That One Bloody Trophy!

For me it's currently two games:

Need for Speed (2015): :bronze: Basic Bronze. Win all Prestige Events. I did all speed races but can't win any drift race. And in the trophy guide they say drifts are easier than speed races ? i hardly got 200 000 points in a race where i need 425 000 :( this blocks :bronze: Gold Plated. Get Gold Medals in all Prestige Events... Reaching :bronze: REP Lv 70 is easy but i have no interest in continue without achieving bronze medals anymore...

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: :gold: Behold the Tekken Lord. Even with the Paul Phoenix Glitch i only reached until Dan 15th but i need Dan 30th :( i think the other trophies wouldn't be as bad but i had no interest in playing more...

• Like 1

For me, there would be 6:

8L4ca221.png

40-bronze.png A Real Contender - Play 200 online matches (Injustice 2)

This took me too way long to get than expected.

29L87bb1d.png

40-bronze.png United We StandComplete 50 Crew vs Crew PvP Events (2-4 players) (The Crew)

This was aswell very annoying.

51L29437e.png

40-bronze.png Flip Flop - "Flip" a map twice (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare)

I hated this trophy mainly due to the fact that I sucked at Exo Survival.

14Lfb8c36.png

40-gold.png End of the Road?* Get a gold medal on every track of the solo campaign (TrackMania Turbo)

The reason I added the * is because this trophy will be an extremely painful one due to the fact that there are very hard tracks which would take hundreds and hundreds of attempts to beat.

21Labec83.png

40-gold.png Personal Decorator* - Earn all Decorations (Call of Duty Black Ops 3)

This is a very long trophy which I'm like 50% done with, very long and very frustrating when doing Veteran with no fails.

45L257779.png

40-bronze.png Gold Plated* - Win Gold on all Prestige events (Need for Speed 2015)

This trophy is one of the hard-tier trophies mainly due to the fact that you need to have a certain time on certain races and be very good at drifting.

Edited by HappyGuySmiley

44 minutes ago, ExtremeAstatuS said:

2. Darksiders - Aerial Predator Kill 160 enemies while on the angelic beast. This one hurts a lot as it seems so easy. Played through Darksiders twice, once on PS3 and another on the PS4 Warmastered edition. Both games are at 98% with this one trophy in the way. No matter how many times I replayed the section needed to get it, I just cannot hit 160.

After reader the guide I was anticipating a difficult time here, but managed to do it first time. I think the trick is to make sure you hit as many of those tiny bat things as you can rather than just concentrating on the main enemies. 

My main issue with this game was killing with environmental weapons. Destroyed most things before I realised they didn't respawn, and Ed up having to use a couple of cars on some low level zombies. Discovered that as long as you didn't completely destroy them they would reset to full health. That was a bit of a grind! 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

10 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Currently experiencing similar in SK Bon a petite. Haven't quite given upon it yet but... 

I assume you mean the "Finally"-trophy for reaching level 15? That trophy feels kinda out of place fo rthis game. Even though it's not that uncommon to have requirements to full combo a song but IMO that rhythm-game has one of the worst song selections and it doesn't help that there's only one or two songs you can reach level 15 on normal. 

1 hour ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Wasn't there some specific area near a harbour where you had a high chance of getting that one missing song there? I read it in a guide somewhere after searching for a good long while on my own and got it within minutes there. I don't remember the exact details, it's been too long for the colander that is my brain to come up with something more substantial. But it might be worth googling and taking one final shot at it perhaps.

The best way to actually do it is to find a list with stores that are playing the songs that he is missing. That way he can just in the store till the song plays (You can not skip the song otherwise it wont play the missing song). I did not have any trouble with this trophy and it maybe took me one extra hour of searching after the campaign.

39 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I assume you mean the "Finally"-trophy for reaching level 15? That trophy feels kinda out of place fo rthis game. Even though it's not that uncommon to have requirements to full combo a song but IMO that rhythm-game has one of the worst song selections and it doesn't help that there's only one or two songs you can reach level 15 on normal. 

Indeed. I haven't tried to watch videos and memorise the order and, honestly, even if I could be bothered with that I don't know if I have the dexterity. That games on hold until I'm stuck in a hotel with nothing else to do lol 

For me it is not a platinum but 100% for Dante's Inferno. The trophy It's in the Trial, which not only requires you to master another new charecter but complete quite a few challeges. Unfortunately those challenges are online only (yes, even the single-player ones). After getting disconected five times in the last round of platinum challenges (takes around 1-2 hours), i just gave up. This trophy is not worth the time investment.

I have two, both from WipEout Omega Collection. Getting elite pass on every race in 2048 and Elite gold medal on every race in both HD/Fury.

I'm not far though. In 2048 I'm only missing maybe 6 Zone Events, everything else is done. Zone is just so boring that when I get to the part that actually matters somewhere around zone 40-50, I'm already zoning out. In HD/Fury it's mostly the phantom tournaments where the crazy AI sometimes ruins everything in the first corner.

Edited by mecharobot

2 hours ago, WeprCZ said:

For me it is not a platinum but 100% for Dante's Inferno. The trophy It's in the Trial, which not only requires you to master another new charecter but complete quite a few challeges. Unfortunately those challenges are online only (yes, even the single-player ones). After getting disconected five times in the last round of platinum challenges (takes around 1-2 hours), i just gave up. This trophy is not worth the time investment.

I get real ticked off when companies make a mode that's seemingly single player, but force you to be connected online.

It's single player, I should be the one who has control, not some shitty servers.

Dante's Inferno is several years old now, so not only does it sound like the servers are unstable but the DLC for the trials is delisted.

Thought about picking up or at least borrowing the game for a solid week as it looks like an okay God of War clone.

14 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

For me its 1f3c6.png Disk space full from Watchdogs. u need to colect songs but a few are 100% randomized and luck based. spent 16 hours running around the city to try and get the song by hacking it of random pedestrians but didnt got it and just gave up

I feel your pain man!!! And that's a sad ending! :(

I spent a little less time than you but it was definitely a gruelling process and I was also ready to stop. Until I found that bastard and made sure there was enough lead in his body that he wouldn't move :devil:

As for me one the toughest trophy I'd have to say is the challenge 4 and 6 in vanquish. I've still no clue today how I managed haha. 

Another is in UFC 2 where you had to win 4 online ranked matches in a row and become the champion... You can't boost that by the way so yea, it was an insane ride that day

You can add the Mirror's edge 50 star trophy as initially I thought there was almost no way I'd get it. Fast forward a few months and I happened to get the 90 star one and while I was at it, I got all 99 stars B)

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

I haven't given up just yet but the "beating the game in 15 lives or less" trophy from Rogue Legacy is probably the hardest trophy I had the displeasure of trying to get. Also doesn't help literal last two games I played before it also had the bloody "beat the game in x amount of lives" trophies, or as I like to call "play the shit out of a game after you already completed it and double or triple your playtime for absolutely nothing" where the two games were Limbo and Super Meat Boy, which were both hard, but at least they were fun to get, Rogue Legacy can screw you over with the luck needed to beat it, from the character it gives you to the vast amount of game breaking glitches ruining many runs. And unlike Super Meat Boy where a no death run takes at most 10 minutes and you can practice any level whenever you want, Rogue Legacy doesn't have that and takes (an estimated time for me at least) around 3-6 hours for a good run, and anywhere in that time you can glitch out and die or have to restart your run because of it. 

Though Rogue Legacy even with the luck you can at least still get better at the game by knowing when and how to use certain characters/abilities and you can get more adaptable in certain situations, but with the amount of times a good run was ruined by a glitch or some other luck based thing made me lose all motivation to get it, though a lot of people does have it compared to stuff like the SMB no death trophies so maybe I just need to change my game style or there's a game breaking glitch I can use to make it easy as balls (Or maybe I need to realize I just suck at the game)

Either way I needed to get that off my chest, fuck that trophy, the rest of the game was fairly easy and doable besides that one trophy. Never want to see another one of those wretched trophies again.. This was also way longer than intended.. Oh well!

I think in terms of one that kept me from the platinum, it would be the one for finding all the items in Katamari Forever.  However, if it was one I put a ton of time into and still never got, it would be the one for the regular time attack in the Shadow of the Colossus HD collection back on the PS3.  I got almost all of them, but like many others before me, the third Colossi ruined it all.  Must have tried 10 plus times to get just the glitches in the battle to work.  Figured if I couldn't do it on normal, hard wasn't super likely.  Meh, life goes on.

6 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Wasn't there some specific area near a harbour where you had a high chance of getting that one missing song there? I read it in a guide somewhere after searching for a good long while on my own and got it within minutes there. I don't remember the exact details, it's been too long for the colander that is my brain to come up with something more substantial. But it might be worth googling and taking one final shot at it perhaps.

No its just that there are a lot of people on that harbor so ur chance is technically higher since more people appear.

Songs of Serkonos in Dishonored 2. Completed 13 playthroughs now on different character/chaos combinations, waited by each duo and heard everything over and over, made sure not to startle them in any way; trophy still won't pop. Last one for the platinum and has resulted in me abandoning the plat.

Heading South on a White Bronco - Red Dead Redemption

Completed the game back in 2010, attempted the trophy then but I messed it up and died. Not really bothered about trying again I thought, eh I can just try it some other time I've got other games to play.

I went back to the game in 2014 to clean up the list and go for the multiplayer trophies, I tried it again but it didn't unlock for whatever reason, so I went through it again to make sure I did everything right and the game crashed on me. So I just left it seen as I was pretty burnt out with the game anyway because of all the multiplayer trophies.

A year later I went back to get some of the multiplayer trophies I'd somehow missed. I'd now got every single trophy in this game, bar this Bronco one, so I thought, can't be too hard just to get this one single player trophy, especially after getting the nightmares that are Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace and Kingpin.

First attempt I'd got the wrong bloody horse, second attempt the Marshals never turned up and third attempt - with everything done correctly - it just didn't unlock for whatever reason.

Loaded up the game like last year or so for the sole purpose of getting this trophy, did everything perfect, but as I was galloping away from the Marshals the game froze.

I'll go back to it again at some point, but I really can't be bothered for awhile now.

It's not even a hard trophy either, it's well easy compared to some in this game.

It's 'That One Bloody Trophy' indeed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WickleWummy said:

I haven't given up just yet but the "beating the game in 15 lives or less" trophy from Rogue Legacy is probably the hardest trophy I had the displeasure of trying to get. Also doesn't help literal last two games I played before it also had the bloody "beat the game in x amount of lives" trophies, or as I like to call "play the shit out of a game after you already completed it and double or triple your playtime for absolutely nothing" where the two games were Limbo and Super Meat Boy, which were both hard, but at least they were fun to get, Rogue Legacy can screw you over with the luck needed to beat it, from the character it gives you to the vast amount of game breaking glitches ruining many runs. And unlike Super Meat Boy where a no death run takes at most 10 minutes and you can practice any level whenever you want, Rogue Legacy doesn't have that and takes (an estimated time for me at least) around 3-6 hours for a good run, and anywhere in that time you can glitch out and die or have to restart your run because of it. 

What glitches? I played this game quite a bit and never had it glitch out on me. The closest I can think is making the chain dudes drop their spiky ball inside a wall for it to get destroyed.

I've seen a few people having trouble with that tophy, it kinda makes me super proud of myself for beating it only dying twice, lol. And btw, I left some tips in the Rogue Legacy forum.

On topic I have yet to find a trophy that is extremelly difficult. But since I don't play online games thats to be expected.

I checked that Super Meat Boy trophy people mentioned and I can say I wouldn't even attempt that because I don't play games to feel stressed out, and knowing myself I would be extremelly stressed during the last stages of that no death run.

2 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

What glitches? I played this game quite a bit and never had it glitch out on me. The closest I can think is making the chain dudes drop their spiky ball inside a wall for it to get destroyed.

I've seen a few people having trouble with that tophy, it kinda makes me super proud of myself for beating it only dying twice, lol. And btw, I left some tips in the Rogue Legacy forum.

On topic I have yet to find a trophy that is extremelly difficult. But since I don't play online games thats to be expected.

I checked that Super Meat Boy trophy people mentioned and I can say I wouldn't even attempt that because I don't play games to feel stressed out, and knowing myself I would be extremelly stressed during the last stages of that no death run.

Well aside from a nice bit of crashes (that just makes me have to restart with that life, having to kill and find all the money from that castle again) which is bothersome but not too bad. A few time the gear thing that signifies it's saving started when building a castle and just never loaded again, I left it there for at least 2 hours and it never loaded (had to reset my run after that), and this mostly happens in the final boss but when killing the first guy I think it's when I'm not on the ground when hitting the final blow, I glitch into the ground and can't do anything, I can restart the castle from the start at that point but I end up being low on HP and MP so it's annoying. Those are the ones off the top of my head that happened several times now, the rest I know how to avoid now or only occurred once so it's not a problem.

And I'm doing my final run now before I put down the game for a while, though I'm kind of cheesing it with the thing you can do with the clowns knife throwing minigame where if you don't destroy all the targets or throw the last knife you can farm money, I have no life so I'm planning to grind to 100k or maybe if I'm feeling extra no lifey when I reach that go for 200k, though I'm afraid it'll crash and I'll lose all my progress in grinding since it already happened once this run. I feel like I'm the only one having frequent crashes on this game so maybe that's on me somehow though, also not 100% sure what to spend my fortune on. And I'lll check out the tips you left, thanks ;D

I have a few:

FFX: Chocobo rider (Win a race with a catcher chocobo with a total time of 0:0:0.): I gave up after 50 tries, no FFX plat for me.... Although I wanted all the FF plats as part of my collection ?

Lightning Dancer was frustrating also, but because of the Chocobo trophy blocking me from the plat, I didn't bother with the rest. 

Tales of Symphonia: Worldwide Knight (Obtain all titles): I could technically do this in that it's not hard. It just takes 5 playthrough's of non-skippable cutscenes and over 150 hours. It's a great game but not good enough to play that many times, especially since it's really old based on Gamecube so the visuals and graphics are all 2D-ish. I got bored after 1 playthrough, so forget 5. 

Tales of Zesteria: Sweet Sixteen: This involved using the overly complicated skill sheet and lining up something like 16 skills. I never understood the skill sheet despite reading all the guides, and pretty much ignored it as it was overly complicated. It also needs hours of weapon farming and synthesising, so the whole process from the farming to actually even using that skill sheet was beyond me. 

10 hours ago, WickleWummy said:

~snip~

The difficult part of Limbo is simply being patient enough and calm enough to play through the entire thing without dying more than five times.

The part near the very end can be very stressful because you have to play with gravity and time exactly when you're supposed to jump. Understandably I know why many people just give up on that trophy and move on.

Super Meat Boy was and still is one of the hardest platformers out there. I've spent upwards of 25 - 30+ hours just to get the last few no death trophies and I still have Cotton Alley left to finish. Definitely difficult, but has a platinum that commands respect due to it's extremely low percentage.

I have Rogue Legacy on Steam and on PS4 (haven't placed it on my main yet), while not nearly as hard as Super Meat Boy or some other platformers, the randomness cranks up the difficulty. Using the Architect lowers the difficulty a lot because he saves the map layout for you, but you get less money and runes as a result.

Those remix bosses are difficult. They are likely the trophies most people have trouble with. The trophy for beating the game with no more than 15 deaths can be abused by making a save to the Cloud and USB. That way if you ended up dying you just go back with the older save.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - the fighting challenges. 

It's literally been years and those are the only things keeping me from the platinum. I gave them an honest attempt several years ago and got a few more 3 stars as well as getting decently close on Shock and Awe, so I know that I could probably do it. But now I'm so rusty with a PS3 controller and it's been so long since I played the game that I never have the motivation to sit down and practice over and over until I complete them.

16 minutes ago, Spaz said:

~snip~²

Well Limbo for me was annoying since every single run I found a new way to die every single time. Like I feel like I died every way possible by the time I finished, luckily I never died multiple times on one spot over multiple runs that often, and I never liked the game that much to begin with so it wasn't the funniest experience. For me the timing just took me to go to that chapter and find the exact time to start running when the gravity switched so I would always make it correctly, it was mainly just dumb mistakes I had to deal with once I learned the basic layout of the game. 

Rogue Legacy on my main run I probably made it harder on myself without ever using the architect a single time (asides accidentally once or twice) and focusing solely on gold upgrades and critical chance upgrades since I wanted to try the path possibly less ventured. It took me to NG+ to get stuff like double jump and start upgrading strength and health. I Never really thought it was too difficult though even when I had not the best strategy going into it. And I am not a smart pickle so I have 0 clue what you mean when you say to save it to Cloud or USB, I heard of them (not sure at all what they actually are though) but not sure if you'd be able to use that on ze Vita which I'm playing it on.

"Your wife is interested in photography, nudge nudge!"

Anyone who's ever played Oh Sir!  The Insult Simulator knows that horror.  Anyone who got this trophy is incredibly lucky.

Runner up:

King of Jump Rope trophy in Final Fantasy IX.  Either I need a better controller or hand eye coordination, because 1,000 jumps is just out of the question for me.

• Like 2