What PS1 game do you think needs a remaster/trophy list? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Parasite Eve I & II 
Metal Gear Solid 
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins.
Clock Tower I & II: The Struggle Within. 

Dino Crisis (I'd rather a full remake, but the remaster version would be welcome.)

Alien Resurrection (The controls should be revamped so it'd be playable easily.)
Alien Trilogy (This one should support the analog stick to move effortlessly.)
Dark Seed

Silent Hill

• Like 1

Tekken 3

Ace Combat 3

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Crash Team Racing

Ehrgiez

Syphon Filter Trilogy

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Fighting Force

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Ridge Racer: Type 4

Time Crisis

Dino Crisis

Destruction Derby

Bushido Blade

Intelligent Qube 

Silent Bomber

Rival Schools

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I second this. IMO, one of the all time best RPGs ever made.  Unfortunately, owned by Konami, so all we can do is hope they sell the ip

I hope so, it's a shame they let Suikoden dead when the first and the second game are awesome! My favorite is the first one, but the second is absolutely incredible too.

10 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

- Sheep Dog n Wolf aka Sheep Raider

YES!! When I saw the topic title, that's exactly what I came here to say! No one ever talks about/has heard of this game, but it's one of the games that really make you think. I mean, nowadays, online forums and stuff would give away answers and make the game trivially easy, but at the time you had to work it out yourself, and some of them took me years to finally crack, like that one you have to get the sheep across the river.

Also Croc games need remastered. I only ever owned Legend of the Gobbos but I'm pretty sure there were more.

And Final Fantasy VIII needs even just a port. It's the only PS1 game that hasn't had one, and it was my favourite. If they could bring 1-6 to the Vita it'd be great too.

• Like 1

Die hard Trilogy Remake would be very interessting to see.
Final Fantasy 7 ofc, but hey we are waiting on that so uhm maybe legend of the dragoon instead.

Would be fun to see a remake of the first Tekken as a gimmick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KamakuraHero said:

- Tenchu 2: Birth Of The Stealth Assassins

- Silent Hill

O yeah absolutely Tenchu 2: Birth of the stealth assassins.

That game is one of the best Ninja simulators you can get. Definitely worth it too remake that imo.

Trophies are nice, but I don't think we need remasters of PS1 games. i believe PS1 games are mostly outdated to play these days. Remakes like Capcom is doing with Resident Evil 2 and Bluepoint did with Shadow of the Colossus are what players actually need. I hope more developers do this for many notable games released on PlayStation1 and PlayStation2. Cheers. :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I would like to see Tomba 1 and Tomba 2 with trophies the most. I don't even really want to see a remaster. Just a port would suffice. Those games are so dorky and fun that they'll just make you laugh playing them. 

I third (?) the Chrono Trigger remaster. I also second Klonoa. 

Lastly, I want a complete remake (similar to Crash Bandicoot and Spyro) for Ape Escape. The game is dated and you can see its age, but the concept and idea are just spectacular. The series deserves a revival and now is as good of a time as ever.

Absolutely! I really enjoyed the Tomba series, and Ape Escape being Playstation's first game to use the dualshock analog sticks, I think it deserves the re-make treatment. 

16 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg

I remember playing a lot of this on the PS1. I loved a lot of the earlier Castlevania games so it would be neat to see some of the older ones remastered with trophy list.

I would kill for a port of this. I only got to play this game a little bit as a kid, but I loved it. 

5 hours ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

hqdefault.jpg

YES! THIS PERSON GETS IT! xD

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Soul Blade

latest?cb=20161005235150

I would love a port of this as well, definitely not because this was my favorite game on PS1 or anything! :)

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Trophies are nice, but I don't think we need remasters of PS1 games. i believe PS1 games are mostly outdated to play these days. Remakes like Capcom is doing with Resident Evil 2 and Bluepoint did with Shadow of the Colossus are what players actually need. I hope more developers do this for many notable games released on PlayStation1 and PlayStation2. Cheers. :)

This is a really good point too! Some games may not have aged as well, which is why I'm excited for any kind of re-make like with RE2 and Spyro. Thanks for this! :)

• Like 3

I wish they would remake the Original Rayman. One of the best games of all time in my opinion. Also one of my all time favorites is Dino Crisis 2. Still play that every damn year. A pure classic in my family is still Legend of Legaia, often overlooked and forgotten because of FF7. An Ape Escape remake would be amazing. And, to wrap up, a remake of one of the Army Men games. Literally the coolest franchise that has been forgotten. Pheraps 3DO, Sarges Heroes, or Air Attack, or all three. This is my list. 

Grandia - It's coming to PC & Switch, but why not PS4?  Having this get stuck as Switch exclusive would be sacrilege.

Strider 2 - This would be better than the PS4 Strider reboot.  It's one reason I'm so glad Vita plays PS1 games.

Time Crisis - I'll 2nd breakdance1989 on this one. What's really needed is a complete TC collection, which would have the arcade TC5 as well.

Edited by gameoverDude189
  • Like 1