Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, who am I kidding? I wouldn't because it would screw up my milestones.

I'd never delete anything for the same reason. I care more about my milestones than I do about erasing some mistakes.

I can't deny that I would love to delete Akiba's Beat, though. That way, I wouldn't feel obligated to finish that shit anymore...

I want this feature? yes, of course, under conditions.

I want this feature to be implemented? no. Let me explain:

Trophies are a feedback for devs, they know how people play their games and if they see something abnormal, I don't know, they could do something in future projects, improve or change things. So, if you play a game until a certain point and you say: "ahhh fuck this game", devs could want to know why you stopped playing at that point, and that is reflected in your trophy progression. I could be wrong or maybe there are more hidden tools in the PS4 to know further details about your play data, but that's how I perceive this matter. Besides, as @DrBloodmoney says, I don't want some hacker deletes my completed games. Maybe that could be one of the conditions for this feature to be implemented, "you can't delete completed games".

Still, I want to delete these physical games I bought for my PS3, and then my BD died. Cheap games, nothing important.

For me, it'd be an absolute yes. I would delete Table Top Racing, Skyforge, Woah Dave!, Injustice, Tower of Guns, and Tropico 5. These games are all either something I consider impossible, such as Injustice, or that I simply do not wish to do or can't do. Other than those not really, I fully intend to eventually try to play everything in my backlog. It's just the oddball game like these that I started and now regret. It'd be a cool feature I suppose, but it's one I doubt would ever happen. Here's hoping though haha.

4 hours ago, Starlove- said:

The only list I would delete if I were to get it is My Name is Mayo due to the shame it would bring to my family

tenor.gif?itemid=5069651

Your remorse is duly noted/appreciated my gaming bredren! One day (far in the future) your shame shall be adequately 'cleansed' hehe!

As a perfectionist/completionist, i obviously play to attain nothing but flawless progress (hence why i try to include a fair portion of ultra rares.) That ambition stands at 100% the last time i checked! The recently released 'Fishing Master' has 6 unobtainable trophies (including the platinum) which has left me perplexed for the first time. In theory, if this is not patched then my quest and entire purpose for playing is 'over' as it were because the 100% will in itself be 'out of reach' (due to Snowball Games/Xuebao Games utter incompetence which i have yet to adequately compartmentalize!) I do not have the mental capital to begin another profile after all these years so i am presently left with the (cough....GARBAGE/UNFAIR.....cough) choice to 'hide' that trophy list and commit the cardinal sin i detest (above all else) when others choose to do it.....or continue on tarnished.

With the aforementioned situation i am faced with.....and the hypothetical choice of deleting that single trophy list which remains an incurable (and unavoidable considering i discovered the issue) proverbial cancer to my overall completion % the decision is fairly straightforward? ?️75%?

I should make a couple of things clear before posting my answer. One, I did delete 2 games with 0% when that feature was introduced, Two, I don't want a 100% profile.

So my answer is no I wouldn't delete anything on my profile with trophies, even if it has unobtainables. I also have games I might never go back to. I somewhat consider my profile a history/log of what I've been through... good or bad. Wouldn't want to change that.

• Like 1

At first my reaction to this thread was; Yup, out of the 3 games I've played (I'm new to PS), i would totally delete Jak2 because i cheesed it with the debug mode to earn a quick plat. I did it mainly because my profile looks so bare and it was a quick boost. But honestly, after thinking about it... I'd rather just leave it there and know that buying games for a quick boost just isn't my cup of tea, which I never would of known without taking a sip. 

It's all a learning curve and I believe our profiles reflect our gaming habbits very well. I don't wish any more control over that other than the power to decide 'What to play next.

Of course there are some games I regret playing, but no, I wouldn't delete any of the trophy lists on my profile. The way I see it, my profile is a record of all of the games I've played since creating this account. If I just started deleting trophy lists, the profile would feel manufactured/fake. If I managed to get a 100% profile because I started deleting the games I didn't complete, that wouldn't be much of an achievement, would it?

And yeah, there's also a point to be made about how trophy milestones would get messed up. That would suck.

I had this issue a few month back. I was looking at a few games which required 3 other players to help (Black Ops 2 and Payday 2) and I had no motivation to get them because I was literally telling myself "oh this is going to take forever, what if I the people I played with were rubbish at the game and I waste 2-3 hours trying to get a trophy". I was thinking why did I bother starting this game if only they had a delete option ? then I just gave myself a kick and got groups together and they weren't as bad as I thought they would be and it felt like an achievement getting them. I feel sorry for people who cant get trophies due to server closes though, it must suck.

Yes and no, I remember when I was primarily playing on PC and Steam.

I could delete any game and it's achievement list without breaking a sweat. There was no challenge though.

I'd love to see something like "3 removals per lifetime" or something among those lines. Just for unobtainable trophies due to glitches or server closures.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I would only delete games that are impossible to 100%. I've never felt that the gamer should be penalized because a server shuts down. There is also the case of DLC getting delisted on the PS Store, as well as unreleased DLC like Burn Zombie Burn Shusi.

This ^

I wish I can go back in time and slap myself for starting Cloudberry Kingdom. There's no way I'll endure such a painful 100% (not even plat), just because of a silver trophy. I'm fine with all my other trophy lists because I'm willing to 100% them, even if they're hard. Eh whatever, maybe I'll try to get as many trophies as I can in Cloudberry Kingdom :P