Hollow knight PS4 release date announced: September 25th

monteblommie

Love this game.  Love it!  It's beautiful, quirky, dark, challenging and fun in equal measure.  It helps that 2D Metroidvania has quickly become my favorite game genre (thanks to games like this, Ori, Axiom Verge, etc).

Glad more platforms are getting it and more gamers will get to enjoy it. :)

I have it on PC and Switch, including a very rare collectors physical PC release from IndieBox that I was super lucky to get (managed to nab one of 70 leftover copies after the initial run for subscribers only that I missed) and haven't opened.  And a plush of the little main character dude.  The game fits like a glove on my Switch so I don't feel compelled to get it for PS4... but I'll definitely partake on the physical Switch copy when it comes.

EDIT: It's coming to Xbox One as well, just for informations sake.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Love this game.  Love it!  It's beautiful, quirky, dark, challenging and fun in equal measure.  It helps that 2D Metroidvania has quickly become my favorite game genre (thanks to games like this, Ori, Axiom Verge, etc).

Glad more platforms are getting it and more gamers will get to enjoy it. :)

I have it on PC and Switch, including a very rare collectors physical PC release from IndieBox that I was super lucky to get (managed to nab one of 70 leftover copies after the initial run for subscribers only that I missed) and haven't opened.  And a plush of the little main character dude.  The game fits like a glove on my Switch so I don't feel compelled to get it for PS4... but I'll definitely partake on the physical Switch copy when it comes.

EDIT: It's coming to Xbox One as well, just for informations sake.

Nice! Do you think it'll be relatively straightforward to 100%? I just got my 100% in Ori and the Blind Forest over on the XB1 and am really into playing some more metroidvania type games. I've had my eye on Hollow Knight ever since Dodger was talking about it on an old Totalbiscuit podcast

35 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Nice! Do you think it'll be relatively straightforward to 100%? I just got my 100% in Ori and the Blind Forest over on the XB1 and am really into playing some more metroidvania type games. I've had my eye on Hollow Knight ever since Dodger was talking about it on an old Totalbiscuit podcast

Base game shouldn't be a problem but i've read that the dlc adds some serious challenges mostly related to boss battles.

Edited by monteblommie

28 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'd say it's a more complicated 100% than Ori.  Both because of the boss battles / the general difficulty of the game... and also because the map in Hollow Knight is massive, intertwining and unclear at times of where to go and what to do next.  It's a beautiful but somewhat frustrating thing at times. xD  And there's a lot of optional (but awesome) stuff, including multiple endings, just below the games surface if you choose to dig deep enough.

Edited by Dreakon13

10 minutes ago, monteblommie said:

Base game shouldn't be problem but i've read that the dlc adds some serious challenges mostly related to boss battles.

That dlc point sounds a bit similar to the Ori dlc in that it added extra difficulty related stuff, if Hollow Knight is worth it, i'm down with accepting the challenge

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'd say it's a more complicated 100% than Ori.  Both because of the boss battles / the general difficulty of the game... and also because the map in Hollow Knight is massive, intertwining and unclear at times of where to go and what to do next.  It's a beautiful but somewhat frustrating thing at times. xD  And there's a lot of optional (but awesome) stuff, including multiple endings, just below the games surface if you choose to dig deep enough.

Ahhh so many games to play :( you only made me want to pick it up more. I'm already at a point where my only option is to somehow invent more time on top of the time we normally have available to us as human beings to play all the titles coming out this year so far.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

9 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

Thank you!

I pre-ordered :D So happy, I've been going back and forth on getting this for PC, but I'm just not good at using KB+M to game, being a console gamer since I was a kid. Glad I held off, as now I can finally play it using a controller! (I don't own a Switch, and don't plan to)

Also worth noting the pre-order also has a 20% PS+ discount, so it only cost £9.79, which is less than I thought I'd have to pay for this!

• Like 3