Platinums obtained without boosting.

BrettyBoy

Typically I don't like to boost as such, so I've only ever joined 3 boosting sessions (one on here, one on TrueTrophies and one on TrueAchievements). In many cases where the lobbies are dead I can often get the trophies with my partner if he also has a copy of the game, so I guess in some cases this may be considered "boosting". 

But some that I can think of that I can definitely say I did fully legit are:

Killzone Mercenary

Battlefield 4

Ride

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

WRC 5 (PS4)

MXGP (Vita)

MXGP (PS4)

MXGP 2

Rocket League

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Dirt 4

• Like 2

Checking my list these are games I have done without the need to ask some foreign person for help

Dirt 4

Gravel

Mantis Burn Racing

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS Vita)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita-version)

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Ride 2

Some of them, mostly Gravel, MBR, Ratchet & Clank and Ride 2 were rather easy as the requirements are quite low. For PSASBR I had the luck that I got the game right after launch together with the Vita and there were a few people in the local area who send friend requests and with whom I was able to play. The online-requirements for the plat in NfS: Most Wanted where done with PSN-friends who also owned the game and wanted to try the multiplayer.

• Like 1

So what im gathering is that if you created a gaming session than thats considered boosting..

below are games i did not create a gaming session for, i either soloed it or just messaged friends already on my friends list to play along with me who i knew already had the same game, therefore no gaming session was ever created

games like call of duty, im pretty good at those games, plus just about everyone on my friends list is already a beast at them aswell so i got partners galore! So is that still considered boosting?, idk

Resistance 3 (already had a friend to play co op  campaign with on hard)

Tekken 6 (mp came naturally)

Call of Duty black ops (zombies stuff with friends)

Call of duty black ops 2 (just need to finish giant accomplishment for the plat but i did zombies with friends)

Call of duty modern warfare 3 (did spec ops with a buddy)

playstation all stars battle royale (ps3 and vita) (mp came naturally)

resistance burning skies (mp came naturally)

killzone mercenary (mp was doable solo after some trial and error, mostly with that zap gun thing)

Need for speed most wanted (vita) (easy online)

dead nation (i did a few things with a friend but for the most part i soloed it)

Minecraft (ps3, vita and ps4) (a friend had a platinum world built and invited me to it on all 3 platforms)

Tomb raider (ps3 and ps4) (ps3 had a disconnection trick to pop the mp trophies and ps4 came naturally since there was no disconnection trick)

Resogun (ps3 and ps4) (did 1cc with a long time buddy)

Tekken 7 (mp came naturally)

sniper elite 3 (ps3 and ps4, no plats yet but MP is finished, did them with 2 long time friends)

mortal kombat x (did the respect points shit with 3 friends and i did the save backup trick at the time to get the 5 ranked wins in a row)

Call of duty black ops 3 (zombies mode with friends)

Call of duty wwII (Zombies mode with friends)

Battlefield 1 (no plat yet but the mp was easy enough)

Call of duty infinite warfare (no plat yet but i did the zombies mode with friends and the 5 wins in multiplayer trophy popped eventually on its own well over 50 wins)

Below are Games i made actual sessions for:

wipeout hd (i recruited people to boost the online wins and bling brigade trophy)

evolve (no plat yet but i recruited people for just about every single mp trophy there is)

diablo III (had some recruited help for the hardcore run and people power leveling me through 5 other characters for dream team)

battlefield hardline (no plat yet but i made a session and got someone to help me with menz in tha hood trophy)

Killzone 3 (no plat yet but right before the server shut down i made a session for the remaining mp trophies i didnt finish yet on my own)

MX vs ATV Supercross Encore (had to boost for that stupid ass 12 people trophy)

rocketbirds hard boiled chicken (i had to find someone for co op)

And i think thats about it...

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

So what im gathering is that if you created a gaming session than thats considered boosting..

below are games i did not create a gaming session for, i either soloed it or just messaged friends already on my friends list to play along with me who i knew already had the same game, therefore no gaming session was ever created

games like call of duty, im pretty good at those games, plus just about everyone on my friends list is already a beast at them aswell so i got partners galore! So is that still considered boosting?, idk

Resistance 3 (already had a friend to play co op  campaign with on hard)

Tekken 6 (mp came naturally)

Call of Duty black ops (zombies stuff with friends)

Call of duty black ops 2 (just need to finish giant accomplishment for the plat but i did zombies with friends)

Call of duty modern warfare 3 (did spec ops with a buddy)

playstation all stars battle royale (ps3 and vita) (mp came naturally)

resistance burning skies (mp came naturally)

killzone mercenary (mp was doable solo after some trial and error, mostly with that zap gun thing)

Need for speed most wanted (vita) (easy online)

dead nation (i did a few things with a friend but for the most part i soloed it)

Minecraft (ps3, vita and ps4) (a friend had a platinum world built and invited me to it on all 3 platforms)

Tomb raider (ps3 and ps4) (ps3 had a disconnection trick to pop the mp trophies and ps4 came naturally since there was no disconnection trick)

Resogun (ps3 and ps4) (did 1cc with a long time buddy)

Tekken 7 (mp came naturally)

sniper elite 3 (ps3 and ps4, no plats yet but MP is finished, did them with 2 long time friends)

mortal kombat x (did the respect points shit with 3 friends and i did the save backup trick at the time to get the 5 ranked wins in a row)

Call of duty black ops 3 (zombies mode with friends)

Call of duty wwII (Zombies mode with friends)

Battlefield 1 (no plat yet but the mp was easy enough)

Call of duty infinite warfare (no plat yet but i did the zombies mode with friends and the 5 wins in multiplayer trophy popped eventually on its own well over 50 wins)

Below are Games i made actual sessions for:

wipeout hd (i recruited people to boost the online wins and bling brigade trophy)

evolve (no plat yet but i recruited people for just about every single mp trophy there is)

diablo III (had some recruited help for the hardcore run and people power leveling me through 5 other characters for dream team)

battlefield hardline (no plat yet but i made a session and got someone to help me with menz in tha hood trophy)

Killzone 3 (no plat yet but right before the server shut down i made a session for the remaining mp trophies i didnt finish yet on my own)

MX vs ATV Supercross Encore (had to boost for that stupid ass 12 people trophy)

rocketbirds hard boiled chicken (i had to find someone for co op)

And i think thats about it...

Boosting is where the person on the enemy team purposely lets you kick their ass in a multiplayer online match just so you can obtain online trophies for example. 

Edited by Brettyboy888
  • Like 1

Not many. Among the games I've played with online trophies, I think the only ones I platted without boosting were Guitar Hero 5 (unless you could getting 4 drummers together instead of just hoping randomly that it occurs) and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. In both of those, I did all of the competitive stuff legit (and in WoR, I don't even think there were competitive requirements - I think you just had to play the game).

I would have been happy to beat down people in GH: Metallica and GH: Smash Hits, but no one played.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Nope, boosting is when you find a group of players willing to help you earn competitive mp trophies without having to do it in a public lobby with randoms. Cooperative gaming sessions are another thing and have nothing to do with boosting. It just means that you are looking for partners to achieve co-op based trophies. Payday The Heist, for instance, is a game full of co-op trophies.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brettyboy888 said:

Boosting is where the person on the enemy team purposely lets you kick their ass in a multiplayer online match just so you can obtain online trophies for example. 

Well thank you for the clarification

my idea of it was obviously wrong

33 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

Nope, boosting is when you find a group of players willing to help you earn competitive mp trophies without having to do it in a public lobby with randoms. Cooperative gaming sessions are another thing and have nothing to do with boosting. It just means that you are looking for partners to achieve co-op based trophies. Payday The Heist, for instance, is a game full of co-op trophies.

Oh ok, i get it now

i guess you can say i had a blonde moment lol

i was clearly misinformed on what boosting actually was

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Major Rain said:

I don't know about that. I was in a "co-op session" about a month back which involved players suiciding against computer as fast as possible to get online play count. Then there are stuff like "revive player" trophies, or xp/rank farming based on such actions and people aren't even trying to beat a mission or whatever they're playing. People might even just afk for some trophies, or let strong players carry them through stuff.

That said, I don't play much multiplayer, but I have a few plats with mp-trophies. I got them all without boosting, except for DW Gundam 3, which is co-op. I also have all Wipeout Omega Collection mp-trophies that were easy and fun to get at the release, but I'm missing two single player trophies for the platinum.

Edited by mecharobot

18 hours ago, mecharobot said:

I don't know about that. I was in a "co-op session" about a month back which involved players suiciding against computer as fast as possible to get online play count. Then there are stuff like "revive player" trophies, or xp/rank farming based on such actions and people aren't even trying to beat a mission or whatever they're playing. People might even just afk for some trophies, or let strong players carry them through stuff.

That said, I don't play much multiplayer, but I have a few plats with mp-trophies. I got them all without boosting, except for DW Gundam 3, which is co-op. I also have all Wipeout Omega Collection mp-trophies that were easy and fun to get at the release, but I'm missing two single player trophies for the platinum.

Yeah you are actually right. Most players prefer to speed things up to get the trophies as fast as possible therefore they'd rather find alternative ways instead of playing normally, even in co-op based trophies.

Edited by Major Rain

Plats without boosting (all Ps3)

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Ratchet + Clank FFA

Ratchet + Clank A4O

N4S : Most Wanted

Portal 2

SSX

Motorstorm RC

Mass Effect 3

Disney Infinity 2

Disney Infinity 3

Burnout Paradise

Fifa 10

Fifa 12

Fifa 14

Fifa 15

Rayman Legends

Little Big Planet 1

Little Big Planet 2

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

I'd probably count Blur when I finish the solo part because although I did boost the online at first, I messed up one of the challenges and basically had to go through all the online again from scratch and redid everything I'd boosted. 

Also a few psn 100%'s without boosting.   

Edited by Gryzler
Spelling
  • Like 1

Let's see what I did without boosting:

RDR (didn't got for the 100%)
Max Payne 3 mostly during the double exp weekends, long ago (again not 100%)
Borderlands
Splinter Cell Blacklist
The Last of Us (I did boost the DLC so..)
Fifa 13, fuck FUT bullshit.
Ninja Gaiden S2
Ninja Gaiden RE
AC IV: Black Flag on PS4 (again not 100%)
AC: Unity the co-op can be easily soloed.
Plants Vs Zombies: GW 1
TC The Division (again not 100%, no interest in the DLC)
Need For Speed (didn't bothered with the DLC, too much of a grind for some lousy trophies imo)
Helldivers
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4 (100%)
Doom (not 100% since the season pass was full priced, fuck that. And it went free a couple of months later, but I had already sold/traded the game by then)
RE: Revelations
Destiny (well had to find people who also needed the trophies, so I don't considered it boosting as it still requires a lot of teamplay and not something you can boost, also 100% this)
Destiny 2 (not 100%)
Mass Effect 3 (100%)
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Dead Space 3 (100%)
Killing Floor 2
Fuse
Dying Light (100%)
Battlefield 1 (100%, easy anyway)
Project Cars
Dead Nation PS3 (100%) (still have to do the PS4)
Black Ops 3 (a shit game, was actually a waste of time and money)

Minor games where there are a couple of trophies you don't have to do much:
Uncharted 2 + 3
AC3
GoW: Ascenion
Killzone 3
Watch Dogs 2
R&C Full frontal assault & the free for all one.

I rarely boost trophies, most of the time I'm either looking for people for the co-op or to assemble a decent group of people for games like Destiny who know what to do and execute it without screwing it up or being a total noob, like actually read tactics/know how to do a bossfight. It seems to me that the PS3 has more and more games that are easily boosted, were on PS4 is much less common because of how easier the trophies are most of the time. But it still depends on which game as well. Can't be arsed to do game a game that's free on PS+ like Dead By Daylight or Friday the 13th, the grind is just absurd and I'll probably get bored of the game after playing it for a week or so unlike the games I buy/play for enjoyment.. So I ain't gonna spend 100-200hrs on a mediocre crappy game just for the sake of some lousy ultra rare platinum.. People who play game just for trophies or don't enjoy them, well that's just sad in gaming.  

I did boosted a few people in Destiny 1 for the Heroic Wrath of the machines, but that was more for the fun of it because I liked doing the raid, we did a run from start to finish that took about 2 hrs or less I believe on heroic without dying, given that you know the raid inside out. Which was great.  

Edited by joskeabzu
  • Like 1

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 4

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Assassin's Creed Unity

Hitman: Absolution

Tekken 7

Watch Dogs

Watch Dogs 2

Far Cry 5 is the only one I've ever had to boost because of the featured maps trophies. Kinda hard to find those at the time.

Also Black Flag multi-player killed me. ? Level 55. ?

• Like 1