grounded mode, for example, is fun, tense and challenging, but it’s also very frustrating, so it’s good to know that I will have a trophy at the end of my playthrough. This doesn’t mean that won’t replay “The Last of Us” on grounded in the future, but having a trophy attached would just give me another motivation.

11 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I can understand playing this 3 times if you got all regions or versions for the price of 1 but y'all are really going to buy the same game in every region just for a plat? That is a serious addiction that some of y'all might need to get checked out.

Nobody complains about Energy Trilogy or even Midnight Deluxe double or triple region because they are so simple and no effort to platinum 4x.

This one is more agressive to platinum twice, but I don’t see any problem with that, as long they don’t do it one straight after another...