Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

3 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Just finished Until Dawn for Team Jaws! I think I've finally solidified what I want to do for my graphic for this too. Tell me if you guys think it's good, bad, etc.

Hide contents

5bI3ITE.png

That's awesome, I especially like the background you chose for it :)

• Like 1

Kinemortophobia - Kind of DOA, but got a bit of life left in it

Lb129e8.png

You play as a mage and have to save the world, The plot is as bare bones as it gets. The gimmick here is that you get to create your own spells. You start with a couple of basic spells and through exploring and solving puzzles you get new runes that you can use to amplify your spells with. What is an interesting concept at first, loses it's appeal eventually as it just becomes a mess. There's a lot of trial and error in creating a spell, as the same runes lead to different outcomes depending on how they were connected to each other. The combat is fairly simple and the enemy variety is a bit lacking. The art style is pretty nice to look at though.

Progress: 11/13

Spoiler

1. Samhainophobia - Black MIrror

2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Swapquest

3.  Kinemortophobia - Mages of Mystralia

4. Thanatophobia - Here They Lie

5.  Monophobia - The Long Reach

6.  Dementophobia - Layers of Fear (as far as I know the theme for this game is "madness", so it should fit)

7. Chronophobia - Shantae Half-Genie Hero

8. Decidophobia - Heavy Rain

9. Technophobia - Nier Automata

10. Acrophobia - Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again

11. Metathesiophobia (finished) - Poi

12. Gynophobia (finished) - Whispering Willows

13. Phobophobia - Inside (you play as a little boy, which fullfills the "Team Chucky" condition)

• Like 3

Another list change for me. Yes, I know I haven't had much progress. But I need motivation to play, so maybe this will help:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/5822a8/Lf10f27.png →  https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/be53a5/L004390.png

Chronophobia: Team Chucky

Gone Home → The Sexy Brutale

I decided to switch from Gone Home cuz man, the idea of going back to it did not have me excited. And one of my friends hinted that The Sexy Brutale is right up my alley, so I'm putting it on here. The game is about manipulating time to prevent murders, so I think it fits the theme pretty well~

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, keploz85 said:

@Mesopithecus

Yes, it is a Metroidvania style game. It is a loosely based on The Mummy (2017) film. It is a 2D retro game and I liked it a lot. The trophy list is pretty easy, there is only one you should be worry, beat the game without dying.

I actually thought, it was a remaster of the game from 2000. I mean why would it's name imply that it's a  "remaster" otherwise?

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Does anyone have any fun Halloween stories they wish to share?

Is it too late to sign up for this? Normally don’t bother with these things. Anyway, I have four “spooky” games for October that fit.

Dead Nation Vita (zombies)

Alice Madness Returns (women)

Alien Isolation (some creature)

Twisted Metal (speed run, race to server closure)

Anyway, I typically dress up as a fake scarecrow. Everyone ringing my house assumes I’m a decoration, then I jump out and scare them like you wouldn’t believe. Sometimes their parents need to collect the candy afterwards.)

• Like 2

Last year me and my dad sent up a tent outside and greeted trick or treaters with candy for the kids and peanuts for the adults. It was nice to see that my parents live in a neighborhood with lots of kids in it. Since this is my first Halloween in my new condo I wonder if there are going to be any kids coming by to trick or treat. It would give me an excuse to buy a big bag of candy(since my dentist ordered me to cut down on soda I am in a constant sugar withdrawal state :().

• Like 1

Team Cujo -

Got the plat for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which was... odd. Not really sure why it got so much praise when it came out.  :dunno:

Wouldn't call it bad overall, though the walking speed is miserable even if you "sprint". Unless you want to spend an eternity looking for a bunch of collectibles that have no indicator, follow a guide - you have no way of knowing how many you're at or if it actually counted until you're at the very end of the game, which makes Completionist a bit of a headache (the ones with specific trophies do pop before the point if no return if you earned them, at least). Still not actually sure where that one kilroy was, never managed to see the thing...

Kudos to those who played it blind. That had to be a lot of slow scouring / trial and error.

That just leaves Horizon for my current list, but while I enjoyed what I did play, I'm not really in the mood for it right now. May poke around and see if I can finish up some other games for the event, or just take a short break.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

@SyIaris  Agree with you on Rapture.  The Completionist was the worse trophy.

Really seemed like an odd design choice. Something like a small transparent checkmark in the corner of the screen if something was found would have been nice, if they didn't want to have a way you could easily check your progress.

7 minutes ago, Briste said:

When I was in college, I used to wait tables and bartend. For Halloween one year at the restaurant I worked at, I dressed up as a waitress and I went the whole 9 yards. Shaved my chest, arms and legs, had my mother do my make-up, wore a Peggy Sue wig with a skirt and top, fake boobs...I'm 6 feet and was about 200 lbs at the time, so I wasn't the most petite of girls. What I learned is that...1) it is really hard being a girl...it took waaaaaay too long to get ready...my fake boobs kept getting in my way and my lower back was sore by the end of it. I also got more numbers/cat calls in my one day as a girl than the rest of my life as a guy. 2) Tips are waaaaaaay better when you're a girl :) Needless to say I haven't done it since due to all the work involved, but I did have a lot of fun.

Question about the special challenge...I know you can't change games once you are locked in...are you disqualified from it if you can't complete your list? I'm not feeling super confident that I'll get Dark Souls Remastered completed in time. I'm not taking it off the list either way, but I was wondering. Thanks!

That story is amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

If you can't complete your list, then I won't be disqualifying for the bonus badge. The only exception I'd make to that is if someone hasn't completed at least 3 games.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

If you can't complete your list, then I won't be disqualifying for the bonus badge. The only exception I'd make to that is if someone hasn't completed at least 3 games.

That's nice to hear. I was a bit hesistant as I wasn't sure if I would the time or motivation to finish all games I added. Most likely I will only be able to finish another 2 or 3 of my list (Detroit, Spider-Man, and something else). I also thought about switching a game (most likely Late Shift as a replacement for Life is Strange) but now I will stick to it, even if I don't feel like playing it right now.

• Like 1