Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

51 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I just wish people would stop bringing this topic up. It's a dumb idea and thankfully it's very unlikely to happen.

If incomplete lists bother you so much then just hide them.

I agree with everything except hide trophies. Hiding trophies is stupid because you can still see on your console profile and it'll have that big blue H. I'll admit, I was on the route, but now it's long gone. As I said before, people should just suck it up leave it incomplete or come back later complete it. Unless there's online trophies, there's no rush to get them.

I could get behind a system that allowed a person to delete maybe like 5 games lifetime.  possibly maybe even 2 game a year or one.  However, to just let people delete any trophy they wan whenever is sort of stupid imo.    Why not just let us add any trophy to out list to.  Maybe we could drop them 5 per trophy we wanted and wouldn't have to put forth any effort.   I say 5 lifetime so that a few times you make that mistake and start some shit game you hate then you have the opportunity to be forgiven per say.  I mean if everybody is on the same playing ground then why not?  but to let people delete everything whenever is too much.

• Like 2

As I said in another topic like this one, this is a stupid idea. 

If hackers are that bothered then then they can just hide the 1000+ trophies that they cheated on and still remain on the leaderboards. Those who were too late to a game because the online servers closed, then tough luck. 

This is basically erasing a portion of your history as a gamer and then they can go around pretending it never happened. 

Trophies would be worth no more than Steam Achievements, which are easily gained with a program you can get that automatically gets them for you. What’s the point? This strips all the fun, challenge and satisfaction out of trophy hunting.

Just hide your trophies. That’s the only real solution.

• Like 1

Trophies are fine. No deletion. I play games I'm unsure of or have ridiculous trophy requirements on a second account. I figured this out after playing 3 games I probably won't 100%. Lesson learned.

Example being games I rent from RedBox. I'll probably beat the main game quickly and be done playing it (if I even get that far). Games with 200 hour grind? Try in secondary, if I like it and it's a fun grind, it goes to primary. 

Meh, I have probably 3 games on my entire list I'd want to delete and they're all under 5%. 

Street Fighter IV and Max Payne 3...only because I hate being reminded of how absolutely god awful I was at those games. And Free Realms...only because that was a game you had to have a paid monthly subscription in to earn trophies. So I decided to play it for Free and see what it was about and somehow managed to earn a single trophy in it...a game I never intended to earn trophies in, is forever stuck at 1%. If I got the choice of one...it would be Free Realms. 

But other than that, I'm fine with it. Like some people said, it's your gaming history too...sometimes I like going to the bottom of my list and working my way up to see how much I've progressed as a trophy hunter. I was pretty terrible in the early days. 

Edited by Viper

On 5/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, TheYuriG said:

Stuff

I don't even disagree with you, man. 

I'm not necessarily in favor of allowing trophy deleting, but I'm not against it either. If a cheater really wants to go through that much trouble to make their time stamps legit, so be it. I really don't see how it affects me besides dropping me one place lower on the leader boards.

Besides, there's almost certainly plenty of people on this website with fraudulent time stamps already. It's just something to accept. 

• Like 1

Give the gamer the option and have the necessary precautions in place to prevent hacking. Understanding the full reasons why Sony prevents this now may change my opinion though. I can delete music off my playlists, movies from my library, books that I have downloaded, posts on social media websites, why not trophies? Options, self-service, and consumer choice should be considered.

Edited by MrTrofyHuntr
spelling
  • Like 3

On 18/5/2019 at 9:57 PM, TheYuriG said:

And let hackers delete their hacked trophy lists and pretend nothing happened? No thanks.

Agree, no need to delete trophies.

On 19/5/2019 at 0:03 AM, GameOverComesAll said:

I'd give it less than a week before someone complains about losing trophies due to another person accessing their account.

The option to delete trophies would make me nervous. Years of trophy hunting could be deleted if another person access your account and delete all the trophies. Hide your trophies is definitely the best option.

6 hours ago, ChaoticFox9900 said:

I don't even disagree with you, man. 

I'm not necessarily in favor of allowing trophy deleting, but I'm not against it either. If a cheater really wants to go through that much trouble to make their time stamps legit, so be it. I really don't see how it affects me besides dropping me one place lower on the leader boards.

Besides, there's almost certainly plenty of people on this website with fraudulent time stamps already. It's just something to accept. 

Oh yeah, i do not disagree with anything you said here at all. I know the leaderboards are not perfect and I do not really care about my position. In fact, I would just not participate if I could, but I can't simply just opt out. The current leaderboards do not represent my way of gaming and they do not apply my own imaginary set of rules that constitutes what would be "fair" competition. I'm just more worried about how it would affect other people, really.

On 18/05/2019 at 10:24 PM, damon8r351 said:

Now that's not very nice. How'd you like to get sodomized with a cactus?

Worse than that, why would you do that to a perfectly innocent cactus? Just as we are all trying to reduce our ecological footprint ?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys to resume this thread, but isn't it enough to hide games from your PS3/PS4? 
I did this some weeks ago because I wanted to remove some impossible-to-platinum games (or other games I just don't want to pop up in my trophy list).

My completion rate raised a little bit, too.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:08 AM, Rigand91 said:

Sorry guys to resume this thread, but isn't it enough to hide games from your PS3/PS4? 
I did this some weeks ago because I wanted to remove some impossible-to-platinum games (or other games I just don't want to pop up in my trophy list).

My completion rate raised a little bit, too.

As I said before, hiding trophies is stupid because 1) It doesn’t hide from yourself because you’ll still see it in your own account on your own system, 2) It has that big blue H on your profile.

For me, trophy hunting is not about getting all 100%, is more about fun and experience you have durring your game time. Trophies is nice addition to base game, because they stimulate you do things you usually don't do in games (like play more multiplayer modes, harder difficulties, collect everything in game and etc), and I think they are not should be considered as main game component. I have few games with impossible to unlock trophies (due to dead servers) in my list and I see no harm in it.

But still, before I buy new game, first I check how hard online trophies will be. It's not making any impact on my decision, but gives me idea on how much time I will spend on platinum.

(Forgive my bad english)

Edited by PostalDudeRus
grammatic
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I made a completely new account for this reason when I started on PS4. Uncharted 3 wasn't complete due to online trophies, but I was ok with it since I had the platinum. I made the mistake of downloading "Drawn to Death" because I supported the creator. (God of War, etc) But apparently support for the game ended in March of 2019, and I was given no warning or anything. Now I have 2% of trophies for that amongst a list of 100% and/or platinum trophied games, and frankly it really pisses me off. I know enough about tech to know that Sony's reasoning for not deleting them is BS, and just them being lazy about a core system update. I should be able to delete, and replay [if I want to] any trophy, for any reason whatsoever. If I don't like the screenshot  it should be my right to erase that specific trophy, and earn it again. All this is asking is for access to my own data that took me hundreds of hours to complete. And now my whole account is 'tainted' because of poor communication, and even poorer customer service. If they don't allow all that I have mentioned for ALL games going into PS6, then they will lose the exclusive loyalty I have had to Playstation since PSX.

Edited by xb__Levi__dx
  • Like 1