We Happy Few PS4 May Get Banned In Australia.

Nexuds121

When I heard the news this morning in my NZDT. I hear Australia's classficication Board may banned We Happy Few because of anti-government not the drugs what not. This is one of the dumbest and stupid banned Aussie's decisions doing this. Either way I hope it doesn't get banned though.

Source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-25390-We-Happy-Few-s-Australian-Ban-Could-Potentially-Be-Overturned.html

Edited by Nexuds121

21 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

When I heard the news this morning in my NZDT. I hear Australia's classficication Board may banned We Happy Few because of anti-government not the drugs what not. This is one of the dumbest and stupid banned Aussie's decisions doing this. Either way I hope it doesn't get banned though.

If you read the article it says it is already banned, BUT the board can still change the decision. 

• Like 1

Just now, NutellaOrgies said:

Is your post office the same as United States Postal Service where a lot of stuff can get by easily since customs can't handle all the packages each day and only select a few to go through? 

Im.from the Netherlands so nothing is banned here. But i remember customs in Australia convesticating banned games. (or however i typ that word)

26 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Can you guys import the game or does that count as "illegal"?

We can easily import or buy digital. Like Europe, Australia is a PAL country so may of us have been importing for years with either JP or U.S consoles just to get 60HZ games. Banning games is pretty retarded as it's bad for the industry and extremely easy to buy from over seas. The reason it's bad for business is that it's only then that some people work out that it's actually cheaper to buy foreign versions of games.

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I have yet to have one game not allowed and I have brought many games that were flat out banned here.
I have also brought tons of Visual Novels over the years which most are over R18+ and not sold here and have yet to have one pushed back as well.

42 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Funny that a game about population controlling drugs gets banned in Australia...

It will be banned for that reason the Australian government blames drugs for a lot of the negative media or somehow links drugs back into why this person decided to kill someone type news.
Due to this the stance on drugs in games has been rather strict. If it is only drugs for a minor part then it is fine but if a game has a lot of drug use or references then it will struggle to make it here.

Edited by fisty123

2 hours ago, NutellaOrgies said:

And since the game has some kind of illicit drug content to it, from what im gathering that is

would you be prosecuted for drug smuggling/trafficking if caught importing the game? Lol

aussie aussie aussie!! 

• Like 1

Import the game if you have to.

Screw these assholes wanting to scrub, clean and wipe the so called "filth" just to make the censors happy.

At this point I wouldn't mind an Adults Only game.

Someone should make a game that is about having sex with women. Let's see how the censors react to that.

Australian classification board is a Fucking joke, took them forever to allow a r18+ rating and still we have games getting banned here.

best example we get r rating, MK9 goes through fine, sr4 oh no because of the one weapon it had to be altered.....

serioursly can we get some competent people who know what’s there doing to run the damn thing!!,

People might aswell just buy it through the North American PS Store anyway. To be brutally honest, Australia is one of the most expensive AF nations on this planet! It costs $60 for a huge AAA game before and (for a while) after release in the US, which should mean that I only have to pay around 74 to 80 AUD but nope! Hop on board the capitalists express and round the RRP to the nearest hundred, why don’t ya?

10 hours ago, Wuthg21 said:

I think customs wont let them through.

7 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

And since the game has some kind of illicit drug content to it, from what im gathering that is

would you be prosecuted for drug smuggling/trafficking if caught importing the game? Lol

aussie aussie aussie!! 

How could they determine what game it is when shipping it/importing it?

If that is an issue, then I guess secondary accounts and PSN cards are the route to go!

4 hours ago, DrHambone said:

How could they determine what game it is when shipping it/importing it?

If that is an issue, then I guess secondary accounts and PSN cards are the route to go!

I think some countries are a little behind on the times, i think its just obsurd on what some laws are and i was just poking fun at the topic, dont take my original post too serious, it was intended as a joke