Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

4 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

I would feel very comfortable with an option to hide trophy lists, but I think I'd primarily use it for games that I am unable to finish up, whether it's because I don't have the game or the system anymore. I don't see much a point in deleting any trophy lists for games that I still have a chance of completing, because I've came back and finished some games after 5 years before.

That's existed for quite some time.

I would hope if it ever gets implemented then the "Completion Rate" stat is just erased from profiles altogether, because being a completionist after a feature like that was implemented would be utterly pointless. The only things that are on my list right now that I would delete would just be some of the Sound Shapes auto-popped plats, aside from that there's nothing I'm really frustrated about on my list, everything right now is just a work in progress and I've never been in a rush to get a bunch of trophies in one go anyway. 

Edited by Sergen

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I suspect it won’t be made possible, due to the possibilities it would open to hackers - steal access to a profile and erase trophies etc. But you never know.

as to whether I would want it....

...I go back and forth on this.

During my (admittedly, rarer and rarer as I get older) periods of trying to finish up old games, I do sometimes think “man, I wish I could just delete those Zen pinball trophies that I will never be able to finish” or “Damn, that forever-incomplete Dante’s Inferno list is a bummer”

- I’d be lying if I said the thought didn’t sound appealing at times -

but most of the time I just view my trophy list as a record of my exploits - some challenges never get done, and that’s cool - at least I know I tried.

The thing is, in my heart of hearts, I know that actually achieving a 100% profile would not really make me feel good - it’s the pursuit that is fun, not the attaining. Having these games on my profile means it will never be a ‘perfect’ profile, but nothing is perfect in life - and it means I don’t have any evil little completion-pixies on my shoulder, telling me not to try a game that might be too tough to finish!

To keep a 100% profile, if I somehow did achieve one, might actually affect my gaming habits in a negative way - i.e. discourage me from playing good games that I don’t expect to fully complete....

*casts a knowing side-eye at Wolfenstein The New Colossus*!

I guess the way I look at it is - there is nobility in the pursuit of improvement, but the quest to maintain perfection is a road paved in madness! ?

Wait so hackers would sooner hack your account for trophies then credit card data and personal stuff? There is also the 2-step verification which is harder to hack.

For me yes I would love it so much. Games that I just want off my list or games that I just want to platinum again.

Edited by Doomsdayman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

Wait so hackers would sooner hack your account for trophies then credit card data and personal stuff? There is also the 2-step verification which is harder to hack.

For me yes I would love it so much. Games that I just want off my list or games that I just want to platinum again.

It would just be another troll thing someone could do to an account if they got access to it. I’m sure more often than not, a person who gets hacked was hacked by someone who knows them and if the person who knew them knows that they’re a trophy hunter then they could delete their whole trophy list. I think if something like this were implemented, there should also be a unique password to a trophy list, so if you left your PSN account signed in somewhere the people on your account couldn’t just delete the trophy list. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

Wait so hackers would sooner hack your account for trophies then credit card data and personal stuff?

That’s a good point - I guess I was think about it more from Sony’s point of view - i.e. the logistical problems that might occur with people asking for erroneously deleted trophies to be reinstated etc. But yeah, I think if my account was hacked I’d be far more worried about my credit card than my trophy list!

• Like 1

If this feature was implemented I would just erase the following games :

FIFA / PES : Because my friends played these games on my PS3 when I invited them back in the day and I wasn't thinking about switching accounts every time they came so now I'm stuck with these games on my profile and I HATE soccer.

TxK : This game was offered to me so I tried it and now I'm stuck with a game that is impossible to 100% because the developpers never fixed their f*cking trophies.

Other than that I wouldn't delete anything else because my trophy list represents my gaming experiences and if I can't attain a 100% profile that's fine because it means that I either didn't even try to go for the 100%/Plat for a said game when I was playing it or it means that I just didn't like the game at all. 

I'm playing because gaming is one of my passion and if I like a game then I'll go for the 100% but if didn't like a game then it will stay at 1% forever (GTA IV/Skyrim) and I just don't care to be honest because as I said my profile represents what I liked and what I didn't like. 

Deleting trophies would destroy any meaning of completion rate. Even if some completionist think its big dream to delete some lists , its actually the opposite . Everyone can have 100% completion rate that way so it would mean nothing.

I personaly would never delete a single trophy. My profile is my gaming path since trophies startet to pop. When i played hard games like ps3 shadow of collossus or mamurukun curse i can see the time frame i was very motivated , or when i platted easy games i see timeframe when i was unmotivated and just wanted to cheer my self up with some "bling" sounds. Its kinda a time chronik of my "gaming" life. :)

• Like 3

Interesting points of view. I agree when i read that being a completionist will not be an "unique achievement" if this option would be implemented. However, i disagree when you say that me or whoever will not play a game if it doesn't have a possible platinum. In my case i use an alternative account, and keep enjoying the game even if it doesn't have online or whatever that makes him unattainable. That's the case of SOCOM 4, Midnight Club LA, Resistance 2 or DiRT 2. But i think all of us will agree when i say that trophies changed our day-to-day gameplay, and that's the reason why i have a strange value to earn 'em all.

Edited by AN0n1m8

I would only delete (and think should be mandatory) the 0%’s. Take my profile I have the last of us remastered. I didn’t get into it and gave it to a friend as a present. I earned nothing in it but I’m unable to delete it from my profile (batman Arkham city and warhammer being others I have been able to delete) 

To be able to delete any other list at will, just seems silly. We buy the games, we play them. Just because we can’t plat or 100% it, it doesn’t give us the right to erase the ones we can’t be bothered with or can’t achieve due to servers being down. 

Solution?

1. Get your online done first

2. Don’t do what I do and buy loads of games on top of uncompleted games

3. Get your priorities right, ask yourself this. You buy I.e FIFA do you really intend to plat?

4. Git Gud

shakie19.png

Edited by shakie19
Trophy card

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Nah, I wouldn’t delete anything. The few games I have with unobtainable trophies don’t bother me. I can still do 99.8% of the rest of the games since nothing on my list is heavy multiplayer. 

Plus, they’re just trophies. The number of PlayStation gamers who take them so seriously is minuscule, Sony isn’t going to ever both with a Delete option for earned trophies. If they did, how would you know which trophy lists are completely artificial and which are genuine? Deleting earned trophies isn’t any better than CFW adding trophies. 

As if Sony cares and doing a good job banning hacked trophies ? the ones who are really strict about spotting hackers are the trophy website such as this website and the others so i don't think Sony won't let us delete trophies because of this 

30 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Deleting trophies would destroy any meaning of completion rate. Even if some completionist think its big dream to delete some lists , its actually the opposite . Everyone can have 100% completion rate that way so it would mean nothing.

I personaly would never delete a single trophy. My profile is my gaming path since trophies startet to pop. When i played hard games like ps3 shadow of collossus or mamurukun curse i can see the time frame i was very motivated , or when i platted easy games i see timeframe when i was unmotivated and just wanted to cheer my self up with some "bling" sounds. Its kinda a time chronik of my "gaming" life. :)

Talking about completion rate, do you think Sony knows or cares about completion rate ? i mean in your console there is no such thing called completion rate it's only on the trophy websites that has nothing to do with Sony

1 minute ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

As if Sony cares and doing a good job banning hacked trophies ? the ones who are really strict about spotting hackers are the trophy website such as this website and the others so i don't think Sony won't let us delete trophies because of this 

What? I never said Sony cares about trophies. And I specifically said it’s because such a small number of the overall PlayStation gamers care about trophies.

Your post doesn’t explain why you think Sony WILL let trophies be deleted.

7 minutes ago, shakie19 said:

I would only delete (and think should be mandatory) the 0%’s. Take my profile I have the last of us remastered. I didn’t get into it and gave it to a friend as a present. I earned nothing in it but I’m unable to delete it from my profile (batman Arkham city and warhammer being others I have been able to delete) 

You can delete 0% games from your profile. Loads of us here have done it. 

8 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

If they did, how would you know which trophy lists are completely artificial and which are genuine? Deleting earned trophies isn’t any better than CFW adding trophies.

That part my reply was directed at 

3 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Talking about completion rate, do you think Sony knows or cares about completion rate ? i mean in your console there is no such thing called completion rate it's only on the trophy websites that has nothing to do with Sony

No i dont think Sony cares or knows about it.  I was just saying it would ruin completion rate as goal for many completionist.

To be faire i dont think Sony will ever implement it,  because Sony had chance to add it when they added ability to delete 0% lists and they decided to not let you remove trophies. Either it was decision because they dont want it or it is to complicated to add and waste of resources in theire mind.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What? I never said Sony cares about trophies. And I specifically said it’s because such a small number of the overall PlayStation gamers care about trophies.

I know. Like I said in my post I have been able to delete batman and warhammer. But not TLOU. 

1 minute ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

That part my reply was directed at 

None of that had to do with anything Sony cares about. It only had to do with sites like this and people looking at others trophy lists and not knowing if lists had been altered artificially. 

Just now, Xionx said:

No i dont think Sony cares or knows about it.  I was just saying it would ruin completion rate as goal for many completionist.

To be faire i dont think Sony will ever implement it,  because Sony had chance to add it when they added ability to delete 0% lists and they decided to not let you remove trophies. Either it was decision because they dont want it or it is to complicated to add and waste of resources in theire mind.

I agree that it will ruin the completion rate integrity but anyways i don't expect Sony to add this feature at all, it took them forever to finally let us delete 0%s you know 

Wouldn't this give cheaters more breathing room? I mean, if the game can be modded then they get caught out. They then can delete the list and do it again without getting caught?

I'm not 100% sure how it all works but I'm sure they could do that.

I don't think Sony does anything about modded accounts as it is (trophy wise) so I'd be very surprised if they added it in honestly.

24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Never mind. I just tried to delete again after a long time and now its gone